The Rumour Thread

36 minutes ago, Chaos Shepard said:

Wouldn't that make the more human ones strait cannibals. 

Read the Dark Harvest book, where Kurnoth speaks to protagonist throughout the book and finally appears in the end.

Spoiler

He devours all of his worshipers.

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 3

8 hours ago, Sharkbelly said:

FBM0fzc3w3G54Ech.jpg

Looks great!

She looks fantastic! I was hoping for a reveal of the Kurnothi! I wasn't expecting her to be this Aelven though but she's still great! Funnily enough I have grabbed a Namarti reaver to convert into a Kurnothi scout as I thought that would still fit the theme..

But she looks great! Cursed City is just looking amazing model wise so far- I've loved everything I've seen! 

2 hours ago, Gwill_of_the_Woods said:

I reckon they may do something like the DoK where you've got Khinerai & Melusai.

It could be standard Wood-Elf Wanderer style as the core them of the army, with the elite having "dialled up to 11" equine-sapien, Satyr or centaur aesthetic.

Praise Kurnoth! 🐺🦌🐿

Could be - she still has a soul pod at her waist to link her to the others and there is the question as to wether the horns are worn or grown.. 

3 hours ago, WarbossKurgan said:

It has been pointed out elsewhere, that Kurnothi might be as varied physiologically as the Daughters of Khaine are. Some more animalistic, and some more Aelven.

Definitely the idea I'm getting .. really looking forward to see if they appear as a full force!

5 hours ago, Verminlord said:

Wishlisting here, but I hope we get some cursed city/mordheim style ruined town terrain; possibly alongside or even with the box? Always wanted a set but been too intimated to make my own.

I thought that when I saw the illustrations - there has been a rumour of a price the same as the Necromunda box -which would make sense of it included terrain, not expecting it to but it is is possible. Would make the box expensive though.

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

On 2/10/2021 at 3:20 PM, swarmofseals said:

Please no XD the last thing we need is more Hand of Dust type mechanics.

GW must have heard this and decided to one-up it with this abomination:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/02/11/the-daughters-of-khaines-new-endless-spells-are-almost-too-bloody/

Against any 5 wound hero, that's a 70% chance to just flat-out kill it. Seems pretty stupid. Hopefully it's just another warhammer-community /fail and there is some restriction that you can't use it on heroes, or that you only get to roll 1 dice if you do, or something along those lines. 

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, yukishiro1 said:

GW must have heard this and decided to one-up it with this abomination:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/02/11/the-daughters-of-khaines-new-endless-spells-are-almost-too-bloody/

Against any 5 wound hero, that's a 70% chance to just flat-out kill it. Seems pretty stupid. Hopefully it's just another warhammer-community /fail and there is some restriction that you can't use it on heroes, or that you only get to roll 1 dice if you do, or something along those lines. 

This isn't nearly as bad as hand of dust. Instantly killing a 5 wound hero is not that amazing. There are so many things that kill small heroes easily, and I don't see this appreciably increasing that. Hand of Dust is a terrible mechanic because it has a 50% chance of killing, say, Archaon. If your 5 wound hero gets killed it doesn't basically decide the game on the spot.

• Like 2

How effective it actually is depends on base size, casting value, casting range, movement range, etc. But the point is that it is yet another insta-kill mechanism, and one that works on at least the same probability as hand of death on anything it can kill (50% at 6 wounds, 70% at 5 wounds, 4 wounds and below you're almost guaranteed to kill at least one model). 

Incidentally, the chance of hand of dust working on archaon is almost nothing: only 25% even before factoring in the chances of failing the spell and unbinding. It's like a 20% chance or something silly like that once you factor it all in, less if Nagash is bracketed. If someone is dumb enough to move Nagash into engagement range with Archaon to try to get hand of dust off, the Archaon player should be thanking their lucky stars. 

Edited by yukishiro1

2 hours ago, yukishiro1 said:

How effective it actually is depends on base size, casting value, casting range, movement range, etc. But the point is that it is yet another insta-kill mechanism, and one that works on at least the same probability as hand of death on anything it can kill (50% at 6 wounds, 70% at 5 wounds, 4 wounds and below you're almost guaranteed to kill at least one model). 

Incidentally, the chance of hand of dust working on archaon is almost nothing: only 25% even before factoring in the chances of failing the spell and unbinding. It's like a 20% chance or something silly like that once you factor it all in, less if Nagash is bracketed. If someone is dumb enough to move Nagash into engagement range with Archaon to try to get hand of dust off, the Archaon player should be thanking their lucky stars. 

How is it a 20% chance? It’s literally pick a hand: dice = die, no dice = safe

1 minute ago, Joseph Mackay said:

How is it a 20% chance? It’s literally pick a hand: dice = die, no dice = safe

becasuse a) nagash has to cast; b) unbind has to fail; c) Archaon ignores spells on a 4+; d) player has to pick wrong hand. Already steps c + d give you 25%

11 hours ago, silverstu said:

She looks fantastic! I was hoping for a reveal of the Kurnothi! I wasn't expecting her to be this Aelven though but she's still great! Funnily enough I have grabbed a Namarti reaver to convert into a Kurnothi scout as I thought that would still fit the theme..

But she looks great! Cursed City is just looking amazing model wise so far- I've loved everything I've seen! 

Could be - she still has a soul pod at her waist to link her to the others and there is the question as to wether the horns are worn or grown.. 

Definitely the idea I'm getting .. really looking forward to see if they appear as a full force!

Good catch regarding the soul-pod at her waist. I didn't notice that!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sorrow said:

Interesting, the wounds the enemy takes can not be negated by attacks sigvald makes

thank god that Gotrek can  still  reduce the damage to 1

and thank god that verminous valor can reallocate them instead of negating😂😂.

man, I just love my skaven

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Sorrow said:

"You should definitely plan to pick up a set of those fantastic Hedonites of Slaanesh dice to help you roll more sixes – the Dark Prince would have it no other way"... are they encouraging us to play with unbalanced dice that roll more 6s? Are people cooking dice and that is why I play terribly, not my lack of skill? 🤭

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

22 hours ago, Verminlord said:

Wishlisting here, but I hope we get some cursed city/mordheim style ruined town terrain; possibly alongside or even with the box? Always wanted a set but been too intimated to make my own.

I would be over the moon to have a new terrain set come with the box. Perfect basing materials for Mega Gargants!!

21 hours ago, sandlemad said:

I think this is probably the way they'll be taken, where "Kurnothi" isn't an elf-adjacent 'species' (like the Sylvaneth) or a category for a particular type of mutant elf (like the Scathborn) but simply refers to worshippers of Kurnoth. Some of these elves get blessings in the form of changed limbs or bodies but these aren't their defining thing or rigourously systematised: one might have antlers while another older initiate in the mysteries of the hunting god might have the body of a deer.

I absolutely love this. Could have various animal mixed units such as larger Aelfs covered in fur and claws mimicking bears!!

• Like 2