The Rumour Thread

Just a thought on the mysterious silhouette- why are we assuming it’s one model? If the design elements that we can identify don’t match up, doesn’t it make sense that GW might have mashed-up the silhouettes of two or more models?

the news of Hashut’s return fills me with a joy I can barely describe. Aqshy is his by right!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

Guys.
I mean no offense, yet could you, please, stop writing duel box? It‘s not a duel box, they‘re not dueling 🤺 

It‘s a Dual (having two different parts) box. Like you know, Dual Course of Study etc ^^

Both are wrong actually as gw called them Battle Boxes on the web store 😂

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Hashut said:

Just a thought on the mysterious silhouette- why are we assuming it’s one model? If the design elements that we can identify don’t match up, doesn’t it make sense that GW might have mashed-up the silhouettes of two or more models?

the news of Hashut’s return fills me with a joy I can barely describe. Aqshy is his by right!

Because GW has never done that before...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good evening.

As a long time Lurker in this Forum would I like to draw some conclusions between the new Silhouette and the cursed city information which we already knew.

On the Official Website is the Map of the City with four Important figures for Ulfenkarn. First we got the Grave keeper, second we got the Head of the City Watch the third figure could represent in my Opinion some kind of Knight or Royalty and the Fourth Figure represents in my Opinion the Clergy. After the city's downfall each of this Important Figures got twisted, and I think it would be the perfect match for the "Bishop" of the City to be the Head Necromancer because he gave the Dying Townsfolk the last rites before the Dead he is now the One who reanimates the Bodies. Furthermore, is the Silhouette which I added at 3 the Perfect Match for the drawn Figure on the shield (Look at the Sword handle on the Silhouette and the drawn sword handle + the long side cut + the Pauldron) I Think He could be the Head of some kind of Order of Vampires (You can see in the Trailer another Vampire which looks kinda similar to him. ) . The Silhouette which we got today in the Preview looks in my Opinion very Crooked and Hunched Over and the drawn Figure at 4 has a walking stick which may be part of the final Model. To end my Conclusion I Think the two silhouettes we got shown today are the last drawn figures on the Map.

What do you guys think about this speculation ? 1057341377_ULFENKARNSpekulation.png.4704e44c632f1ab3be1482493939a903.png

• Like 17
  • LOVE IT! 1

21 minutes ago, Udalriki said:

Good evening.

As a long time Lurker in this Forum would I like to draw some conclusions between the new Silhouette and the cursed city information which we already knew.

On the Official Website is the Map of the City with four Important figures for Ulfenkarn. First we got the Grave keeper, second we got the Head of the City Watch the third figure could represent in my Opinion some kind of Knight or Royalty and the Fourth Figure represents in my Opinion the Clergy. After the city's downfall each of this Important Figures got twisted, and I think it would be the perfect match for the "Bishop" of the City to be the Head Necromancer because he gave the Dying Townsfolk the last rites before the Dead he is now the One who reanimates the Bodies. Furthermore, is the Silhouette which I added at 3 the Perfect Match for the drawn Figure on the shield (Look at the Sword handle on the Silhouette and the drawn sword handle + the long side cut + the Pauldron) I Think He could be the Head of some kind of Order of Vampires (You can see in the Trailer another Vampire which looks kinda similar to him. ) . The Silhouette which we got today in the Preview looks in my Opinion very Crooked and Hunched Over and the drawn Figure at 4 has a walking stick which may be part of the final Model. To end my Conclusion I Think the two silhouettes we got shown today are the last drawn figures on the Map.

What do you guys think about this speculation ? 

The bishop being a necromancer makes sense. We will see if that pans out.

For the kneeling vampire guy, we have a rumour engine which is a better match than the new silhouette, though:

image.png.dec425d532545934b729c60cf1cf6055.png

But you are right about the pauldrons. That probably indicates that the new wolf-vamps and the kneeling guy are part of the same knightly order or that they are his underlings.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

The bishop being a necromancer makes sense. We will see if that pans out.

For the kneeling vampire guy, we have a rumour engine which is a better match than the new silhouette, though:

Nah, the preview silhouette lines up way better. There's the wing-like protrusions on the right shoulder armour, the strands of hair that are about the right length, and, most importantly, the crossguard on the silhouette has that S-shape that the Rumour Engine doesn't.

EDIT: here's a zoomed-in version of the website art, the S-shape is less pronounced but it's there

2021-02-15_23-29-11.png

Edited by ShyishBarry
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, ShyishBarry said:

Nah, the preview silhouette lines up way better. There's the wing-like protrusions on the right shoulder armour, the strands of hair that are about the right length, and, most importantly, the crossguard on the silhouette has that S-shape that the Rumour Engine doesn't.

I can see it after taking another look. Especially the hair.

Interesting, though! It means we have another rumour engine that is obviously Death, but we know nothing about.

• Like 1

The one holding onto a pillar is probably some kind of vampire thrall. We can see two of them in the reveal video including one that exactly mirrors the pose of the silhouette.Screenshot_20210216-084945.png.a4005e17f7064148a0ff74a2c2b36ad1.png

The other one could be a cursed city model though it does look rather big. My money is on it being from the new army. 

The last two are definitely the priestess from the art and the main antagonist; the wolf. 

@Udalriki Makes total sense.

Each One leading a small faction within Ulfenkhan. Ghorslav seem to be the  one turning up the zombies still attached to their coffins, the skeletons are the back bone infantry. The Lycan Like Vampires seem to be some form of Elite swordman unit. So what does  the Necromancer bring to the table apart from possibly ravens and rats. We seem to have most of the Undead bases covered - Skeleton, Vampire, Zombie - So Imagine he will come with some new funky spirits or animal swarms (feel like we need more bats, direwolves or swarm type critters.

As for the Vampires- Gw has almost always linked any Vampire to a Bloodline, even the Generic Vampire lord with a wing was linked to the Von carstein style of the time (if I remember correctly). These Lycanish looking Vampires don’t really settle with any Bloodline. So here’s where I’m at - Ulfenkharn is the return of one of the lost Bloodlines - Neferata gave the Elixir to -“Lord Ushoran, W'soran, Naaima, Lord Ankhat, Zurhas, Abhorash and several others,”.  “I think (hope) this may be one of many Vampire Chambers being opened.

Or not because this is Age of Sigmar and all predictions are baseless because Characters like Sigvald come back word for word, and Morathi gets a snake bod, Teclis is cruising with a Sphinx and Sigmar won’t come out to play but Gotrek will. *counts breathing in and out*

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Kronos said:

Each One leading a small faction within Ulfenkhan. Ghorslav seem to be the  one turning up the zombies still attached to their coffins, the skeletons are the back bone infantry. The Lycan Like Vampires seem to be some form of Elite swordman unit. So what does  the Necromancer bring to the table apart from possibly ravens and rats. We seem to have most of the Undead bases covered - Skeleton, Vampire, Zombie - So Imagine he will come with some new funky spirits or animal swarms (feel like we need more bats, direwolves or swarm type critters.

As for the Vampires- Gw has almost always linked any Vampire to a Bloodline, even the Generic Vampire lord with a wing was linked to the Von carstein style of the time (if I remember correctly). These Lycanish looking Vampires don’t really settle with any Bloodline. So here’s where I’m at - Ulfenkharn is the return of one of the lost Bloodlines - Neferata gave the Elixir to -“Lord Ushoran, W'soran, Naaima, Lord Ankhat, Zurhas, Abhorash and several others,”.  “I think (hope) this may be one of many Vampire Chambers being opened.

Or not because this is Age of Sigmar and all predictions are baseless because Characters like Sigvald come back word for word, and Morathi gets a snake bod, Teclis is cruising with a Sphinx and Sigmar won’t come out to play but Gotrek will. *counts breathing in and out*

Perhaps the Ulfenkarn vampires are based off the Russian Wurdilac(I admit that I had to look up if Russia had a vampire myth, but it was a very safe bet as every body and their grandma's got one), they're described as former witches and werewolves who were excommunicated from the church and it looks like we got a priest and we know the big bad is called The Wolf.....

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Kronos said:

Neferata gave the Elixir to -“Lord Ushoran, W'soran, Naaima, Lord Ankhat, Zurhas, Abhorash and several others,”.  “I think (hope) this may be one of many Vampire Chambers being opened.

Well Ushoran (aka Sumeros Summerking andBlood Rose Prince) is already part of the AoS Lore, after he is the Carrion King (the founder of the Flesh-Eater Courts).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kronos said:

I would absolutely love a return of one of the forgotten bloodlines thats never been represented, fingers crossed for Maatames High Judge of Lhamia...The Mortach of Judgement has a nice ring to it :)

• Like 2

There’s a rumour doing the rounds in the board game/wargame YouTube community that cursed city will cost 300 USD over £200. While this seems a lot  I know GW wouldn’t price it that much if there wasn’t more to it than a usual boxed game. So this has got me speculating. We’ve seen a large city map, could Cursed City have a campaign map role playing element, like Games such as Misthaven? Could we see 3D scenery? Will it be tons of miniatures or a combo of all 3? I personally don’t mind paying that much as I know the content will reflect the price. That said it could just be a rumour as that is quite an unusual price point for GW!

• Like 1

I've seen that rumour floating around but never with a source attached, I find it a quite unlikely price point when comparing to Blackstone Fortress.  The only way I could see them pushing the cost up that high is if it contains a lot more plastic than we've seen suggested so far (I'm assuming the 8 heroes, 5 villains, and 8-2 themed minions per villain) if there were some sprues of city scenery maybe?  But that seems an odd thing to put in a WHQ box.  Or some sort of multi-level game board gimmick?

Hopefully it's not just another bunch of plastic doorways, that seems to be the trend currently!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Percivael said:

There’s a rumour doing the rounds in the board game/wargame YouTube community that cursed city will cost 300 USD over £200. While this seems a lot  I know GW wouldn’t price it that much if there wasn’t more to it than a usual boxed game. So this has got me speculating. We’ve seen a large city map, could Cursed City have a campaign map role playing element, like Games such as Misthaven? Could we see 3D scenery? Will it be tons of miniatures or a combo of all 3? I personally don’t mind paying that much as I know the content will reflect the price. That said it could just be a rumour as that is quite an unusual price point for GW!

It's certainly not impossible that GW will put it that high, just because a lot of places are still likely to be in lockdown or at least living heavily with restrictions for a few months and the board game market is doing just as well as GW itself is. People have obviously shown they're willing to pay for more product even when the price is whacked up and Cursed City has a very strong marketing campaign behind it, coupled with there obviously being a market for 'premium board games' with Kingdom Death and such.

That said, £200 seems a stretch even for them. £150 I could easily believe, maybe £175 (Dark Uprising) if you get a bucket load of models but not any higher. Of course they sold out of £120 Mega-Gargants for a while so maybe they think the higher price point will 'pick up the slack' for what few customers they think they'll lose for the higher price point.

3D scenery seems unlikely just because this is them trying to reach out to the board game market and an unpainted building looks a lot more standout than 28mm unpainted individuals. That said, I could seem them doing something like Underworlds where the 3D scenery is sold as a separate product.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Percivael said:

Its possible- I've seen that rumour floating around Dakka as well. 3d terrain would make that price point understandable - those renders of houses in the animation/illustration did make me think they'd be cool in plastic. I would have said previously though that GW tends to make these games more accessible so around £100ish mark but the big Necromunda box shows a different approach - the big deluxe box packed with both terrain and minis so they could be aiming to do that with Cursed City- models and a setting in a big box, something that most boardgames wouldn't have. 

It just depends on their strategy - accessible board game or something more deluxe. I can definitely see them doing it and doing it well [as in a really good box packed with cool terrain and models] as it takes advantage of their ability to produce high quality  plastic terrain and model sets. Necromunda for me looked like a great set but I'm not wild on the game or the gangs- Cursed City looks much more appealing though. We'll get a sense of it soon enough if terrain makes an appearance but I'd stretch to higher price point for more good content. The Warcry starter made me think of Quest with those archways etc and its a bit pricier,  could be the way they are going. 

Edited by silverstu
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Percivael said:

It certainly seems like the miniature count of the box might be high. We will definitely see 8 heroes and 5 bosses, that much is confirmed. The different bosses seem to have their own underlings, so far skeletons, zombies and those wolf-vampires are confirmed. The map on the website also mentions "the spectral dead" and "carrion horrors". Potentially, that could mean a unit of ~5 models of a distinct type for each boss. That's around 40 miniatures or so, all in all.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1