The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Mutton said:

What if some magical chicanery happens and Nagash gets blasted into a bunch of fragments, each going to a Mortarch, and the Nagash model in the game becomes an "Avatar of Nagash." As much as I like him, I honestly think Nagash existing is the main reason we struggle to have interesting characters in Death---everyone has to bow down and be a yes-man/woman.

This. Fec made it absolutely clear that not all of them follow Nagash but there’s no rules to reflect that (like the fact Nagash can use their endless spells)

additionally I’ve felt for a long time that Nagash is too strong in the game and he doesn’t belong. Every game I’ve ever played vs Nagash or watched, it always comes down to if you can’t kill him in a single turn you’ve lost because he seems to always heal back up and he does too much to be able to ignore him

4 hours ago, Marcvs said:

Didn't the skaven already assassinate (or tried to, can't remember) Nagash in the Old World / End times?

Yeah I think so. Don’t remember the exact story but think it was something like the Council of thirteen that gave an anti Nagash sword to a human that managed to slay a surprised Nagash.

But the skavens also ruined Nagash’s latest scheme and thus created the Necroquake. If the Skaven/Chaos slays Nagash yet again, before he achieve anything interesting I feel like we already saw this story a few times before.

Sure Nagashs Regin will end and the Soulwars has to fail at some point, but I sure hope there is more to the story than Skaven bumping into his doomsdaydevice, shutting him down in the process.

Edited by Greasygeek

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

That was my second favourite of the stories next to the Gargant one!!

I'm torn between the 3 options of the Shadow figure. We can all agree it either a Vampire, Malerion or Belakor and of those 3 I'm mostly hoping for a Vamp or Belakor!!

I think the shadow figure is Mannfred von Carstein. Vampires are narcissists on steroids and they hate being Nagash’s stooges. This is Mannfred’s plot to free the bloodlines of Nagash’s control once and for all. 

19 minutes ago, novakai said:

torn by who the shadow figure is but this made me think Soulblight in the end

I'm more than hyped if that's the case..

What buzzed me is the reference to a "hulking" figure for the one on the throne. Maybe it's an illusionary trick or maybe he's a new character but I've never seen any reference to a vampire being described this way.

So I can see strong arguments of him being Belakor or Malerion. I would be happy too if it came to be them...but as a Soulblight fan I'll stick to this theory for now 😁.

• Like 1

Clearly it is Be'lakor, but remember he is an ancient enemy of Malerion who stole leadership of his realm. This is further proof that the final Broken Realms book will release alongside a Malerion update and bring us into 3rd edition with an Umbraneth Edgelords v.s. Slaves to Darkness army featuring new Dragon mounted Aelves fighting Undivided demons in the Starter Set. No I am not wishlisting, I simply have an uncle who works at Ninten...Games Workshop. 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Haha 5

10 hours ago, PraetorDragoon said:

It would be hilarious if the Skaven screwed up and made Nagash more powerful for a change. :D

Skaven ****** ups often ends with other gods or factions to suffer.

5 hours ago, Greasygeek said:

Yeah I think so. Don’t remember the exact story but think it was something like the Council of thirteen that gave an anti Nagash sword to a human that managed to slay a surprised Nagash.

But the skavens also ruined Nagash’s latest scheme and thus created the Necroquake. If the Skaven/Chaos slays Nagash yet again, before he achieve anything interesting I feel like we already saw this story a few times before.

Sure Nagashs Regin will end and the Soulwars has to fail at some point, but I sure hope there is more to the story than Skaven bumping into his doomsdaydevice, shutting him down in the process.

Don’t worry mate, I have a feeing that the next big foe that will learn to know the skaven ****** ups even more will very likely be sigmar in the future.

I could see them destroying a whole new chamber before it even gets revealed😋.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Scythian said:

I think the shadow figure is Mannfred von Carstein. Vampires are narcissists on steroids and they hate being Nagash’s stooges. This is Mannfred’s plot to free the bloodlines of Nagash’s control once and for all. 

The thing is, I wouldn't call mannfred 'hulking' or 'winged', but I guess it could be an illusion hes put up.

I’m pretty sure if it was a vampire or even a mortarch plotting Nagash demise through Skaven, Nagash would be aware of it. FEC it’s more likely but they live in a distorted world and they claim to be brave and courageous and assassination is not really their style.

To me seems more Be’lakor or Malerion but I hedge a bit more on Malerion side 

10 hours ago, Scythian said:

Dunno.

I'd love it to be so however.

In soul wars by Josh Reynolds the last chapter was an intersting discussion between Mannfred and Arkhan, where arkhan tells him that his free will and actions are actually all part of Nagash and that any though he has is given to him by Nagash, even his curveballs and side schemes are all implanted by Nagash.

Now, that's important because its inferring that nagash is omnipresent and omniscient in and through every undead being.  It was a very important piece of writing especially in framing the context of the narrative now.  Very much worth a re-read.

So, given what happened to Morathi and the twin aspects becoming two standalone beings, you could be onto something with the free thinking undead going the same way, and perhaps the vampires actually tearing away from his grasp / control / whatever and suddenly becoming free thinking.

Perhaps this is a curveball and nothing to do at this point in time with the azyr side of things - after all, Sigmar and the golden army can go do one if your main drive is wrestling your freedom and mind from the clutches of old big hat skeletor. Once the bloodlines are all free of that yoke you can get back to the serious business of taking over the galaxy.  The only fly in that ointment would be that if the aforementioned prose still stands, then nagash would have a knowledge of this plot.

So, I do wonder if we do for argument sake have a free thinking non nagash mind linked Vampire floating around who he is and where he's come from.

10 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

Dunno.

In soul wars by Josh Reynolds the last chapter was an intersting discussion between Mannfred and Arkhan, where arkhan tells him that his free will and actions are actually all part of Nagash and that any though he has is given to him by Nagash, even his curveballs and side schemes are all implanted by Nagash.

Now, that's important because its inferring that nagash is omnipresent and omniscient in and through every undead being.  It was a very important piece of writing especially in framing the context of the narrative now.  Very much worth a re-read.

So, given what happened to Morathi and the twin aspects becoming two standalone beings, you could be onto something with the free thinking undead going the same way, and perhaps the vampires actually tearing away from his grasp / control / whatever and suddenly becoming free thinking.

Perhaps this is a curveball and nothing to do at this point in time with the azyr side of things - after all, Sigmar and the golden army can go do one if your main drive is wrestling your freedom and mind from the clutches of old big hat skeletor. Once the bloodlines are all free of that yoke you can get back to the serious business of taking over the galaxy.  The only fly in that ointment would be that if the aforementioned prose still stands, then nagash would have a knowledge of this plot.

So, I do wonder if we do for argument sake have a free thinking non nagash mind linked Vampire floating around who he is and where he's come from.

how cool would it be if Sigmar/Azyr order/SCE schemed with Mannfred to get rid of Nagash?  but I think that is too much to ask from GW's writing. 

6 minutes ago, Feii said:

how cool would it be if Sigmar/Azyr order/SCE schemed with Mannfred to get rid of Nagash?  but I think that is too much to ask from GW's writing. 

no chance - not while there's a hot selling model in production.

Manfredd is to wrapped up with nagash, but if it was Vlad then we could be cooking on gas - but I think it was heavily hinted at that he might have been the lord relictor in the original box, but I hope not.

Unfortunately for some reason Setra is now a SCE, which is strange as in the end times he was brought back by the four chaos gods - but hey ho, what do I know.

24 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

Dunno.

The Carrion King, Ushoran

4 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

no chance - not while there's a hot selling model in production.

Manfredd is to wrapped up with nagash, but if it was Vlad then we could be cooking on gas - but I think it was heavily hinted at that he might have been the lord relictor in the original box, but I hope not.

Unfortunately for some reason Setra is now a SCE, which is strange as in the end times he was brought back by the four chaos gods - but hey ho, what do I know.

Settrus isnt Setra apparently its no longer canon

1 minute ago, Joseph Mackay said:

The Carrion King, Ushoran

Oh I would love that. Could be the thing behind the rumours that FEC endless spells will no longer be available (maybe they will roll FEC and their endless spells into Gravelords?  Hopefully we will know more when the WD for this month comes out

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pixieproxy said:

One thing that hasn't come up, is maybe Malerion is related to the Soulblight in some way? Galactic brain theory is that shadow aelf dragonish wings don't look all that much different to bat wings tbh 😝

there might be a retcon but he has fused with his DRAGON so far. Even a bigger galaxy brain is that vampires are related to black dragons in AoS not bats

23 minutes ago, Feii said:

there might be a retcon but he has fused with his DRAGON so far

That was debunked a lot of times.
It seems that it started as a "rumour/wishlist/whatever" created by fans after the first picture of Malerion (early AoS):
Resultado de imagen de malerion Age of Sigmar

Edited by Beliman

I can't see it being either Be'lakor or Malerion. Neither are mentioned in BR: Morathi, but we do have a stormcast hero with a back story heavily linked to vampires saved by a hulking, winged being surrounded by shadows. 

Seems like a vampire to me and I hope it is. Would be a waste to foreshadow vamps all along and then reveal it as Be'lakor. 

Plus the thought that Malerion would use agents of chaos to do his dirty work doesn't seem right. I would imagine the God of shadows would have his own assassins. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1