The Rumour Thread

I don’t think the main vampire is an ogre. Chap said he was but I suspect that’s just an error. He’s a big dude but he’s not that big. No gut, regular jaw, etc. 

Incidentally is there still a large and bestial foot that doesn’t seem to have cropped up yet? Could be soulblight still.

Otherwise great preview! Not much I can say that hasn’t already been said. Particularly impressed with Lumineth, they’ve really recovered from the questionable choices of earlier.

What’s most exciting though is a cheap starter for WHU. That is a fantastic idea and I can see myself getting two or more as birthday presents for non-tabletop gamer folks.

• Thanks 1

So it seems that the third Broken Realms book will be about Bel'lakor.

From the warhammer community article:
It’s not just the undead who oppose the Mortal Realms’ heroes, though – something daemonic is also on the way…
We’re not going to give away too much right now, except to say that this is all tied in with the princely third book in the Broken Realms saga.

• Like 1

Just now, chosen_of_khaine said:

GW has said since day 1 that Broken Realms will focus on the aelven pantheon, the third book is 99% going to be Alarielle.

Be'Lakor will be involved for sure, but the third book is Broken Realms: Alarielle

We don't know this for certain, nothing has been confirmed yet. The third book could be Belakor while the fourth could be Alarielle.

So there’s five districts on the Ulfenkarn map still untouched.

- The Ven Alten Skydocks, which is the family name of one of the heroes and his three vamp cousins.

- Hangman’s Copse which is described as a bat-infested former Sylvaneth Embassy.

- The Shadowed Crypt-halls where haunting music and screams are echoing out of the vaults.

- The Clot which is home to carrion horrors, which seems to reference FEC. 

- The Gheistgale which is home to the spectral dead. So Nighthaunt. 

Could these be the basis for the expansions? Or are they perhaps  just generic areas you have to pass through in the core box?

image.jpeg.8ec51d3c516303d0f6683ce8c16eb18e.jpeg

Edited by NotAWzrd
  • Like 1

Remember the people who thought it's gonna be Malerion and not Be'lakor?  Ha.

But boy oh boy, that boxset is gonna be hard to ignore. I usually dont buy the special games, but the Cursed City is bursting with top tier stuff.  Overall a pretty great preview party. I seem to be the only one who didn't particularly like the Wight King update, as it's aesthetic is a bit too Oldhammer for me and its "just" a Skeleton Knight. But I do get the nostalgia hype for a model like that.

And I wish the Nighthaunt would get more than just bedsheets with different faces... There's so much GW could do with spectres and ghosts, but we're stuck with bedsheets it seems. But those Lumineth previews make me second guess not collecting them...

People are already spekulating about Be'lakors alignment inside Chaos due to the dead Chaos Warrior at his feet, and believe he's not gonna be part of them. It'd be interesting to see what they're gonna do with him.

27 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Looking at I don’t think it’s clear at all. He’s tall, a hulking character, but I think he’s got none of an ogre’s body shape or proportions. Nor is his quoted text on the cursed city website anything like that of ogre quotes in AoS.

Picking teeth clean with bones seems pretty ogre. Plus I could see him having become more intelligent being a vampire. 

32 minutes ago, Random said:

I seem to be the only one who didn't particularly like the Wight King update, as it's aesthetic is a bit too Oldhammer for me and its "just" a Skeleton Knight. But I do get the nostalgia hype for a model like that.

While the Wight King is not the most exciting model in the world, it's a huge relief for LoN players. For a while, the future of LoN looked pretty uncertain. With the release of OBR and then the leak of Soulblight, people were wondering if the skeleton models would be phased out or left behind in LoN. This new Wight King assures us the skeleton horde is going to stick around, and that it will have a place in Soulblight. Not only that, it's considered important enough to get updated models. Remember, even a few months ago some people were saying that there is no chance that old (Warhammer Fantasy) armies would get new models or updates. That they would all eventually be replaced by less generic armies in an effort to increase IP protectability. The new Wight King handily refutes all that, which is just so comforting for people with LoN armies, specifically skeleton heavy ones.

Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep
  • Like 7

@Neil Arthur Hotep My worries about such things were ecstatically put to rest for sure.

Those skellies are in 10 so I'm thinking we may be seeing an updated skeleton warriors kit to which I'm absolutely excited about. I'm thinking the current black knights kit is here to stay though. It's still a great kit even if the nighthaunt side doesnt match up to their new design. 

Very excited for Gravelords!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Hey Chaos, needs something to corrupt and effete snobby Aelves make easy targets for the Dark Powers.

But honestly I am just looking for something to work as an oppositional force for my Slaves to Darkness. I started a cheap and small BCR army but I kinda want a Good, Bad and Ugly thing with my collection. I went with a red and white scheme for my Chaos Warriors and would like to contrast it with a Dark Coloured Order army... or if Malerion's forces fit my tastes I will give them a really bright and heroic scheme to contrast their likely sinister aesthetic. I really love Duardin and have been thinking about KO with a pirate theme but that goes beyond my hobby skills. I do think it is interesting that so much of Chaos is playing into the feelings of marginalization and feeling of belonging in opposition to the forces of order and hegemony... but for Aelves they are typically like, "yeah I am bored and up for some demon fun"

Just don't use green or you'll have Christmas Warriors... at least that would explain why they do no damage, they simply want to to share the spirit of Christmas Slaaneshmas with everyone. 

With Light Aelves having got so much now, I'm sorry, but I think it will take quite some time until Malerion's stuff will be on the horizon (Malerion would interest me as well - don't think I'd collect them but back in old WHFB the dark half was WAY more interesting to me as well). I could very well be wrong, it's just a feeling in my gut but I take it that they'll actually commit to a totally different force after Gravelords. Maybe Seraphon or CoS. The new WHQ has some awesome Sigmarites in there, they might want to work on that base. And I also believe that some of the small factions might get new kits, likely Sylvaneth if BR is about Alarielle. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Just don't use green or you'll have Christmas Warriors... at least that would explain why they do no damage, they simply want to to share the spirit of Christmas Slaaneshmas with everyone. 

With Light Aelves having got so much now, I'm sorry, but I think it will take quite some time until Malerion's stuff will be on the horizon (Malerion would interest me as well - don't think I'd collect them but back in old WHFB the dark half was WAY more interesting to me as well). I could very well be wrong, it's just a feeling in my gut but I take it that they'll actually commit to a totally different force after Gravelords. Maybe Seraphon or CoS. The new WHQ has some awesome Sigmarites in there, they might want to work on that base. And I also believe that some of the small factions might get new kits, likely Sylvaneth if BR is about Alarielle. 

Hahaha, I often jokingly refer to them as my Satan Claws Warriors. Although my friends like to refer to them with their best Python voices as the Spanish Inquisition.

I am hoping that the Broken Realms stories set up Malerion but I am not expecting him or his forces to be released. I know I could be wrong but I feel like this edition was focused largely on Death and Aelves and I expect next edition to renew focus on Azyr with an emphasis on Duardin, Humans, and Destruction. I hope that if Duardin do get renewed focus that it will lead to some Skaven love. If that Knight of Azyr is any indication my love of aelves will soon be replaced by some virtuous paladins. I want dwarves but one of my friends exclusively plays Dwarves and has kind of laid claim to them... I am still contemplating that KO Battleforce but I would want to replace their heads with Fyreslayers* and give them skull and cross bone motifs. Luckily for me  I have Ogors to keep me busy and will have Be'lakor to look forward to.

*Although, this might be too cost prohibitive during COVID and I would just use their regular heads. 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jonathon Bentley said:

Is there any indication as to the release dates for the preview today. Thought all the models looked superb. 

Well we are due to go back to weekly releases in March as GW said it would only be Jan and Feb. With that in mind and releases typically going back and forth I’m thinking next release is the seraphon warband start of match maybe alongside the BR Teclis book and boxes, then the third week of March maybe being the Lumineth releases 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, SirSalabean said:

Well we are due to go back to weekly releases in March as GW said it would only be Jan and Feb. With that in mind and releases typically going back and forth I’m thinking next release is the seraphon warband start of match maybe alongside the BR Teclis book and boxes, then the third week of March maybe being the Lumineth releases 

BR teclis has all the new warscrolls though. We know that next week the new Kill team box will be on the preorder so the first week is Warhammer40k Then I guess a Warcry warband and BR Teclis themed boxes (like the bloodsurf hunt, brechts patrol etc.) but no Lumineth range then Drukhari codex (confirmed they are coming in march by the FB comment) and the last weeek of march full Lumineth release would be my guess. 

I'm sticking with my guns on the Be'Lakor reveal.  I think he's working with Malerion.   Other than the shadow tropes i've got nothing to base that on, but i'd just really like it.

I'll say again, they've factually said that Malerion has been working with shadow daemons in a community article.  Be'lakor hates the gods as much as he hates everyone else, so making alliances with hateful, deception driven aelves and then destroying them later would befit his scheming.

28 minutes ago, Feii said:

BR teclis has all the new warscrolls though. We know that next week the new Kill team box will be on the preorder so the first week is Warhammer40k Then I guess a Warcry warband and BR Teclis themed boxes (like the bloodsurf hunt, brechts patrol etc.) but no Lumineth range then Drukhari codex (confirmed they are coming in march by the FB comment) and the last weeek of march full Lumineth release would be my guess. 

That’s along the lines of where I’m thinking as the turn around from full reveal to release is about a month and a bit. At least with slaanesh 

Well that was fantastic! What a brilliant bunch of reveals! 

Cursed City looks amazing! Did not disappoint at all in fact exceeded expectations! The Vargulf critter.. undead ogres.. ogre vampire... and the heroes... Amazing sculpts! Really impressed with all the heroes - the mage and the the priestess are so so good and the ogre is a brilliant surprise. The Kharadron surprised me the most - I wasn't expecting much from him but he is so good- brilliant pose, full of character and the beard rebreather is really great -bodes well for a possible update to my favourite faction in the future. Hoping this gets released soon - I imagine March [perfect birthday present to myself if thats the case...].

Belakor is coming then... looks huge and from the snippets takes the original sculpt up to 11.. how he fits with Alarielle will be investing... 

And very tempted to pick up that Wight King to go with my Black Knights...