The Rumour Thread

51 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I'm still in 2 minds wether or not it was a  Vampire. Judging by the size of the model, Belakor is absolutely huge, smaller than a Mega Gargant but still massive and I cant see him fitting into the dungeon to rescue him. 

I highly doubt the thing that saved Ven Brecht was Be'lakor. There's both the size issue as well the fact that it'd seem a little beneath Be'lakor to break into a prison personally just to rescue one Stormcast. Surely he'd send servants to handle something like that, right?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

So I've been really dissecting the new skeleton warriors models and I believe we are looking at the actual new and updated kit. 

If you pay close attention to the details there are only four bodies and then the banner holder and champion. 

I'm thinking that arms and legs will be interchangeable as well as sword or spear. 

Looking at these numbered pics you can see that #1 and #2 have the same body.82d82d2f-b64b-4b78-a584-32d062fd67c1.png.0499e61aa613c7b39f9cb806f8800441.png

#3 and #8 have the same body.

a68e887c-9ef7-42ad-9ff0-f4749d570e0a.png.b31bf44bcdda96c5384591558ed46edb.png

#5 and #6 have the same body.

And #4 and #7 have the same body. 

And then you have #9 and #10

62d7b805-0f7f-4b9e-b0ff-02b60b128b90.png.68704f8bbbe8df748c0a7b461ec59477.png

I'm then assuming that the heads will be interchangeable and BAM new skeleton warriors kit. 

There's also 10 of them. 

I may be wrong but I dont think so. 

And as a sidenote I think these blurry guys in the back are new grave guard. 😉

image.png.4e47d676beabde8b00774a3d0f3df637.png.37f3cbf29a9a4d054c8632cac931ecd7.png

Tin foil hat off. 

Blackstone Fortress was the same. There were two sprues for the enemies, and variation was done by swapping some heads and arms and stuff between models. The zombies are the same here too, there’s 5 bodies doubled with some bits swapped. Skeletons 9 and 10 also share the same body, looks like there’s a whole different front on the same back (the rear leg pose is identical). It doesn’t mean it’s a new kit, it’s how they do these board games. They’ll likely be big mixed sprues doubled with separate sprues for the unique stuff. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

Yeah I agree I even think the Warcry Legions of Nagash box might hint that they are keeping them around. Even though I assume that the Legion of Nagash title is retiring I doubt they would have just sold these models and then squat them a few months later... 

GW has done that multiple times in the past, and from a scummy business perspective, it makes perfect sense. Why wouldn't they try to move the remaining stock of something they're going to discontinue? The alternative is letting it sit in a warehouse and rot, or to through it in the garbage and not make any money off it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, KriticalKhan said:

GW has done that multiple times in the past, and from a scummy business perspective, it makes perfect sense. Why wouldn't they try to move the remaining stock of something they're going to discontinue? The alternative is letting it sit in a warehouse and rot, or to through it in the garbage and not make any money off it.

Like the mercenary rules for models, then the models were discontinued in 2-3 months. (yes I am still salty about the Duardin cannon disappearing).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

Like the mercenary rules for models, then the models were discontinued in 2-3 months. (yes I am still salty about the Duardin cannon disappearing).

I felt that was more of a "we are discounting these things so here are some rules if you own them" sort of deal? More of a last hurrah for their rules that kept them relevant before being squatted... but yeah it was still a scummy thing to do especially as I was excited to convert some Chaos Dwarves with cannons for my S2D army 😢

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I felt that was more of a "we are discounting these things so here are some rules if you own them" sort of deal? More of a last hurrah for their rules that kept them relevant before being squatted... but yeah it was still a scummy thing to do especially as I was excited to convert some Chaos Dwarves with cannons for my S2D army 😢

They'll be back with Old World

• LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, ShyishBarry said:

I highly doubt the thing that saved Ven Brecht was Be'lakor. There's both the size issue as well the fact that it'd seem a little beneath Be'lakor to break into a prison personally just to rescue one Stormcast. Surely he'd send servants to handle something like that, right?

Exactly. Plus his family history with Vampires leads me to believe it's one of them.

How do the Expansions work? I wasnt around for Silver Tower and dont really follow 40K besides news of Tyranids, so not much.

6 hours ago, mojojojo101 said:

Wasn't that 'rumour' based on the fact that they had briefly gone out of stock on the GW site? They were never out of stock on the UK site, they are now back in stock in the US.

No, according to the YouTube show it was based on logistic information. 
I would agree with you, to me does not make sense, on the other hand mixing them together would mean that vampires discovered from FEC how to escape control from Nagash and since they already share few models and those endless spells really could fit any death army it could potentially make sense done like Orruk Warclans.

Although I hope the two things stay distinct and no endless spells disappears in the foreseeable future (for how much I don’t use them, I have no grudge either).

• Like 1

On 2/20/2021 at 8:49 AM, pixieproxy said:

Warscroll book? For the game or AoS? :o

This is very interesting to me and I love it! But whenever Cursed City comes out, if we haven't gotten any Soulblight Gravelords information, then the warscrolls for the undead stuff in Cursed City will be a HUGE giveaway in terms of keywords and stuff and what to expect. So I ASSUME, once we get a date for Cursed City we can reasonably expect Soulblight Gravelords information / release not TOO far after.

• Like 2

I’d agree about the dying chaos warrior not being anything too wild. 

Background-wise, chaos forces really do kill other chaos forces all the time. You could look at it as a sacrifice, an example made of an underling, internal strife, whatever. Belakor’s still StD.

Thematically it’s something more interesting and most likely indicates (i) Belakor’s role as deceiver and possessor, and (ii) Belakor’s personal opposition to the Everchosen as greatest (mortal) champion of the dark gods, with this poor dead chap a symbolic stand-in for what he’d like to do to Archaon.

If you like we could also make the point that the emphasis this mode puts on his killing another chaos dude - I don’t think there’s actually many chaos models with other dead chaos folks on their bases - has faintly Malal-esque resonances but at that stage it’s a little bit in the eye of the beholder.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Now to loosely tie that into rumours I am curious if there is a chance that we will see Knights of Azyr or if like Blackstone fortress this is just a chance for GW to try out some concepts without committing.

I’ll be honest, I don’t think we see three new humans, only loosely referring to Azyr, in the middle of a potential plot twist with a huge Waaagh! trying to batter down Azyr gate and this is just coincidence...

On your second point, well then you can literally chose any army. Order is by far the biggest army available today :)

Good luck and enjoy!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

19 hours ago, Me-dude-sa said:

So, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the reason Be'Lakor is over the other chaos warrior's body is because he's going to become the AoS answer to Malal god of contradiction. This would also introduce an interesting wild card, faction/character that could make chaos  less of a monolithic faction that would often go after other chaos factions as hard as order factions

Also, hi long-time lurker, first time poster.

Stop. If you excite me like this I might burst!

6 hours ago, Dreddships said:

I wonder whether BR3 may include a small Chaos release?

Possibly just boxing up the Chaos Warriors and Knights from the SC set but also potentially a few 'undivided' daemons for Bel'Akor akin to Furies?

Maybe some larger fury-esque creature that was what rescued Van Brecht?

I’m also hoping for unaligned daemons, maybe a multipart kit for warriors and knights hopefully. Furies need a multipart kit also as they only have 3 poses. Another awesome rerelease would be an updated chaos lord on manticore because the old model is looking a little dated.

My theory for what Bel'akor might be up to with the Skaven is that hes going to try and destroy the Anvil of Apotheosis.

To destroy the impossible,’ said the winged monstrosity, rising from its shadowy throne. ‘And in doing so, to bring about the end of the eternal.’

Bringing about the end of the Eternal in Stormcast. This also plays into my theory for 3rd edition which i think might be based on the fall of Azyr and Sigmar fleeing Azyr.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, ShyishBarry said:

it'd be confusing to have multiple shadowy figures that sound the same running around, but yeah you are right it'd be weird for him to rescue stormcast

Edited by Indecisive

11 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Would have been more relevant if they hadn't removed the mercs entirely the year after their introduction.

• Like 2