The Rumour Thread

8 minutes ago, Irvy said:

Hey noob question here.. is it normal for there to be so much new stuff coming out at once? It seems like this is such a busy week or so! Is it a backlog from or something? Thanks

During these COVID times things are a bit different then "usual".  Pre-COVID GW would usually reveal their big release's during various conventions all at once instead of drip feeding us. 

Also it might feel like we are having more stuff because we currently have 3 game systems in the setting (AoS, Warcry and Underworlds) plus we have the new Warhammer Quest game. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, King Under the Mountain said:

I'd say the Broken Realms: Alarielle would be a fitting time for it

seems a natural progression of wanderers and kurnoth were blended together or worked in with each other, and it keeps the Alarielle tie in as well.

On another tangent...

The newborn...

Has anyone thought of the possibility that given how Slaanesh managed to fool the smurfs that he wasn't as free as he was, could the newborn actually be a chunk of himself, a vessel to funnel himself into which is linked to him but free of the elves prison chains, and not a separate being.

Funnelling himself piece by piece into it until the point when Morathi and co turn around and realise that all that's left is the dead skin of a god that was shed long before and finally collapses when he's fully grown/ siphoned himself into his new skin?

probably way off the mark, but worth a thought.

42 minutes ago, dekay said:

I assumed its her own antlers, but really, it is a move away from the Beastgrave crew. She seems right in the middle, aesthetics wise, in between the Underworld Kurnothi and Wanderer range, hence the comment about possible merger.

So far we have sadly not seen any of the cities line merge into a related army and therefore I am not convinced they will merge Kurnothi with the current Wanderers range. But rather I feel they will feature new rules for including 1/4 units of them and continue to have Slyvaenth featured in the Living City. Kind of like what we saw with the Daughters of Khaine in Broken Realms Moarthi. I hope that changes in the long run as I would instantly buy DOK or Lumineth if I could use Corsairs or Phoenix Guard as official parts of the army. I actually don't get why GW went this way as I think it would have made people more interested in jumping aboard newer factions.

I have a feeling that there will be degrees of beast aesthetics with the new Kurnothi range. For example I feel like this new model represents the new waywatchers, who will likely have horns and little else. The fauns of the beastgrave box seemed to be the new wardancers, and the centaurs their equivalent to cavalry. Does that mean there will be some units with no animal features? Only time will tell.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This may have already been pointed out but the Witch Hunter and Aelf are absolutely Mortal Realms proxies for their respective characters in Vermintide.

I wouldn't buy much into a new faction release on the basis of a narrative one shot. Blackstone Fortress was tauted by the designers as an opportunity to play with aspects of the 40k Universe that don't necessarily befit mass tabletop representation but still  deserves some miniature representation and TT focus , I think it's going to be the same with this. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Jeremierty said:

Woah... -1 damage for the DoK endless spell seams pretty strong.. especially against things like ogors or mancrushers with a stomper tribe that rely on high damage strikes :/

Seems like an interesting battletome though ! 

Well it is strongest against D2 armies - all the SCE great weapons will become half as efficient - or the fyreslayers Heartguard berserkers.

17 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

I'm really excited for another Kurnothi model. This greatly increases the chance that Kurnothi will receive a full AoS army one day. That's my most anticipated army.

Besides Hedonites, Kurnothi are my second most hoped after army.

That being said, we are now talking about quite a lot of new armies.

GW has always had stories or even one off miniatures of certain factions that were  never properly fleshed out as standalone factions.