The Rumour Thread

33 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

I was going to write exactly this. What if the eternal is his own eternal feud with Archaon and the next BR book will continue the legacy of legion of chaos ascendant with new and better rules? Hinting maybe even to a future expansion? Correct me if I’m wrong but Chaos Daemons is still playable in 40k and was an army in WHFB.

What best way to continue the broken realms saga with an open civil war in Chaos, maybe even a dent in the Varanspire?

A rumour that haven’t seen discussed here with all excitement from yesterday is from Tom in Warhammer weekly.

He mentioned that FEC endless spells are soon to be retired from the market, and this is interesting because he is utterly unexplainable. Unless FEC will be rebranded something else? What do you guys think? Could they be merged with Soulblight like Warclans?

Yes, daemons are a separate faction in their own right in 40k but aligned to a god in AoS.  Which kind of goes back to the old school way of doing things as I can't ever really see khorne daemons ever sitting snug  with slaanesh daemons however great the cause - mortals maybe but daemons... nah.

Admittedly I remember that in Slaves To Darkness: Lost and the Damned back in 3rd ed, khorne was the only faction that couldn't take allies - I loved that thematically as every faction knew that once the work was done the Khorne army would just turn straight on to them and kill them.

I'd actually like to see the beasts and slaves factions rolled into one book, or at the least beasts being able to be marked and therefore be part of a slaves or god aligned army (without a battalion) as they are so intrinsically linked into one another, obviously a khorne army couldn't get a bray shaman unless the bray shaman keyword changes to include priest rather than wizard.

As for your second point, yes, perhaps they're all going to get roped into a great narrative that for all intents and purposes gives us the vampire counts / warhammer armies undead back - hard to say really.  Unless the new faction will get a full set of reimagined endless spells or perhaps they're going off sale so they can be reboxed as Soulblight Gravelord endless spells?

Edited by Kaleb Daark
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

or the FEC will all get rolled in to the Soulblight gravelords effectively giving us the old vampire counts army of old.

I like the FEC being different from the Soulblights, a bit different identity and mechanics.

In general terms however, I don't expect many armies to roll into each other now almost everyone has their 2.0 book. In addition, FEC doesn't share many mechanics with the Legions of Nagash (Invocations & Summonable). To me, Soulblight Gravelords seems to be kind of Legions of Nagash 2.0, with Nagash being handled like he is in the Bonereapers book. Not having the keyword, but can be included in place of allies. 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I would love to see Sylvaneth and the Kurnothi expanded but after the Lumineth I'm personally hoping we take a break from Aelves for bit, Malerions Aelves I'm not expecting until late 2022. 

As someone who collects Idoneth and Lumineth I’d also like it if they focus on something else although I wouldn’t mind more Idoneth I’d argue Lumineth are now pretty complete and there are lots of armies that are dated or have half the model count. My wallets aching thinking about Lumineth wave 2 

• Like 2

I personally wouldn't like FEC and Gravelords combined. That's because FEC have really good lore which would be less significant if combined with normal vampires. I also feel like the esthetic of FEC ghouls is strong enough to stay independant faction and get ecpanded. Another thing is that, if Gravelords really do contain vamps, skeletons and zombies, the faction would almost feel too big and varied with ghouls added. Still, their endless spells disappearing (if that really is true) and zombie dragon kit giving options for both ghoul and vampire might be an indication

• Like 8
  • LOVE IT! 1

30 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

I'd actually like to see the beasts and slaves factions rolled into one book, or at the least beasts being able to be marked and therefore be part of a slaves or god aligned army (without a battalion) as they are so intrinsically linked into one another, obviously a khorne army couldn't get a bray shaman unless the bray shaman keyword changes to include priest rather than wizard.

I have said this multiple times but I would like the Cities of Sigmar 1/4 unit styled rules to be applied to Chaos to make the different armies feel more unique but also for the marks to still allow for stronger keyword synergies. The army can run any unit with the army Keyword so a Beast army can freely run Slaangors under a Tzaangor shaman or an undivided Shaggoth general. However if the general has a mark they can take 1/4 units from a god specific army*, so a Slaves to Darkness army lead by a Gaunt Summoner or a Beast Army lead by Tzaangor Shaman could have 1/4 units be from Disciples of Tzeentch. This will make undivided armies such as Beasts and Slaves to Darkness feel more like a collection of disparate worshippers that can alternatively lean towards specific Gods. I feel that all God Specific armies should be able to take 1/4 units from other tomes but only if they share the same mark as their Chosen God... e.g. Tzeentch could take Tzaangors and Tzeentch Marked Chaos Warriors. Furthermore I think that Beasts of Chaos should be Marked undivided and be able to run 1/4 Slaves to Darkness units and vice versa. I know I would buy at least one hero and a unit of Beasts and maybe one of each lesser Demon units to run with a rotating general, as it would give me some play variety and also feel thematic for a Slaves to Darkness army.

The reason I would want this change is because I feel lots of people are actually playing Beasts and Slaves to Darkness they are just not playing them as Beasts or Slaves to Darkness but simply as God Specific factions. I would hope this would create more incentive to play them as their own army and might actually encourage people to use God Specific units in these factions. It is sadly more limited than your idea as it would require your Beast General or Slaves to Darkness General into specific marks or unit types but I think it would make the Chaos armies more distinct while retaining the feeling of shared worship. Somewhat controversially, I would want Beasts to be locked to their specific marks as worshipping specific Gods is meant to be rare for Beasts, so I would want most to remain undivided. But I would only want this implemented after God specific beasts were rounded out to include at least a hero, a base unit and an elite option. So until that day I would give all Beasts the ability to take marks.

*For the purpose of a Ravagers army this will be based off of the starting General. As for characters such as Archaon with multiple marks this will be decided when they choose their mark for battle.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • LOVE IT! 2

36 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

I was going to write exactly this. What if the eternal is his own eternal feud with Archaon and the next BR book will continue the legacy of legion of chaos ascendant with new and better rules? Hinting maybe even to a future expansion? Correct me if I’m wrong but Chaos Daemons is still playable in 40k and was an army in WHFB.

What best way to continue the broken realms saga with an open civil war in Chaos, maybe even a dent in the Varanspire?

A rumour that haven’t seen discussed here with all excitement from yesterday is from Tom in Warhammer weekly.

He mentioned that FEC endless spells are soon to be retired from the market, and this is interesting because he is utterly unexplainable. Unless FEC will be rebranded something else? What do you guys think? Could they be merged with Soulblight like Warclans?

Wasn't that 'rumour' based on the fact that they had briefly gone out of stock on the GW site? They were never out of stock on the UK site, they are now back in stock in the US.

I can't see any sensible reason that FEC would be rolled into Soulblight and unless I've missed something I don't really think this rumour is anything worth thinking about.

2 minutes ago, GenericEdgyName said:

I personally wouldn't like FEC and Gravelords combined. That's because FEC have really good lore which would be less significant if combined with normal vampires. I also feel like the esthetic of FEC ghouls is strong enough to stay independant faction and get ecpanded. Another thing is that, if Gravelords really do contain vamps, skeletons and zombies, the faction would almost feel too big and varied with ghouls added. Still, their endless spells disappearing (if that really is true) and zombie dragon kit giving options for both ghoul and vampire might be an indication

or maybe... just maybe...

FEC lose the zombies with their big hands and just keep ghouls.

The zombies can go to the gravelords as animated undead and maybe some new unit types get injected into the FEC.  Wouldn't a ghoul dragon be cool,  or something similar.

I think the two will work separately really well if one is clearly alive and the other is er.... very dead. 

Can't imagine why they'd retire the FEC endless spells if they weren't planning on combining it with another army, my guess is definitely on an Orruk Warclans style book with an FEC and a vampire side where you have subfaction options to run one or both.

I'd be sad to see FEC go as a distinct faction since I think their lore is some of the coolest GW has ever put out, but I can't deny that model-wise it's a decision that makes a lot of sense.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alghero81 said:

With this definition you can just include almost every army in AoS 😂 

just make them from Shyish and use dark colours, Idoneth Mor’phann are dark, Anvils of Eldenhammer, any death army if you expand outside of order... you name it

Thanks, I am somewhat obstinate in creating my own colour scheme/lore, I always enjoy the personalization that this hobby creates. I feel like these examples will still serve as great aesthetic inspiration. As I stated I went with a red and white scheme for my Chaos Warriors (Red Armour with White Cloth). My idea is that they were crusaders that entered the Eightpoints to reclaim territories and relics only to convert to following Chaos and returning to Crusade but now against their former home. I am thinking of doing Black and bronze pirate KO army or Green and Black Lumineth... I had a small Idoneth force that I traded for 2000 pts of Ogors.  Sadly my Ogors do not work as a good contrast for my S2D as they are more patchwork in terms of design. So I am still looking for a good oppositional force for my Slaves To Darkness.

Now to loosely tie that into rumours I am curious if there is a chance that we will see Knights of Azyr or if like Blackstone fortress this is just a chance for GW to try out some concepts without committing. They would make the best opposing force for my army in terms of lore as they could be the ones that remained to protect their home and now have to face an overwhelming host of their former comrades. 

Edited by Neverchosen

If broken realms Morathi is any indication releases could go like this which is my hope...

1. BR Teclis and rest of Lumineth

2. Soulblight Gravelords release in between broken realms

3. Broken Realms Allarielle with Belakor 

4. Kurnothi or Slaves expansion in between books

5. Broken realms Malerion with first wave of Umbarneth

6. Another battletome in between this and last broken realms

7. Broken realms Tyrion with Tyrion and another wave of lumineth

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So I've been really dissecting the new skeleton warriors models and I believe we are looking at the actual new and updated kit. 

If you pay close attention to the details there are only four bodies and then the banner holder and champion. 

I'm thinking that arms and legs will be interchangeable as well as sword or spear. 

Looking at these numbered pics you can see that #1 and #2 have the same body.82d82d2f-b64b-4b78-a584-32d062fd67c1.png.0499e61aa613c7b39f9cb806f8800441.png

#3 and #8 have the same body.

a68e887c-9ef7-42ad-9ff0-f4749d570e0a.png.b31bf44bcdda96c5384591558ed46edb.png

#5 and #6 have the same body.

And #4 and #7 have the same body. 

And then you have #9 and #10

62d7b805-0f7f-4b9e-b0ff-02b60b128b90.png.68704f8bbbe8df748c0a7b461ec59477.png

I'm then assuming that the heads will be interchangeable and BAM new skeleton warriors kit. 

There's also 10 of them. 

I may be wrong but I dont think so. 

And as a sidenote I think these blurry guys in the back are new grave guard. 😉

image.png.4e47d676beabde8b00774a3d0f3df637.png.37f3cbf29a9a4d054c8632cac931ecd7.png

Tin foil hat off. 

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

Anyone up for some wild speculation?

Remeber the prophecy from that short story a few weeks back?

The gate will shatter! The earth will tear! The sky shall eat the storm, and the serpent’s tide will rise! The Changer’s riddle is born anew by the splitting mirror of the Dark Prince!

Since we got confirmation of Belakor, I think it's safe to assume he's the Dark Prince. Let's take a look at his short story, too. What is he planning?

‘To destroy the impossible,’ said the winged monstrosity, rising from its shadowy throne. ‘And in doing so, to bring about the end of the eternal.’

So could it be that he's planning to destroy some kind of important mirror? I found this on a wiki, about a guy named Sanasay Bayla:

In the Age of Myth, Sanasay dwelt with his wife and children in the city of Andamar in the Realm of Ghyran and there was acclaimed as the finest thinker in the realm as well as the powerful mage. However despite his renown; happy family life and unmatched powers he grew restless, wanting a challenge and to find his true purpose in life. He sought the advice of the god, Teclis the Wise who impressed with his skills, set him on the path to find his way to Realm's End, a place of purest magic where he could gain untold knowledge and eternal life, but he also warned him that his quest may not bring him the satisfaction he sought.

He travelled to the Iron Temples to Grungni in the Realm of Chamon’s Ferron Vale and to the gates of where he sought where he was confronted by Afrener the guardian of the gate, the wolf at the door - a massive beast that only Death could kill. He finally was forced to plead a favour from Nagash himself who granted his wish in exchange for 500 years’ service upon his inevitable death. Finally he reached the object of his quest and found a daemon of Tzeentch waiting, although he did not at first recognise such a mythical creature.

Following a confrontation with that entity he returned home to his family but also warned the Pantheon that Chaos was now encroaching on the Mortal Realms and he created a potent magical artefact, the Mirror of Bayla for them to scry any location in the realms.

Apparently that mirror is a defense against Tzeentch (somehow). It all seems to fit pretty well. Sanasay Bayla was apparently referenced in a recent Soulbound book, so it's not too bad of a pull.

What do you think, did I crack the code?

EDIT: Apparently the mirror is located in the Courts of the Gods on Mount Celestian now:

Court of the Gods

At the centre of the city were temples and at their centre a tower of blue light- at its summit was the Court of the Gods, a colonnaded space from whose vantage all the Mortal Realms could be seen.

Thrones fit for the gods ringed it – bone for Nagash, white marble for Tyrion, silver for Teclis, dark stone for Malerion, fire-hued amber for Grimnir and rustless steel for his brother, Grungni. Alarielle's was of pale heartwood rooted in the stone, while Sigmar’s own gleamed golden. The thrones looked inward to the legendary Mirror of Bayla.

It was left deserted towards the end of the Age of Myth as the gods went their own ways and remained unused for millennia. After Sigmar had launched the new war against Chaos in the Age of Sigmar and his stormcast had found and awakened the goddess of life, he asked Alarielle to join him there once again to discuss matters beyond the war.

Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep
  • Like 2

I don't necessarily think we'll get updated Skeletons/Grave Guard as the kits, especially the latter, haven't aged 'that' poorly.

They may do something similar to Dispossessed and Warriors/Longbeards where the 'generic skeleton' kit is discontinued and we only have Grave Guard as our stock skeleton unit despite previously being the elite version.

22 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Did I miss something? What's with the talk of FEC losing there spells? 

Shame if so. Those are some of my fav spell sculpts out there. I really dont care for most of them. 

Don't think there's much behind it, the Spells are still on the website and I don't see any evidence that they are going away.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I don't necessarily think we'll get updated Skeletons/Grave Guard as the kits, especially the latter, haven't aged 'that' poorly.

They may do something similar to Dispossessed and Warriors/Longbeards where the 'generic skeleton' kit is discontinued and we only have Grave Guard as our stock skeleton unit despite previously being the elite version.

Yeah I agree I even think the Warcry Legions of Nagash box might hint that they are keeping them around. Even though I assume that the Legion of Nagash title is retiring I doubt they would have just sold these models and then squat them a few months later... 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, eciu said:

So wasn't the Balekor the guy who rescued that Stormcast hero from the hand of Morathi supporters ? (in order to let Sigmar know about Morathi betrayal?) 

I'm still in 2 minds wether or not it was a  Vampire. Judging by the size of the model, Belakor is absolutely huge, smaller than a Mega Gargant but still massive and I cant see him fitting into the dungeon to rescue him. 

2 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Since we got confirmation of Belakor, I think it's safe to assume he's the Dark Prince. Let's take a look at his short story, too. What is he planning

Interesting is that there was also a mirror involved in the latest Broken Realms story.... (mirror+Belakor)