The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Neverchosen said:

Maybe Krell is only a part of this new character? As Bonereapers are constructs using multiple sources. That way it can be a new character with a history. 

No one in Underworlds is anyone important, because in canon they are all trapped forever in Underworlds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Yeah if Krell were to come back, it wouldn't be in WHU. I'd be reluctant to call his return a good thing either. He had a great concept - the strong silent type, if you like - but he was already dead-dead and didn't have much in way of personality compared to the Drychas or Mannfreds of the world.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, madmac said:

No one in Underworlds is anyone important, because in canon they are all trapped forever in Underworlds.

I have not read much about Underworlds and have not played the game I didn't know it was such a depressingly dark premise. Luckily I like Underworlds models and run them in my armies as heroes so I am at least letting them get some freedom from their terrible fate even if it is to fight in massive battles they may not survive. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Yeah if Krell were to come back, it wouldn't be in WHU. I'd be reluctant to call his return a good thing either. He had a great concept - the strong silent type, if you like - but he was already dead-dead and didn't have much in way of personality compared to the Drychas or Mannfreds of the world.

The post was in more of a tung and cheek joke, because if memory serves Krell was at a point even Nagash couldn't put him back together. The Black Axe as an artifact coming back could be cool though.

• Like 3

Great day for previews and Rumor Engines solvers !!

So we'll see (at least) Ulfenkarn's Wolf Lord ("Russian" fur hat & wolf pet), his werewolve/vampire underling (clingy one + sword), and the Azyrite Sorceress / Sister of Sigmar. 

Like others, I guess the Facebook teaser is some kind of Necromancer or Nighthaunt guys for WHQ (or a Necrarch equivalent for Gravelords ???). I initially hoped the flimsy hand holding that Plaguebearer-y skull would be Tzeentchian, but alas.

The WHU Ossiarch Emmisary with the axe (its rune represents that "caste")  looks cool, but the head looks a bit too small... or is just the crest ? Hope we get a Melee Heroes on foot, like a Liege Kavalos but for the Mortek Guard.

Oh and that second Savage Orruk is great. Simple yet effective, better than the WHU Brutes at least IMO. 

ONE worry though : where is WARCRY ???

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I'm not in favour of constantly bringing back old characters for no reason except nostalgia, but if they brought back Krell as a Bonereaper that would at least be an interesting spin on it.

That said, I don't think it's very probable.

"I'm not in favour of constantly bringing back old characters for no reason except nostalgia, but as long as it is in my favourite faction I am fine with it" ftfy

and thats how we are here with not many interesting and purely AoS new chars. (Props to Katakros, Neave, Volturnos before he has becomea stool for Morathi)  

• Haha 1

Perhaps, in BR:Teclis, we discover that Teclis has used some souls from Slaanesh that could not be brought back to the living to create an undead Aelf faction loyal to him in order to overthrow Nagash.  If Malerion turns out to be Destruction or Chaos, that would only leave one Grand Alliance left to infiltrate and Aelven mastery of the Realms will then be complete.  It's ineffable.

Edited by Aelfric

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

From the latest Soulbound RPG release:

unknown.png

Hashut is also named outright, with a faction of them in Ulgu:

unknown.png

At this point, to me at least, Chaos Duardin are as certain as Malerions Aelves. Also hoping that means the Brute we see in the Cursed City trailer is in fact a Gholemkond!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rob Hawkins said:

I had an idea about the rat & crow with keys:  What if, instead of being part of larger models, they ARE the model?

Key objectives for WH Quest. Much more interesting than a card token with a key printed on it, and maybe they can MOVE, so you don't just find keys, you have to CATCH them!

I'm not sure about them moving around, but I had a similar thought. In Silver tower you had those weird familiars (the walking fish was my favorite). so tiny creatures would be nice to see in the new quest. 

Also, I'm now 99% sure I'll be getting the new quest game. It just keeps getting better and better model-wise. Same for the undead warbands.  Never been a 'death' guy, but these new models are just fantastic.

Also, I caved and ordered Sigvald...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheR00zle said:

Ha! HE LIVES!!! HASHUT!!! When can I expect pointy hats that aren’t on pretentious elgi?

After they've updated Khorne, Nurgle, Tzeentch and Skaven they surely have to think about expanding the Chaos Alliance and what better way to do that with Chaos Duardin!! We have many types of Aelves and only KO, Fyreslayers and Dispossessed for Duardin. I also personally took the gutting of Chaos Duardin from Forgeworld as a good sign, hopefully meaning they have their own Faction already in the works. 

• Like 1