The Rumour Thread

Did someone else also heard March the 13th as a possible date for Warhammer Quest Cursed City release ?

That'd be great. 

I wish we'll get expansions (MOAR Explorers, please !).

And that the Silver Tower gang could be used as Heroes too. 

BTW why aren't the Beastgrave Season 3 warbands yet repackaged in Easy-to-build sets without the cards ??

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Did someone else also heard March the 13th as a possible date for Warhammer Quest Cursed City release ?

That'd be great. 

BTW why aren't the Beastgrave Season 3 warbands yet repackaged in Easy-to-build sets without the cards ??

That'd certainly be sooner than we thought but then again they also did reveal EVERYTHING sooner than we thought. So Uh. Huh. I still want to know the pricing, any half decent rumours there?

38 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

That'd be great. 

If it would be March 13th, their should be a "Coming Soon - Preorder next week" with this on Sunday.

My guess would have been April or May, but the preview showed way more than I have thought.

2 minutes ago, EMMachine said:

If it would be March 13th, their should be a "Coming Soon - Preorder next week" with this on Sunday.

My guess would have been April or May, but the preview showed way more than I have thought.

Honestly, I would not be surprised if Cursed City comes out fairly soon. We know they have been sitting on the models for nearly a year from rumour engines. No doubt the game was intended to release a lot earlier.

March 13th seems like a plausible release date, given that we should probably expect BR: Teclis to come out around the end of March if the release timing of BR: Morathi is any indication. And since all the models have been revealed for Cursed City now, I don't really see why this should not be possible.

That said, I will also not be surprised if we see Cursed City in April or later. That would be just like GW, too: Get everyone massively hyped about a new release, then wait a few months until all the hype has died down to actually release it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Honestly, I would not be surprised if Cursed City comes out fairly soon. We know they have been sitting on the models for nearly a year from rumour engines. No doubt the game was intended to release a lot earlier.

March 13th seems like a plausible release date, given that we should probably expect BR: Teclis to come out around the end of March if the release timing of BR: Morathi is any indication. And since all the models have been revealed for Cursed City now, I don't really see why this should not be possible.

That said, I will also not be surprised if we see Cursed City in April or later. That would be just like GW, too: Get everyone massively hyped about a new release, then wait a few months until all the hype has died down to actually release it.

The Question is, is GW going back to a weekly release or will it stay at 2 weeks, because this would be a point that would speak against March 13th, because we already have a release for March 6th.

If 2 week releases will stay the earliest release would be March 20th.

55 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

That'd be great. 

I’ve seen it said as a guess on another forum, but nothing in any way concrete. I think it’s close because they showed it all, but I’d be surprised if it was the next release. 

20 minutes ago, EMMachine said:

The Question is, is GW going back to a weekly release or will it stay at 2 weeks, because this would be a point that would speak against March 13th, because we already have a release for March 6th.

If 2 week releases will stay the earliest release would be March 20th.

I was under the impression that GW is going back to weekly releases starting in march, but I don't have a source on that besides "everyone is saying".

28 minutes ago, Souleater said:

I'm sure I got Necromancer Avec Chapeau in the Great Lead sale?!

I am misremembering, surely? Was that sculpt that old?

It stood the test of time pretty well, at any rate.

I tried to figure out when Mr. With Hat and Mr. With Black Axe were released, but could not find any definitive info quickly.

I believe they were updates for Kemmler and Krell from late Fantasy (7th, 8th or End Times), but I could well be wrong. Does anyone know for sure?

EDIT: As far as I can tell, the Necromancer with Hat is from 2010, and the Wight King with Black Axe is newer than that.

Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HorticulusTGA said:

That'd be great. 

Where did you hear that? 😱

16 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I was under the impression that GW is going back to weekly releases starting in march, but I don't have a source on that besides "everyone is saying".

The last information we had was December 23rd, 2020

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/12/23/an-update-on-warhammer-releases-in-2021/

What does all this mean for new Warhammer releases?

2021 promises to be an amazing year, packed full of rad Warhammer releases – with something new and exciting arriving every month. That said, the global situation means Warhammer releases in January and February will be lighter than in recent years. 

Rather than weekly, you’ll see new releases every fortnight, with the first pre-orders of 2021 on the 16th of January.

The question is, if they are really able to come back to the weekly releases or if they have to make a status update.

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

But why would we believe that this is a case of units being repackaged when we know new plastic Vampire Lord, Bat Swarm and Mounted Wight King models exist and that GW is trying to phase out Finecast models?

It makes very little sense to me that those old models would stick around for Gravelords.

GW's range is full of old minis that stuck around for some reason. I'm not saying its 100% the case, just that I'm leaning towards repackaging myself.

1 hour ago, HorticulusTGA said:

That'd be great. 

That would be a surprise release to say the least. I'd reckon it'd be around the corner with the info being basically done by now, but that'd be almost too good to be true.

I hope it gets the the same expansions as Blackstone Fortress did, 2 1/2 expansions + the Annual, introducing more rules and quests campaigns. But the whole set will cut a hole in my wallet. BSF ended up being 365€ in its entirety. If we assume that Cursed City will be 200€ flat, and gets the same expansions, it'll end up 445€.

Because Beastgrave. Nightvault's range is the one being currently repackaged for AoS. I guess there's a time or seasonal expiration window for the repackaging.

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I tried to figure out when Mr. With Hat and Mr. With Black Axe were released, but could not find any definitive info quickly.

I believe they were updates for Kemmler and Krell from late Fantasy (7th, 8th or End Times), but I could well be wrong. Does anyone know for sure?

EDIT: As far as I can tell, the Necromancer with Hat is from 2010, and the Wight King with Black Axe is newer than that.

I believe the Heinrich Kemmler model dates back to 1994, remember it coming out, and pretty sure it has never been updated.

The Krell model is much more recent, think it was from the last refresh of the range before the End Times, at the same time as the newer vampire lords, like the Von Carsteins.

Just now, Lazarine said:

I believe the Heinrich Kemmler model dates back to 1994, remember it coming out, and pretty sure it has never been updated.

The Krell model is much more recent, think it was from the last refresh of the range before the End Times, at the same time as the newer vampire lords, like the Von Carsteins.

The Kemmler model has definitely been updated, you can find pictures of an older metal model if you google it. I am fairly confident about the resin Kemmler model being released in 2010, because it first appears in the 2010 worldwide catalogue (along with an old Krell model).

2 minutes ago, Lazarine said:

Krell was after the Von Carsteins. They came with the last paperback VC book (7th Ed?). Krell and Isabella maybe came with the 8th Ed book?

1 minute ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

The Kemmler model has definitely been updated, you can find pictures of an older metal model if you google it. I am fairly confident about the resin Kemmler model being released in 2010, because it first appears in the 2010 worldwide catalogue (along with an old Krell model).

That current Kemmler model is old though. I’m pretty sure it was around when I started, I remember seeing it in some of my earlier WDs. Krell is much much more recent. 

7 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I think the resin one is exactly the same as 90s metal model, only the material changed. I remember his pictures from 5th ed Magic supplement, I'm positive it's the same Kemmler as the current one. There *was* an earlier sculpt before that, but it might've been from the late 80s.

9 minutes ago, Still-young said:

That current Kemmler model is old though. I’m pretty sure it was around when I started, I remember seeing it in some of my earlier WDs. Krell is much much more recent. 

1 minute ago, dekay said:

I think the resin one is exactly the same as 90s metal model, only the material changed. I remember his pictures from 5th ed Magic supplement, I'm positive it's the same Kemmler as the current one. There *was* an earlier sculpt before that, but it might've been from the late 80s.

It could always be possible that what I found is a re-issue of an older metal model in finecast. It would be great if anyone knew for sure.

2 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

It could always be possible that what I found is a re-issue of an older metal model in finecast. It would be great if anyone knew for sure.

I've done a quick research:

He first appeared in 1986, in Terror of the Lichemaster set:

http://solegends.com/citscenarios/lichemasterterror-01.htm - you can see his original model here.

Then he got resculpted circa 1995 to his current form.

http://solegends.org/citcat1998us/c1998usp213-01.htm

Both models side by side:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Random said:

GW's range is full of old minis that stuck around for some reason. I'm not saying its 100% the case, just that I'm leaning towards repackaging myself.

If they were plastic models maybe, but there is no chance they are repacking resin models, which is most of what is going to sold out. All those models are online only and come in plain white boxes already.

2 minutes ago, dekay said:

I've done a quick research:

He first appeared in 1986, in Terror of the Lichemaster set:

http://solegends.com/citscenarios/lichemasterterror-01.htm - you can see his original model here.

Then he got resculpted circa 1995 to his current form.

http://solegends.org/citcat1998us/c1998usp213-01.htm

Thank you! I have only been able to locate old catalogues and the Kemmler model has been missing from the 2008 and 2009 versions, but was available in the 2010 one.

It has seriously held up fairly well considering it's from 95. Retirement after 25 years is well deserved, though.

Honestly its a mark of how superior metal (and resins) was and are to plastics until very recently; that many metal sculpts still stand up very well in modern times. Skaven have a lot of classics and they are fantastic models even decades later. Sure there are some which show more a maturity and development in sculptor talent and also simply changes in design aesthetics and choices (which are not so much better nor worse just variation).

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Overread said:

Honestly its a mark of how superior metal (and resins) was and are to plastics until very recently; that many metal sculpts still stand up very well in modern times. Skaven have a lot of classics and they are fantastic models even decades later. Sure there are some which show more a maturity and development in sculptor talent and also simply changes in design aesthetics and choices (which are not so much better nor worse just variation).

I'd happily pay more for modern metal minis. I've seen what incredible detail can be etched into molds with lasers firsthand before. I still can't get used to how flimsy plastic minis feel, even after decades of playing...

• Like 2
  • Confused 2