The Rumour Thread

18 minutes ago, Irvy said:

Anyone want to take a guess on a release date for Cursed City? I'm very tempted and want to get hyped for it - you can play 1 player right? (never picke up something like this before)

It depends. Silver Tower and Blackstone Fortress could be played single player, but Hammerhall required a dedicated GM.

56 minutes ago, Irvy said:

Anyone want to take a guess on a release date for Cursed City? I'm very tempted and want to get hyped for it - you can play 1 player right? (never picke up something like this before)

For a release I would guess either March or April. Reasoning is that GW is building Cursed City up quite a lot and I can't really see them stringing it out until June. And with the WHU Vampires due to release in April we may even get CC in March. Probably late March and then mid April the WHU Vampires. We might see the Gravelords in June then.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Irvy said:

Early April. Maybe with a two-week pre-order at the end of March (I think BSF was two-weeks wasn't it?). Also ties in with the Vampires being released for Underworlds.

I'd guess March will be Teclis/Lumineth and the Dark Eldar/Sisters of Battle/Titanicus stuff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Irvy said:

Well we have 6 heroes and 3 Villains left, I expect them to reveal 2 villains and 2 heroes with one per week as they did until now, the other 4 heroes probably in two pairs of 2 and our main enemy in another article which would be 7 articles with the later ones being mixed with other stuff we get in the box plus some about how the game will work so maybe another 3? 

So 10 posts but they will probably release them faster as we get near the release date so maybe around 8 more weeks which would be beginning of April?

14 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Early April. Maybe with a two-week pre-order at the end of March (I think BSF was two-weeks wasn't it?). Also ties in with the Vampires being released for Underworlds.

I'd guess March will be Teclis/Lumineth and the Dark Eldar/Sisters of Battle/Titanicus stuff.

11 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

Well we have 6 heroes and 3 Villains left, I expect them to reveal 2 villains and 2 heroes with one per week as they did until now, the other 4 heroes probably in two pairs of 2 and our main enemy in another article which would be 7 articles with the later ones being mixed with other stuff we get in the box plus some about how the game will work so maybe another 3? 

So 10 posts but they will probably release them faster as we get near the release date so maybe around 8 more weeks which would be beginning of April?

I'm with everyone and saying April. And better yet I bet there will be an Online Preview in March showing off the boxed set!!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Overread said:

GW New Zealand now has all the new Warscrolls up on their website! This also means pre-orders are live there. IT HAS BEGUN! 

Sigvald is not a daemon prince! what!  and he only has only six wounds!    that's  ridiculous. 

3 hours ago, Causalis said:

For a release I would guess either March or April. Reasoning is that GW is building Cursed City up quite a lot and I can't really see them stringing it out until June. And with the WHU Vampires due to release in April we may even get CC in March. Probably late March and then mid April the WHU Vampires. We might see the Gravelords in June then.

My thoughts are that they’ll use Cursed City as this years big June/July release as I suspect COVID has delayed the rumoured aos3 until 2022

This 70-part plastic kit makes 10 Blissbarb Archers and one Blissbrew Homonculus for use in Warhammer Age of Sigmar. It comes supplied with 10 28.5mm Citadel Round bases and a 25mm Citadel Round base.

Huh, interesting, different bases

Edited by Boar
  • Like 1

Man, Slaanesh really got hit hard with points increases.  Seekers went up like 30 points, hellstriders are up too.  The new units are all quite pricey.  I'm wondering if they just didn't overcost the whole book?  It's not like the new allegiance abilities are crazy compared to what they used to be.  I'm not trying to be a "doomsayer" or anything here.  Rather, I'm inviting people to share their opinions of it now that we can see everything.  Any hot takes?

EDIT: The new Blissbarb seeker guys are great though.  That's my hot take.  20 wounds at 14" movement, good attacks and only 180 points?  Yes, please!

Edited by willange
  • Confused 1

It's ridiculous the mounted archers have 4 wounds. Double a seeker or hellstrider? More than a deathrider or chaos knight? Just downright bizarre. The sort of thing you'd say was a typo on first glance...but not even GW could be that incompetent, so somebody somewhere thought it made sense. 

I can't really see why you'd ever take the non-mounted ones. 180 points for 20 wounds on a 5+, 14" movement, decent melee, and 16 4/4-1/1 shots that do mortals on a 6 to wound...vs 160 points for 11 wounds on a 6", 6" movement, terrible melee, and 21 4/4/-1/1 shots with +1 to wound as long as the guy without the bow stays alive. 

Edited by yukishiro1
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, yukishiro1 said:

It's ridiculous the mounted archers have 4 wounds. Double a seeker or hellstrider? More than a deathrider or chaos knight? Just downright bizarre. The sort of thing you'd say was a typo on first glance...but not even GW could be that incompetent, so somebody somewhere thought it made sense. 

I can't really see why you'd ever take the non-mounted ones. 180 points for 20 wounds on a 5+, 14" movement, decent melee, and 16 4/4-1/1 shots that do mortals on a 6 to wound...vs 160 points for 11 wounds on a 6", 6" movement, terrible melee, and 21 4/4/-1/1 shots with +1 to wound as long as the guy without the bow stays alive. 

And people were complaining about KO shooting....

Man those are really strong bows! (compared to that funny looking big tubes of KO thunderers). 

• LOVE IT! 1

25 minutes ago, willange said:

Man, Slaanesh really got hit hard with points increases.  Seekers went up like 30 points, hellstriders are up too.  The new units are all quite pricey.  I'm wondering if they just didn't overcost the whole book?  It's not like the new allegiance abilities are crazy compared to what they used to be.  I'm not trying to be a "doomsayer" or anything here.  Rather, I'm inviting people to share their opinions of it now that we can see everything.  Any hot takes?

EDIT: The new Blissbarb seeker guys are great though.  That's my hot take.  20 wounds at 14" movement, good attacks and only 180 points?  Yes, please!

I think they're paying for the summoning in their allegiance abilities and it's currently set at the upper level so we don't have another 2019 incident, and it'll be able to come down (or stay the same depending on performance) in subsequent GHBs :)

• Like 2

It's bizarre the seekers and hellstriders went up. Again, why would you ever take them compared to the new mounted stuff? The cynic in me says it's a case of "makes these bad because they're literally less than half as expensive as our new mounted dudes, can't have people using them instead." 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I think they're paying for the summoning in their allegiance abilities and it's currently set at the upper level so we don't have another 2019 incident, and it'll be able to come down (or stay the same depending on performance) in subsequent GHBs :)

That's the only reason I can think that they did that.  But if they're really concerned about the summoning, then why not just making summoning require more depravity points?  Raising the points cost just guts them as allies and as "wider" units in things like Legion of Chaos Ascendant and so forth.  In a perfect world, the allegiance ability power should be roughly equal across factions and then warscrolls are worth their points all on their own. (I know that's not how it is, but it's how it SHOULD be, so it irks me to see this type of design in a modern battletome).

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, willange said:

That's the only reason I can think that they did that.  But if they're really concerned about the summoning, then why not just making summoning require more depravity points?  Raising the points cost just guts them as allies and as "wider" units in things like Legion of Chaos Ascendant and so forth.  In a perfect world, the allegiance ability power should be roughly equal across factions and then warscrolls are worth their points all on their own. (I know that's not how it is, but it's how it SHOULD be, so it irks me to see this type of design in a modern battletome).

I agree that they should have been more cautious with the summoning rather than the points for Slaanesh, but at least points are an easy fix. If it turns out a lot of people aren't happy with the points then I think GW will make it a relatively quick fix 

• Like 1

I’ll say this about Hedonites: I don’t think that I’ve seen GW consistently hit every single problematic part of a book without nerfing the entire thing out of orbit.

Locus. Depravity generation. Chain summoning. Keeper CA. Epitome. Points balanced against summoning.

There’s an almost laser-like focus here that has taken the edge off everything that was a source of negativity in the last book. Perhaps it’s the cynic in me but I would normally expect one or two things on the naughty list to be toned down and everything else left in place. To see it done this way is refreshing as it means someone has put some real thought and effort into tackling interrelated problems while keeping those rules/units playable.

This is a good thing! It shows that GW can do better, even if it does take them a couple of tries. Whoever is responsible for this needs a pat on the back and passed the Seraphon and Tzeentch BTs.

Caveat that I fully recognise the book probably isn’t as strong as it was before but that is healthier for the game, as the reason it was strong was a poor experience for most people.

(Assuming this sentiment isn’t completely undermined by some busted combo with the new stuff that hasn’t been identified yet).

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

I’ll say this about Hedonites: I don’t think that I’ve seen GW consistently hit every single problematic part of a book without nerfing the entire thing out of orbit.

Locus. Depravity generation. Chain summoning. Keeper CA. Epitome. Points balanced against summoning.

There’s an almost laser-like focus here that has taken the edge off everything that was a source of negativity in the last book. Perhaps it’s the cynic in me but I would normally expect one or two things on the naughty list to be toned down and everything else left in place. To see it done this way is refreshing as it means someone has put some real thought and effort into tackling interrelated problems while keeping those rules/units playable.

This is a good thing! It shows that GW can do better, even if it does take them a couple of tries. Whoever is responsible for this needs a pat on the back and passed the Seraphon and Tzeentch BTs.

Caveat that I fully recognise the book probably isn’t as strong as it was before but that is healthier for the game, as the reason it was strong was a poor experience for most people.

(Assuming this sentiment isn’t completely undermined by some busted combo with the new stuff that hasn’t been identified yet).

I agree - the book isn't bad by any means, it's just balanced (from what I can tell). I can see points coming down, but tbh points don't massively bother me as they're super easy to change  and that can happen twice a year. The important thing to focus on is someone in the rules team hasn't decided that the blissbarbs need to do d3 mortal wounds on a 5+ - like you said, it's like someone has had a proper look at the battletome and sorted out the issues of the old one

• Like 2

The depravity summoning mechanics seem to be really weird and may be throwing points off substantially for things like Hellstriders. Precisely because they are fast, hit like wet noodles, are relatively durable, and were very low points for a unit...that ties together to make them very good at generating 2 points of depravity a turn for a bargain basement cost. The only thing I can think of is that some testing showed that spamming them generated too much depravity. But they couldn't make them better and cost more, because that would tread on the toes of their new (and hideously expensive) version. So they ended up in this weird halfway house where they now do basically nothing for their points except generate depravity. 

More broadly, I am not at all sure that this depravity mechanic is going to be any less problematic than the old one, just in different ways. I wish they'd get off this summoning kick, it causes problems in almost every book it crops up in. 

Edited by yukishiro1
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2