The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Souleater said:

I'm sure I got Necromancer Avec Chapeau in the Great Lead sale?!

I am misremembering, surely? Was that sculpt that old? 

It stood the test of time pretty well, at any rate.

it was the second generation Heinrich Kemmler , the Lichmaster model.

The original is on the left,

image.png.fd9d22ca2e74a86b16e72bd38a566ef5.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, dekay said:

I've done a quick research:

He first appeared in 1986, in Terror of the Lichemaster set:

http://solegends.com/citscenarios/lichemasterterror-01.htm - you can see his original model here.

Then he got resculpted circa 1995 to his current form.

http://solegends.org/citcat1998us/c1998usp213-01.htm

Both models side by side:

Indeed. The Terror of the Lichmaster was the first scenario in which the Skaven made an appearance as well.

The follow up was the Vengeance of the lichmaster a couple of years later.

I liked in the end times the nod to history when Krell revealed that he had never been a thrall for the ead and always had remained in death a Servant of chaos as he had been in life.  In fact in Realms of Chaos: Slaves to Darkness, when your hero died you could roll to see if there was the possibility he would rise up as an udead chaos hero to carry on his good ministry.

Here is my first warhammer army - the skeleton horde box set, skellies, skellies and more skellies... Jason and the Argonauts Ray Harry Hausen animation had a lot to answer for!  Back then a box of plastic skeletons was a massive huge deal, you have no idea! - no bat wing helmets or any of that we're dead with an extra dose of dead in a splashing of dead sauce wrap just in case you'd missed the fact we were dead kinda stuff that came later.

If GW gives me barrow wights, bones and old rusty swords then I think I'll be resurrecting  re-animating this army with not a glowing green thing in sight.

37005187596_470417d771_c.jpg

36358449904_b6b5af3b8e_c.jpg

Edited by Kaleb Daark
  • Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 1

Radukar update on WH community but no official release date... ugh.

Just now, KingBrodd said:

Having no experience with Silver Tower or BSF, will the models from the Cursed City Boxed set be available separately in the future?

Unless you buy them on ebay or another reseller, no. I mean, judging from previous sets.

9 minutes ago, Ratboy genius said:

The answer is definitely maybe.

9 minutes ago, Random said:

Unless you buy them on ebay or another reseller, no. I mean, judging from previous sets.

May have to scour Ebay at the release time then for Corpse Eater!! I'm hoping Mawtribes gets expanded down the line and most likely will before the Sons so what's the next best thing to Gargantuan mounds of flesh? Large amounts of hungry flesh!!

11 minutes ago, Random said:

Tzaangors, Acolytes, Gaunt Summoner, Brimstone Horrrors, and new Blue Horrors appeared in Silver Tower first before showing up as part of the official DoT release in full sets. So theres that at least.

1 minute ago, AverageBoss said:

Tzaangors, Acolytes, Gaunt Summoner, Brimstone Horrrors, and new Blue Horrors appeared in Silver Tower first before showing up as part of the official DoT release in full sets. So theres that at least.

True, you're right about that. But I was thinking more about the unique hero models in Blackstone Fortress, which are mirrored by unique hero models in Cursed City.

Maybe the enemies will be released, but afaik, the traitor guardsmen from BSF which a lot of people wanted weren't released either.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sharkbelly said:

I have a strong suspicion that the minis will be available separately. The skeletons and zombies, for example, seem to be designed to be sold in a 10-pack.

Nah I imagine they’ll just be like the Blackstone Fortress ones. A big mixed sprue of enemies doubled up, and you create variety by mixing/using different components. You can already see there’s only 5 bodies for each of the skeletons and zombies. 

10 minutes ago, Random said:

True, you're right about that. But I was thinking more about the unique hero models in Blackstone Fortress, which are mirrored by unique hero models in Cursed City.

Maybe the enemies will be released, but afaik, the traitor guardsmen from BSF which a lot of people wanted weren't released either.

At least some were available seperately until they were dumped.

1 hour ago, Random said:

I'd happily pay more for modern metal minis. I've seen what incredible detail can be etched into molds with lasers firsthand before. I still can't get used to how flimsy plastic minis feel, even after decades of playing...

100% the oposite,metal minis allways have worse details than plastic,it is a fact. The metal cant get in little crevices so good as plastic, i saw a designer in youtuve saying it.

Also metal is the worst material for build models,hard to remove seam lanes and nubs,have huge gaps everywhere,need pinning or break with nothing etc.

Also painting,have so poor detail that even masterclass paintjobs seems only average due to the zero detail of the metal,the paint rub off very easy and chiping with any touch.

And moreover the metal is toxic.....

Glad that gw never release more ****** metal never. Worst material never seen for a miniature ever,i gladdly prefer chinnese recast in resin or even resin of finecat before metal

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

did you catch this line..   

. ..Alongside a horde of ogors bound to his service...

I hope it is a sign of more deathly variants to come, Undead Duardin, Orruks, Aelves, Grots, Beastmen etc.
Even moreso than Chaos and Cities of Sigmar death armies should have the most variation of troop types in my opinion.

I was thinking that maybe rather than a Blood-Knight or Chaos model that the recent rumour engine could be a new mounted vampire lord and it hit me that I cannot think of a single horse mounted hero model left in the game. There are horse like demonic mounts for Slaves to Darkness and of course Lumineth and Stormcast have their strange chimeric beasts and draconic mounts. But I am actually having a hard time thinking of any lord specifically on horseback?

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

did you catch this line..   

. ..Alongside a horde of ogors bound to his service...

Tbh this is the kind of phrasing that strengthens my conviction that he's not an ogre himself, rather that he's a human vampire who seized control of a host of ogres and maybe organised them as these streltsy-looking dudes. There's also a distinct lack of mentions of him being an ogre, coming from a tribe, being obsessed with food, turning from the Gulping God, etc. That and the overall gracility of his frame and features; he just doesn't look like any other ogre made by GW, no heavy jaw, no thicc limbs, no sizeable gut. I really do think the preview hosts spoke in error.

Also just noticed that Ulfenkarn's former name was Mournhold, which was already a rather prominent capital city of the Dunmer in the Elder Scrolls games. Fantasy names get reused all the time of course but this is a rather high profile one. Interestingly the crest of king Hlaalu Helseth, who resided in Mournhold, was a wolf's head. You can see it on the royal guard's belt.

206296-morrowindtrib.jpg

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'd say we can put the Ogor thing to rest. We're several character descriptions deep and nothing apart from a single mention in the stream (that had other mistakes on the presenter's part) seems to confirm it. It seems like he's human-ish, just with some Ogor guards.

• Like 1

I mean, he has a similar boot and pants design, gut plate looking thing, and a similar exposed chest. Its also worth noting that the zombie ogres that we know for sure are zombie ogres, look nothing like any other existing ogres either. He is also the 2nd largest model in the box (2nd only to the big varghulf thing), and his website quote reads that in life he would pick his teeth clean with his victims bones.

I am still leaning towards ogre.

• Like 1