The Rumour Thread

I have to second that I'm not keen on everything there. Broad strokes are fine and feel like they're plausible based on what's been hinted but some of the specifics - Azyr in ruins, Belakor stealing Destruction's thunder, Stormcast not being eternal  - feel like they're blowing up a lot of the interesting tensions for the sake of drama. Like it's cashing all the chips at once. 

Having 'order' on the back foot and in disarray is cool, so is the ascendency of destruction, even Belakor getting a win at last, it just feels like it's not leaving much there afterwards.

The problem with Stormcast Eternals losing the abiltiy to be reforged would literally mean, kill order entirely (or even doom the Mortal Realms entirely)

Stormcast Eternals are literally the only faction that keeps Chaos and Death in check and gives order the chance to reclaim ground. Losing reforging would mean, we would be back at the situation between the age of Myth and age of Chaos, but without any chance of coming back because we don't have a working pantheon of Order.

Bringing the fight to Azyr would actually be less of a problem in comparison.

• Like 9

There where rumours not long ago about Malerion being dead. Maybe Be'lakor killed him during their fight and supplanted him. That would be a crazy plot twist, although I rather have old malekith alive and kicking. I find him more interesting than the First Demon Prince.

What Be´lakor reintroduction could do is elevating his Legion of Chaos Ascendant to battletome status. We want to bring armies of demons from different gods! With all those Start Collecting it would be as cool as -relatively- cheap. 

PD: The "rumour" about Malerion:

Perhaps the greatest question of all: where is the god of shadows? A hero of the Age of Myth, a key member of Sigmar’s holy pantheon, Malerion has vanished, seemingly without a trace! Turns out, it’s all a lie! Within the mists of darkest Ulgu, your brave reporter discovered a terrible secret – there might not even be a Male–

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/05/15/mysteries-of-the-mortal-realmsgw-homepage-post-1/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sandlemad said:

I have to second that I'm not keen on everything there. Broad strokes are fine and feel like they're plausible based on what's been hinted but some of the specifics - Azyr in ruins, Belakor stealing Destruction's thunder, Stormcast not being eternal  - feel like they're blowing up a lot of the interesting tensions for the sake of drama. Like it's cashing all the chips at once. 

Having 'order' on the back foot and in disarray is cool, so is the ascendency of destruction, even Belakor getting a win at last, it just feels like it's not leaving much there afterwards.

Well I just listed a few story arcs we know are ongoing or about to start (Siege of Excelsis, Alarielle's rebellion, Newborn vs Aelves, Duardrazhal and maybe Chorfs, etc.).

And as I explained, the Be'lakor plot is just speculation, maybe Be'lakor's goal, but not what will happen. And still it would be pretty cool in regard with his rivalry with Archaon, and would look something like THAT :P : 

But I personally hope the SCE are not weakened any further. I also never said Azyr would be in ruins. Just that the Anvil on the Sigmarabulum could be destroyed or damaged. 

Anyway, all that would completely break the existing balance of power, leading to new opportunities. What if, for example, Excelsis is never attacked because Skargrott, Grodrak, Orscillion and Sigvald almost destroy each other's army before the walls of the city ? Well, unlikely, but there are lot of "What if" and good opportunities for new story arcs after the Soul Wars. 

3 hours ago, King Under the Mountain said:

August
Malerion Alves released
Boxed set vs Lumineth

September 
Start of next Campaign Arc "War of the Aelves" 
War of the Aelves: Tyrion

October
Third wave of Lumineth

November
War of the Aelves: Alith Anar

December
Christmas themed Lumineth set
Fyreslayers get one new Model...looks the same as the other's

My prediction! : p 

Box set name already leaked AoS: A Plague of Aelves

...and you thought Nurgle and Skaven would bring that... *very angry bird-noises*

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Order was already on the back foot, chaos controls 97% of the realms, with near endless corrupted mortal armies(that the dark gods can bring back to life)  and who knows how many daemons . The cities are  constantly being besieged and destroyed.  Then Nagash come in with a near endless ghost army and  nearly unstoppable replicating  Ossiarch legions. Not counting the nearly incalculable number of other undead.  And now Destruction brakes into Azyr.  And now my stormcast eternal  are going extinct.  Sounds like GW is trying to turn Age of Sigmar into 40k 

Edited by xking
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, xking said:

Order was already on the back foot, chaos controls 97% of the realms, with near endless corrupted mortal armies and who knows how many daemons . The cities are  constantly being besieged and destroyed.  Then Nagash come in with a near endless ghost army and  nearly unstoppable replicating  Ossiarch legions. Not counting the nearly incalculable number of other undead.  And now Destruction brakes into Azyr.  And now my stormcast eternal  are going extinct.  Sounds like GW is trying to turn Age of Sigmar into 40k 

DEAD.jpg.387e78197849c8fe26f31d613a1bd45f.jpg

:PJust kidding. My friend @xking I am no rumormonger and I only posted what could be Belakor's plot in my mind.

I think the Realmgate Wars and the esthablishement of Free cities were GREAT victories for Order (per the StD battletome they regained at least 10% of the realms). The many alliances and treaties made with Fyreslayers, Sylvaneth, Kharadron Overlords and even some Idoneth Deepkin enclaves were victories too.

The Aelves gods (at least Teclis and Morathi) will keep the worst offensives of Nagash and Slaanesh in check. Even better if they find common cause with Stormcasts and the Free people.

After Archaon lost almost half his Arcways, the Eightpoints got breached twice recently : Katakros build a stronghold there and Morathi stole the biggest Varanite gisement, preventing the Gaunt Summoners to breach the Azyr archway. Then Archaon lost trace of Slaanesh.... Can he handle Be'lakor's rebellion ?

I think with the Lumineth making their play to counter the Soul Wars, and Destruction further weakening Death and Chaos, Order can hold his ground and even mount some counter offensives in many places ! If the Duardin stands united, if Malerion and Tyrion show off at some point, there are still a lot of hope for Order, even if some part of Azyr get attacked.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

WHQ Cursed Cities, end of March,

Yes please!

BR Teclis + Lumineth Battletome 2, April

I'd be happier if it were sooner, but this does feel correct.

BR Alarielle May/June : 

I'm less invested in this book (for the moment) but I still hope is comes on the earlier side of things.

First part : we'll see Alarielle and Gardus protecting Ghyran from Nagash, more precisely a Nighthaunt invasion (NH are getting a new Hero and didn't get rules in BR : Morathi or BR : Teclis). Then Alarielle will snap and turn on her allies. After a bloody war and few Cities getting destroyed, Sigmar himself manifests in Ghyran to parlay

I have a slightly different theory. I suspect Gardus will enter the story as Sigmar's diplomat to Allarielle. Though a fearsome warrior, Gardus has a simple honesty and humble demeanor that can cut through Allarielle's rage (at least in theory), and he and the Hallowed Knights have good history with the Sylvaneth that can be leveraged in talks. 

MEANWHILE IN AZYR : Be'lakor appears on the Sigmarabulum (the space station around Mallus) via Eshin Gnawholes (we know there are some already), and while Sigmar and the Sacrosancts Chambers are abroad, he wrecks the Anvil of the Apotheosis. The Stormcast becomes an endangered Species.

I'm fine with this being his plan, but I would be pretty upset if he succeeded. The fact that Stormcast can just keep coming back is what makes them such a credible threat, and more than just an elite faction of tough dudes in armor.

End : Gordrakk and Skargrot talks to their horde as the walls of Excelsis are in sight

So the book ends with: "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!"?  I could live with that :D (No context, just a hard cut from Azyr to that line!)

Then, AOS Third Edition (around August*) and new story arcs Destruction in ascendency with Excelsis besieged / destroyed, the Slaanesh Newborn warring with the Aelves, the Duardin on their way to be united again (but CHAOS DWARFS happens), Archaon losing his grip on Chaos because of Be'lakor**, Azyr***being breached by Destruction or by Be'lakor & Co., the Sigmarabulum destroyed, and FINALLY the Stormcast no longer Eternals !

The Siege of Excelsis is something I dearly hope to see, and I'm all for tearing the city down. Let it burn!

As for the Aelves vs the Newborn, that does seem pretty inevitable. I really wonder if whether or not we're going to see a major reshuffling of the Grand Alliances, possibly with one or more new ones being established? It would have to be handled well, but could be extremely interesting!

I'd love it if the Dorfs finally had their moment in the sun. I don't currently care for any of the factions, but Dwarves have always been a favorite fantasy race, and I hold out hope that we'll get a release that tickles my fancy. And even if we don't, they still deserve some love!

I'm not necessarily about Archaon loosing control of Chaos, but a civil war between Archaon and Be'lakor would be awesome! Chaos infighting for positions of power is a part of the lore, but this would be a great way to bring it front and center!

The possibility that the battle might be taken to Azyr is actually really exciting to me. I'd love to see Realm Rules for battles in the heavens! Just let my Stormy Boys remain Eternal.

• LOVE IT! 2

13 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

DEAD.jpg.387e78197849c8fe26f31d613a1bd45f.jpg

:PJust kidding. My friend @xking I am no rumormonger and I only posted what could be Belakor's plot in my mind.

I think the Realmgate Wars and the esthablishement of Free cities were GREAT victories for Order (per the StD battletome they regained at least 10% of the realms). The many alliances and treaties made with Fyreslayers, Sylvaneth, Kharadron Overlords and even some Idoneth Deepkin enclaves were victories too.

The Aelves gods (at least Teclis and Morathi) will keep the worst offensives of Nagash and Slaanesh in check. Even better if they find common cause with Stormcasts and the Free people.

After Archaon lost almost half his Arcways, the Eightpoints got breached twice recently : Katakros build a stronghold there and Morathi stole the biggest Varanite gisement, preventing the Gaunt Summoners to breach the Azyr archway. Then Archaon lost trace of Slaanesh.... Can he handle Be'lakor's rebellion ?

I think with the Lumineth making their play to counter the Soul Wars, and Destruction further weakening Death and Chaos, Order can hold his ground and even mount some counter offensives in many places ! If the Duardin stands united, if Malerion and Tyrion show off at some point, there are still a lot of hope for Order, even if some part of Azyr get attacked.  

Don't play these kinds of jokes with me, I almost quite the game.   You get a sad face for making me feel bad emotions

Edited by xking

5 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

All these predictions sound good but you're all forgetting one thing: it rests on a skaven achieving what the shadow bloke says! 

And who trusts skaven! When did they get anything right!?! 

All belakor needs to do is paste a cardboard cut out of the black pyramid on whatever he wants wrecked and it's as good as dead

• Haha 3

So here is the problem I have with the thought of Soulblight being released late year. The Cursed City is coming with war scrolls for all the models to be used in AoS. Which means all of this death stuff will be getting war scrolls. So either GW is going to just give them LoN keywords (which doesn't seem likely since we KNOW a Soulblight faction is coming), OR this will be a glimpse at what the new keywords / faction will be.  With the entire reveal of Cursed City on Saturday and the community article today saying that "it will be here before we know it", I suspect Cursed City comes out in March or April. If that assumption is correct then we will either have official confirmation of Soulblight Gravelords by then or we are going to get a good idea once we see the war scrolls for the Death units in Cursed City.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BaylorCorvette said:

So here is the problem I have with the thought of Soulblight being released late year. The Cursed City is coming with war scrolls for all the models to be used in AoS. Which means all of this death stuff will be getting war scrolls. So either GW is going to just give them LoN keywords (which doesn't seem likely since we KNOW a Soulblight faction is coming), OR this will be a glimpse at what the new keywords / faction will be.  With the entire reveal of Cursed City on Saturday and the community article today saying that "it will be here before we know it", I suspect Cursed City comes out in March or April. If that assumption is correct then we will either have official confirmation of Soulblight Gravelords by then or we are going to get a good idea once we see the war scrolls for the Death units in Cursed City.

I'd like to see that happen, with the Cursed City set becoming core units in the new "death"faction (whether LON2,  soulblight, deathrattle, or whatver they call it). 

BUT...this is GW were talking about. As we've seen with Underworlds/Warcry, sometimes is appears there is very little thought given to how warscrolls from the auxiliary games fit into AoS proper, and poor planning/communication between different projects/lines within the company resulting in missed opportunities for some truly great models/units. Underworlds especially feel like  the warscrolls are a last minute addition, there to to toss a bone to AOS players. When they could have been used to provide solid character and elite unit options to their whole range of AOS lines. On the same lines, the warscroll book with Cursed City, could be a simple stop-gap and provide basic AOS warscrolls, using the current batch of keywords. 

So I try not to get my hopes set too high, then I can be pleasantly surprised if GW does something awesome. 

• Like 5