The Rumour Thread

41 minutes ago, Joseph Mackay said:

These new prices are what killed Sons Of Behemat for me. I still look at them every now and then and go ‘these are cool models and id like to play them’ but $380nz is just unbelievable. I’ve seen people try to dismiss the price by comparing them to 40K knights, but knights are a hell of a lot cheaper ($220nz) unless you go for the Castellan? ($330nz)

I completely agree on the Sons of Behemat prices, but those NZ Knight prices are very strange. The Castellan is 50% more than the normal knights there, but in the UK they’re only about 5% more. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

I agree by 100%
it‘s puzzling that summoning suddenly is the most important aspect of the army..

easy additional  sales though.

If you'd worked out that say you could get 20 models summoned in an average game, you'd probably be tempted to spend on 2 or 3 boxes if you didn't already have them for those what if moments.  Whereas when you're normal list building you're working with known quantities of ingredients.  But yes, with you 100% on the puzzling part.

I hope that it stays an option in a chaos army rather than a tactical necessity.

Finally got to check out the sprue pics of the pre-orders.

I'm so so happy the riders look to have seperate legs from the mount saddle, will make some nice easy conversion for some Araby style archers. It's a shame there aren't really any decent normal horse sculpts from GW through. Unarmoured ones I mean. I suppose the Doomfire Warlock horses would be quite nice. 

Really really want to get Sigvald though, what an amazing sculpt. Would love to see him standing on a Khorne Daemon like an evil mockery of the classical St Michael/ Sanguinius art pose.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gwill_of_the_Woods said:

Is that for Warcry suitability?

They use that 28.5mm in Warcry sets.

Nah, but I think it's firts "normal" ie. not Warcry unit that got those as standard. And I wonder if this portents things to come.

Im torn on what to get. I love the Slaanesh release but the ulfenkarn game looks awesome too. Gotta think about what I will spend my time and money on. I’m thinking the ulfenkarn game will give me more diversity in models to paint and I even think my husband might want to try the game. 
but looking at sigvald in 360... he is even better then I thought. And still isn’t covering his ass I see. Would love to paint him, all that cloth and NMM is exactly what I love to paint. 

Edited by elfhead
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, elfhead said:

Im torn on what to get. I love the Slaanesh release but the ulfenkarn game looks awesome too. Gotta think about what I will spend my time and money on. I’m thinking the ulfenkarn game will give me more diversity in models to paint and I even think my husband might want to try the game. 
but looking at sigvald in 360... he is even better then I thought. And still isn’t covering his ass I see. Would love to paint him, all that cloth and NMM is exactly what I love to paint. 

treat-yo-self.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Finally got to check out the sprue pics of the pre-orders.

I'm so so happy the riders look to have seperate legs from the mount saddle, will make some nice easy conversion for some Araby style archers. It's a shame there aren't really any decent normal horse sculpts from GW through. Unarmoured ones I mean. I suppose the Doomfire Warlock horses would be quite nice. 

Really really want to get Sigvald though, what an amazing sculpt. Would love to see him standing on a Khorne Daemon like an evil mockery of the classical St Michael/ Sanguinius art pose.

has sir not met the marauder horsemen mounts? they're ace.

and they convert well to boot as they've got minimal chaos gubbins on them.

37005002666_02737af31f_c.jpg

37194996015_2f2167ebe2_c.jpg

37005003596_81bf1f67ff_c.jpg

And you can use the extra bits in the kits to spruce up and adorn other stuff such as a themed chariot

37004996986_e91ce3ac08_c.jpg

• Like 12
  • LOVE IT! 2

30 minutes ago, elfhead said:

Could get Sigvald on his own, see how you like painting him, and go from there :) even if you never touch another Slaanesh model, Sigvald is a brilliant chance to just have a lot of fun painting a single model (and of course his magnificent cheeks) 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

and with it the new AoS3 price point of 125 bones.

What's the average buy in price now for an AoS army?, 350-400 gpb for a nice full fat 2000 point army?

As long as sales continue and people buy the prices will keep ramping   i think we're back to Warhammer fantasy levels of investment now, but as always, we can always just have less or do without.  With any luxury consumer good, you pay what you pay. It's not a necessity and we just have to decide if it's worth that much to us.  

But back on topic...

I'm interested to see where the current Broken realms story arc leads.   the latest novel Stormvault hints that there is a great evil awakening so maybe that will have some pointers and clues.  Please don't let it be yet another dead thing to rule them all.

I don’t really think ‘average buy in price’ of armies matters, it’s still $380nz for a single model, But the 6 model SoB list costs $1500nz (with one regular giant being unused)

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Still-young said:

I completely agree on the Sons of Behemat prices, but those NZ Knight prices are very strange. The Castellan is 50% more than the normal knights there, but in the UK they’re only about 5% more. 

Agreed. I’ve done some comparisons and there’s some really weird differences between the UK and NZ prices.
-pre price increase, Seraphon Carnosaur and Start Collecting were same price UK but NZ the start collecting was higher.
-most clampack/single model box heroes are higher in NZ.
-a bunch of Space Marines stuff is either higher or lower in NZ

by comparison, I mean I’ve been taking the NZ price of x product and comparing it to the UK price. I’ve found in some cases that products x y and z are the same UK price, but in NZ all 3 are different :/

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, HollowHills said:

Lol. That explains why Idoneth are mid tier at best even when playing the most competitive lists possible.

Thing is, stuff like Thralls aren’t bad, but the Eels are just so batshit crazy that you’re handicapping yourself if you don’t spam them. They put out too much damage and have too many wounds for their points. Add Volturnos and his stacking command ability and it’s just ridiculous. If the command ability only increased the attacks of a single weapon then I’d probably feel less strongly about it.

I don’t play competitive so maybe it’s different in that environment, but in casual games it’s way too strong 

What will be the big baddy for AOS 3 after broken realms. I’m interested in the direction it could take I’m hoping it’s destruction or order as we’ve had chaos and death so far. There’s a lot of armies that need new models or revised old models, so could it be something like bonesplitters or skaven or maybe something new? 

In an interview a while back Destruction was mentioned as being the next big thing GW wants to focus on. I do approve of trying to Finish off Death and Chaos in general terms. Vampires rounds out Death pretty well leaving the door only open for a skeleton focused army at some point in the future, but generally fills the faction with most of what we'd expect. 

Chaos has had nice big updates for each of the four core chaos gods now and much of their range is updated (not all but much). Skaven are an outlier, but they do have a wide range, its just got a lot of old parts to it here and there. Remains to be seen what GW does with Skaven, but they are at least diverse as an army. Much like Seraphon I suspect they'll have to wait a while to get updated sculpts across the army. 

Destruction in my view needs two key things

1) A nice update to Orruks to give them some new toys. At the start of AoS we had 3 orruk armies that were basically different sculpts doing the same thing - choppa boyz; arrow boyz; boar riders; boar chariots; some big boss; some shaman dancing etc... They need some creativity and freshness and new ideas injecting into them

2) A new faction. Perhaps something that isn't goblin nor orruk. Something totally creative an new. 

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

6 minutes ago, Overread said:

Destruction in my view needs two key things

1) A nice update to Orruks to give them some new toys. At the start of AoS we had 3 orruk armies that were basically different sculpts doing the same thing - choppa boyz; arrow boyz; boar riders; boar chariots; some big boss; some shaman dancing etc... They need some creativity and freshness and new ideas injecting into them

2) A new faction. Perhaps something that isn't goblin nor orruk. Something totally creative an new. 

Number 2 especially. Really hope the explore The Silent People more or even something completely crazy and new.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SirSalabean said:

What will be the big baddy for AOS 3 after broken realms. I’m interested in the direction it could take I’m hoping it’s destruction or order as we’ve had chaos and death so far. There’s a lot of armies that need new models or revised old models, so could it be something like bonesplitters or skaven or maybe something new? 

if it is destruction, most people are leaning towards updating and giving more Models to Ironjawz, since they are suppose to be the posterboy of destruction and a lot of people have been waiting for models for them since they been release 5 years ago. new armies for Destruction have been theorize to be either Sky Grots or the Silent people two popular theories.

Skaven is probably the other big contender only because their range is half anchient and they could use a Necron refresh but the BR narrative doesn;t seem to be going there