The Rumour Thread

5 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

@Neverchosen That's a fantastic piece of warhammer art. Props to the artist. 

Are Bloodthirsters really that big compared to Keepers?

I think the size of Greater Daemons can be quite different from daemon to daemon. In Shattered Cruclible was a Great Unclean One with the size of a hundred feet hight. I don't think that every greater daemon is that large.

But looking at the weapons it is a lowranked Bloodthirster (Bloodthirster of Unfettered Fury)

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

smaller subtractive elements like what we've been seeing in BR so far are great for the lore, but I agree that major ones can hurt newer/newish IPs like AOS if they're too subtractive. The Necroquake felt like a good balance of both, though we probably could've gotten some more fiction specifically surrounding its effects...

Mostly following the logic of Morathi -> Teclis -> [probable elf]

It's probably likely that Be'Lakor and Alarielle will share a book, as we definitely need to hear more about what's happening in Ghyran/with Sylvaneth! Whatever happens with the books though, Gordrakk's siege of Excelsis is most likely going to be the end-event to BR.

My bet is on the BR books being concurrent events that lead up to the Siege of Excelsis. I'm just not sure if Slaanesh is going to escape before or after that :)

Also Be’lakor and Alarielle were rivals in the end times. Maybe we will find out now how Be’lakor escaped the ruby Alarielle trapped him in? Anyway, no love lost between those two. 

Will Sylvaneth get new Karnothi units along the lines of the new hero in Cursed City? Be’lakor will get a new warscroll for his new, bigger model. Will his daemon legion get an update too?

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

@Neverchosen That's a fantastic piece of warhammer art. Props to the artist. 

Are Bloodthirsters really that big compared to Keepers?

see below, but yes, they should be...

3 hours ago, Indecisive said:

You wouldn't know it looking at the ballerina-thirster they've got for sale

Oh yes, leaping kitty thirster.  Totally agree.

The only thing missing from that kit is a wicker basket with some flowers in it, and some nice meadow flowers and tall grasses for the base, and a nice tutu.

Now, the FW thirster.... that's a proper blood thirster.

I like the fact that FW have sculpted and them created the art from the sculpt, as opposed to create the art and then attempt to pull a sculpt from it, which doesn't always work as we have seen from the leaping kitty thirster.

38 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

The way I see it shw has attacked several times: Both Tails, A stab through the wing and pinning the BT

That's how I saw that art, she's using all of her weapons together to keep him pinned so she can deliver the killing blow.

For me the thirsters are always larger due to sheer brute strength and raw power, they're an embodiment of that after all, but where the keeper would miss out on size, she'd make up for in speed, cunning, tactics etc.  Bit like Bruce lee (alive obvs) vs the Rock.

2 hours ago, EMMachine said:

I think the size of Greater Daemons can be quite different from daemon to daemon. In Shattered Cruclible was a Great Unclean One with the size of a hundred feet hight. I don't think that every greater daemon is that large.

Ahh yes, care of Mr Les Edwards:

975865.jpg

ahhh... the golden age of chaos in 3rd edition fantasy... Realm of Chaos books - where you could generate Technology as a chaos gift for your chaos warriors... how we laughed as we marched across the field shooting the greenskins with heavy plasma cannons and bolt guns...

10 hours ago, KriticalKhan said:

This is literally the single worst part of AoS' lore. I do not care about Stormcast Eternals. I do not like Stormcast Eternals. Why should I, and every other faction in the game, be reminded of how great and awesome and important Stormcast Eternals are? They had their moment reclaiming the Realmgates. They can stay as elite shock troops for the forces of Order, but they don't have to (and really shouldn't) be the single deciding factor keeping the entirety of the setting from falling apart.

That formula has worked wonders for GW in 40k (financially, that is) so there is a good chance the heroic SCE narrative will be pushed even further in AoS, unfortunate as it is. Marinehammer 40k lieutenants is what drove me away from that game, I would hate to see it happen here as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Love the new Ogor sculpts and hoping going forward we start seeing these as updated Gutbusters. Perhaps with Destruction leading the 3.0 charge Mawtribes and Warclans will have a range revamp much like Gloomspite did. 

Of course along with these guys I'd love to see Grungnis Duardin turn up to battle the noise along with 2-3 new Fyreslayer units.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Love the new Ogor sculpts and hoping going forward we start seeing these as updated Gutbusters

Srsly: If all Ogres started to look as good as the Corspe Eater I'd be tempted to start my first Destruction army. (IN MY OPINION, at the moment the Ogres are just fat ugly hungry things with little to no character. This changes a lot with a Model improvement)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, EMMachine said:

Stormcast Eternals are literally the only faction that keeps Chaos and Death in check and gives order the chance to reclaim ground. Losing reforging would mean, we would be back at the situation between the age of Myth and age of Chaos, but without any chance of coming back because we don't have a working pantheon of Order.

Clearly not mate.

if it weren’t for the skaven keeping everybody under check, your stormcast and every other faction would have been long gone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Srsly: If all Ogres started to look as good as the Corspe Eater I'd be tempted to start my first Destruction army. (IN MY OPINION, at the moment the Ogres are just fat ugly hungry things with little to no character. This changes a lot with a Model improvement)

Yeah I loved the old Jes Godwin Ogre sculpts - still have a set of them- the bezerker, priest and shaman are excellent.

20 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Love the new Ogor sculpts and hoping going forward we start seeing these as updated Gutbusters. Perhaps with Destruction leading the 3.0 charge Mawtribes and Warclans will have a range revamp much like Gloomspite did. 

Of course along with these guys I'd love to see Grungnis Duardin turn up to battle the noise along with 2-3 new Fyreslayer units.

Yeah it made me think we could see some new varieties of Ogre- those look like older versions of Ogres - maybe what's in store for destruction in the future.

Hoping for some new Duardin myself in 3rd ed - Grungni showing up and I'd love some more Kharadron too after seeing that Trade Commodore released.

Plus I'm hoping for Kurnothi to finally make an appearance as a full faction after the Underworlds warband and the hero for Cursed City.

1 hour ago, SirSalabean said:

Results are in for the latest survey on price changes. They seem to support the idea that people are spending less on Warhammer and would spend more and potentially support GW more directly with lower prices 

Most consumer research in relation to pricing shows that people initially increase their spending, but then the spending equalizes at about the same rate after the emotional impact of the initial discounting subsides. Humans react to the idea of getting a deal, but their expectations very quickly realign with the new pricing scheme.

GW's pricing model is basically directly imported from other low utility, consumption based industries, where its difficult to increase demand, but easy to increase short term hype. You can see the change in their financials when they switched from low volume/large releases, to high volume/small releases somewhere around the last few years of the Kirby Era where it became about selling out every new release, every month, via trade and digital. The newest model is interesting, but tied to their much improved manufacturing where they have a high volume of releases, that have a ton of plastic content. I'm curious to see the impact in the financials a year out, and if they can keep it up without leaving lots of money in people's pockets from lack of supply.

1 hour ago, JackStreicher said:

If they all looked like Corpse Eater I would definitely start an Ogor Faction, update the Gutbusters, Ironguts and Ironblasters along with Gorgers and that's me set. 

1 hour ago, silverstu said:

Yeah I loved the old Jes Godwin Ogre sculpts - still have a set of them- the bezerker, priest and shaman are excellent.

Yeah it made me think we could see some new varieties of Ogre- those look like older versions of Ogres - maybe what's in store for destruction in the future.

Hoping for some new Duardin myself in 3rd ed - Grungni showing up and I'd love some more Kharadron too after seeing that Trade Commodore released.

Plus I'm hoping for Kurnothi to finally make an appearance as a full faction after the Underworlds warband and the hero for Cursed City.

Hopefully so!! New Ogors would help immensely with Destruction. With only 4 Factions, one of which is brand new so I'm not expecting any updates for that for a while (Mancrusher Underworlds model pleeeeease) and Gloomspite being semi recently updated, leaving Ogor Mawtribes and Orruk Warclans for an update. 

Orruks are most likely as the Realms are full of 'standard' Orruks so I could see them getting new models along with Ironjawz and Bonesplitters, leaving Ogor Mawtribes to be updated.

This is of course if they dont add a new Destruction Faction. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, whispersofblood said:

Most consumer research in relation to pricing shows that people initially increase their spending, but then the spending equalizes at about the same rate after the emotional impact of the initial discounting subsides. Humans react to the idea of getting a deal, but their expectations very quickly realign with the new pricing scheme.

GW's pricing model is basically directly imported from other low utility, consumption based industries, where its difficult to increase demand, but easy to increase short term hype. You can see the change in their financials when they switched from low volume/large releases, to high volume/small releases somewhere around the last few years of the Kirby Era where it became about selling out every new release, every month, via trade and digital. The newest model is interesting, but tied to their much improved manufacturing where they have a high volume of releases, that have a ton of plastic content. I'm curious to see the impact in the financials a year out, and if they can keep it up without leaving lots of money in people's pockets from lack of supply.

What would bother me is if it keeps increasing it will cause a lot more people to buy less I think 

14 minutes ago, SirSalabean said:

What would bother me is if it keeps increasing it will cause a lot more people to buy less I think 

It really underlines the importance of having a diverse product range, so that customers can self-select into their prefered spending habits and GW can maximize the the spending from each category of consumer via a product that that consumer optimally values. 

• Like 1