The Rumour Thread

20 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

It wont be an elephant. it will have eagle claws and duck feet and a 36" reach, mortal wound causing squid trunk. 😝

I'd really feel for Slaves players if Lommies recieved a war elephant before them, like damn, straight slap to the face!! 🤣 

Who am I kidding though, that wont be till wave 7 of Loomies. 😁

Heh, in all seriousness though they do have some fantastic sculpts.

So excited for tomorrow!!! I've even been preplanning a paint scheme for the new bonesplitterz. 20210215_234248.jpg.a0af452f2c5f28b4ce077a46ede41f50.jpg

Going with a "they tattoo themselves all black and less bright colors" scheme. Cant wait to get them under the brush!!👍

This paint scheme reminds me of Hollywood voodoo and I LOVE IT!!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

54 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

It wont be an elephant. it will have eagle claws and duck feet and a 36" reach, mortal wound causing squid trunk. 😝

I'd really feel for Slaves players if Lommies recieved a war elephant before them, like damn, straight slap to the face!! 🤣 

So excited for tomorrow!!! I've even been preplanning a paint scheme for the new bonesplitterz. 20210215_234248.jpg.a0af452f2c5f28b4ce077a46ede41f50.jpg

Going with a "they tattoo themselves all black and less bright colors" scheme. Cant wait to get them under the brush!!👍

Woah ! I never was interested by any orruks army because they're not really my playstyle and they don't quite fit the kind or army I like aesthetically... But damn this paint scheme just created an alternate reality where I might start collecting some orruks ! :)

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

We might see an elephant-type of creature for the River Temple if the article in new WD is an indication : ) 

EFA97E1E-7E39-420E-9758-2E44BC0BCA85.jpeg

I know everyone is predicting Elephants or Rhino for the cool factor, but I really want it to be Giant Tapirs as the pachyderm. There is a joke my ex-mormon friend introduced me to where to justify the presence of horses in their religious texts (which were not yet introduced by explorers), some translate "Horse" as Tapir. So just imagining Jesus riding a tapir around gives me a good laugh. For the sake of r/horse, please give Tapir cavalry.

Also tapirs are aquatic which fits the river theme.

Edited by dirkdragonslayer

4 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

If they do that I will loose all my rent money!

I would love to see how they incorporate those cool spirit masks  onto an Elephant. I am also realizing that the big thing holding me back from Lumineth is that their spirit animals will become Pokémon to me and I will have to 'catch 'em all' 

I bloody love Elephants and have always wanted an Anthropomorphic Animal in some capacity, not to the length of the Sons *Praise be to Behemat* so Elephant type monsters would be awesome. 

34 minutes ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

I know everyone is predicting Elephants or Rhino for the cool factor, but I really want it to be Giant Tapirs as the pachyderm. There is a joke my ex-mormon friend introduced me to where to justify the presence of horses in their religious texts (which were not yet introduced by explorers), some translate "Horse" as Tapir. So just imagining Jesus riding a tapir around gives me a good laugh. For the sake of r/horse, please give Tapir cavalry.

Also tapirs are aquatic which fits the river theme.

Tapirs would actually be such a good twist!!

I’m just throwing this small nugget of information out there, Tapirs have prehensile Pensis, and they err on the side pf enormous . A fact I discovered when visiting Amsterdam Zoo a few years back.  Truly one of the most bizarre appendages in the animal kingdom. And for this reason I cannot back Tapir cavalry and I’m putting my lot behind the true water horse, The Hippopotamus.   

Less than 24hrs for some Warhammer goodness, especially undead goodness, I’m more hyped to see it than tonights episode of Wanda Vision - and thats saying something.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

15 minutes ago, SirSalabean said:

Right do whats everyone’s predictions and hopes for tomorrow? My guess is a lot more Soulblight than I thought. My hopes are the Lumineth line up for their release but I’m scared they won’t get much shown 

My predictions:

Rest of the Lumineth revealed in full.

Gardus Steelsoul - probably an event-exclusive or something, might be a boxset like Blacktalon was but that seems unlikely if 3.0 is close.

Most of the Cursed City stuff, or at least a good chunk of it  depending on if it's release is sooner or later. I think we'll mostly see the generic Mooks and the Heroes/Bosses will be saved for the weekly Community articles.

Full reveal of the Savage Orc warband for Underworlds and one of the Ossiarch models.

Tease of Soulblight, a few models - maybe a couple of Heroes and a unit - but the vast majority will get 'silhouetted' at best.

My hopes:

Full reveals of everything I just listed above.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

My predictions:

Gardus Steelsoul - probably an event-exclusive or something, might be a boxset like Blacktalon was but that seems unlikely if 3.0 is close.

Most of the Cursed City stuff, or at least a good chunk of the Villains and some of the Heroes - will depend on if it's release is sooner or later.

Full reveal of the Savage Orc warband for Underworlds and one of the Ossiarch models.

Tease of Soulblight, a few models - maybe a couple of Heroes and a unit - but the vast majority will get 'silhouetted' at best.

My hopes:

I think your prediction is spot on. I‘d like to add the grain of salt by saying:

The majority of shown models will be silhouettes :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JackStreicher said:

I think your prediction is spot on. I‘d like to add the grain of salt by saying:

The majority of shown models will be silhouettes :D

The Preview is hour of Adam talking about how the studio have outdone themselves and how he can't wait to paint them, whilst the models in question just have a UV glare burning into them and obscuring a clear/good shot for the duration.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, SirSalabean said:

Right do whats everyone’s predictions and hopes for tomorrow? My guess is a lot more Soulblight than I thought. My hopes are the Lumineth line up for their release but I’m scared they won’t get much shown 

My hopes:

-More Cursed City minis

-new Bloodknights

-Official Soulblight Gravelords announcement WITH some actual pics (not just shadows/silhouttes)

My prediction:

-a lot of stuff for Lumineth

-some Cused City minis

-a teaser for Gravelords with some vague silhouttes etc.

I try to keep my expectations low so that I don't set myself up for disappointment. But if we do see some Gravelord minis it will be all the sweeter!

18 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

My predictions:

Most of the Cursed City stuff, or at least a good chunk of the Villains and some of the Heroes - will depend on if it's release is sooner or later.

My hopes:

I think you're probably correct. However, I'll keep my fingers crossed for as much Vampire content as possible!

My Predictions

We are going to see lots of cool stuff!

My Hopes

I get chance to watch and my wife and son allow me the hour to watch without too many distractions.

Seriously, I think we will have a bit of a recap on LRLs, more Cursed City and the Soulblight stuff. I’m hoping we see some teasers for later this year as I’m hoping for a new edition but depends on how many broken realm books we are getting

Can we assume that all the silhouette they showed each day this week will be fully previewed? If yes we should get the following:

Warhammer underworlds

The bonesplitterz video showing all of their models (as the underwolrds article said they would do and probably the 3rd silhouette)

Warhammer quest

Judging by the trailer, we should get at least the vapire guy in the last banner, the "final boss" with the wolf head and the stormcast-like mage.  The image from tomorrow (stormcast) could end being a hero here. Otherwise it should be a limited model for black library or some aniversary or something.

Age of Sigmar

Assuming the 2nd silhouette (with the skull) and the one we got today are for the soulblight gravelords, we probably will get their official reveal.

Other than that, I woul expect they to actually show all the remaining lumineth models or most of them.

I do wonder if we are going to get 4 themed boxes for the broken realms teclis like they did to Morathi + a dual box like the shadow and pain. For the broken realms it should be a box for Ossiarch, Nurgle, Flesh-eater and Cities. The dual box could be anything, but a Lumineth or Soulblight against each other or against another faction with a new hero/new sculpt would be what I expect.

4 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

Awesome Idea!

• Thanks 1

I believe we will see;

Underworlds: Full Bonesplitterz reveal and unveiling of the Axe wielding Ossiarch.

Cursed City: The Wolf and perhaps another 2 or 3 heroes alongside the Deadwalkers and a few other 'units'.

AOS: Stormcast hero, full Lumieneth unveiling and teaser for Soulblight with a mini shown off and the rest silhouetted. Broken Realms Teclis shown off more.

Hopes: New Mancrusher for Underworlds.

Some additional information from the new WD. if finishes the timeline of the Mortal Realms with short summaries of the main events in the Age of Sigmar and the very last one is about Broken Realms:

B257ED61-157A-4689-93A5-04CE40237731.jpeg

Just another hint at the next book after BR Teclis being likely BR Alarielle, and from then on its anyone’s guess I think (BR being over, or starting to feature others in the center of the story lime, or really leading up to Malerion, Tyrion (very unlikely in my view)). 

Edited by LuminethMage
  • Like 1