The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

Which units do you mean? As far as I know none of the Blackstone Fortress models where releases separately, sure they got rules so you could use them but so separate release as far as I know

I might have miss-remembered on the several, but I know for certain these guys appeared fist in Blackstone

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Blackstone-Fortress-Cultists-of-The-Abyss-2019

That said Blackstone has non-standard enemies with the Fortress defenders. AoS is appearing to have more "normal" heroes and characters/creatures for existing armies (or soon to be armies)

2 minutes ago, Overread said:

I might have miss-remembered on the several, but I know for certain these guys appeared fist in Blackstone

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Blackstone-Fortress-Cultists-of-The-Abyss-2019

That said Blackstone has non-standard enemies with the Fortress defenders. AoS is appearing to have more "normal" heroes and characters/creatures for existing armies (or soon to be armies)

Those are an expansion pack not from the core box

Edited by Matrindur

1 minute ago, pixieproxy said:

Bela'kor! Sad not much Soulblight but it honestly seems like everything/most things in the Cursed city villains will be in the army anyway sooooo?

There is at least the Vampire and the Wight King also for the SBGL release.

The Cursed City book contains warscrolls for each of the new units, so it's going to likely end up with as a fairly sizeable army at launch

Well I am really pleased with this Reveal Show. It finally deserves it's name (GW listened and made it better).

Anyways, my take-aways:
- The LRL look amazing. Cool Terrain, I love them (yet, I really can't buy a second army). The only negative about this is the new Battletome... this feels like such a ripoff.
- Ulfencarn: Love it. The new Varghulf is my favourite, the new female human hero ist my least favourite (looks really, really bland imo)
- New Bela'kor ❤️ oh well my wallet will hate me once he drops and once:
- New Soulblight TAKE MY MONEY ALREAY 

• Like 1

Damm, that last one... the one and only demon prince is back.

Lumineth finally look like a proper army. A really big and gorgeous one. (One could even say they are the chosen sons ;).)

Soulblight will come and so far everything seen looks spot on.

Starting with the cursed city which looks jaw dropping and marvelous. So good in fact, I look forward to the expansions Blackrock Fortress style. That Kurnothi, that ogre, that mage... that... everything. =D

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thoughts and Feelings: I entered this not expecting much and I am blown away by literally everything shown. If there is any take away it is that I am buying Be'Lakor!

Lumineth: They look even better than I expected but also were not quite what I was expecting proving the general rule of Lumineth. Amazing models that are both familiar yet strange. I think that they would make a great oppositional binary for my S2D but they are also a pricey option for me… but I love that named character. Might be my favourite model from the range and I was unbelievably excited for the blademasters. I would run a Loremaster in a heart beat I love these style of wandering characters. The Banner-bearer & dual characters are not my cup of tea, as they look so delicate that I wouldn’t be willing to touch them, but they are really cool models. The terrain piece is stunning! Foxy is still a stone cold Fox! Overall it was a great reveal.

Heroes: Who knew something so abject could be so pretty? Nighthaunt still tempt this non-death player to Nagash.
SCE Hero 3 point landing lol. Dope model and an Instant General for any Stormcast army that wants a superhero leader.
 Wight Lord is a great reveal and it helps clear up that Soulblight will not be pure Vampires and likely an update to LoN. Best reveal for that alone!

Underworlds: Not a big fan of Bonesplitterz, but I really like the Mage and Wolverine. I feel like the one with the scaled outfit makes it feel less like a stereotype of hunter gatherer cultures and more like an earlier pulp era hominid that fought against dinosaurs which I really hope is the direction they take the range. Maybe they can take a note from Genndy Tartakovsky's Primal (the best but most violent and depressing show on television).

Quest!: So I do not plan on purchasing this set as my cousin plays all things Death and he has put a claim on this set. With that said oh my god those heroes, those villains, those troops! Everything in this is amazing! I want an army with that female heroes aesthetic. Like I literally will sit out several armies if we get Knights of Azyr! Imagine that was the update or reimagining for Brettonians or our version of Sisters of Battle!!! The Ogre is likely going to become the Tyrant for my Ogors if they ever sell him separately. Creepy necromancer hero is really dope his holy friend is less impressive but if she were the mage for a Knights of Azyr army I would easily forgive her.

NEW BATSWARMS! I feel my cousin will be upset after investing so much in the old Thriller zombies! The Vampire/Wolf aesthetic has a great Bram Stoker. That Vargulf makes me lean towards FEC over Nighthaunt as that is an insane model.

BE'LAKOR: YES!!! I have been waiting for a new release!!! I am @KingBrodd levels excited for this! I was worried about waiting as the Resin kit is beautiful but this seems like a faithful update and proportionally much bigger.

Overall: I loved pretty much everything and there was more new stuff than I expected. Obviously, I am getting Be'Lakor and ruining him with my terrible paint skills! I will not get Underworlds but I will play the hell out of it with my cousin and I look forward to seeing him field those beautiful models. I am especially excited that he will get some werewolves as he has been desperately trying to look for third party werewolves as he is clearly making a Hammer Horror Legions of Nagash army. I have also been on the fence about Lumineth this whole time as I have been waiting for their Emo cousins but this is maybe to much for me... until I saw the hint of Knights of Azyr!💖 

The Once Chosen shall lead the forces of the Neverchosen!

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 2

Hands down the greatest preview GW have ever done. Absolutely everything looks absolutely fantastic!

Eastern themed Vampires? Undead Russian Ogors?! Vampire Ogor?! Free-guild Generals?! A Death Mage?! Bat and Rat swarms?! Literally everything is amazing and I'm going to just list everything at this rate.

Definitely using that Russian style hero for a Vostroyan Officer. Oh and that Varghulf. And Wight King!!

Gravelords already have plenty of new stuff, who knows what else we may get!

The Lumineth also look outstanding. 

Also I love that they reference the Kislev aesthetic. If we do get Fantasy/AoS scale models for TOW, it will be really, REALLY sweet to have regular Kislev humans mixed with these Eastern style Vampires.

I believe we also still haven't solved the rumour engine of the Vampiric arm holding the 2h sword?

Edited by Black_Templar_Lad
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1