The Rumour Thread

Sigvald is not a Pretender. Pretenders see themselves as successors to Slaanesh.

In Golden Son story, the moment that twin headed snake  appears and orders Sigvald to march alongside Glutos to Excelsis, he obeys instantly.  Even if he and Glutos were on brink of murdering each other a moment before.

They should have made completely new Hosts.

Also, I am now really suspecting that Hedonite rules will not change as a whole in any meaningful way. We will just get some beautiful mortal miniatures.

I hope tomorrow proves me utterly wrong.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Or simply have the Avatars being active on default, because, you know, Morathi is a god now. :)

This please. Avatars are one of the worst units in the game, mostly because they have a chance to do literally nothing in the first 2 rounds.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sorrow said:

Article says that, true.

But that is not a English definition of word pretender.

Host of Pride?

One definition of the word "pretend" is "lay claim to (a quality or title)".  Previously, the pretenders laid claim to the title of godhood, but perhaps now they'll have to settle for laying claim to the spot of "Slannesh's Favored Scion" or something like that.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

An underworlds or warcry warband, maybe, but all underworlds warbands are already planned out for this year.

Small correction but “for this season”. If things return back to normal I’m expecting a new starter set in September/October moving away from Ghur, exploring some other amazing place and introducing new random stuff. It could be tied with the narrative as well.

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

I am curious with the acknowledgment of Morathi taking Anvilgard/Har Kuron if they would be willing to change the name of Cities of Sigmar to Cities of Order

With the same concept they would need to rename Daughters of Khaine to Slaves to Morathi or similar 😂 

I guess Cities of Sigmar was meant as all cities originally described were founded / re-founded by Sigmar’s troops but I agree we would need something more inclusive for future expansions. I’m also pretty sure some cities out there survived the age of chaos, at least in Shyish 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

With the same concept they would need to rename Daughters of Khaine to Slaves to Morathi or similar 😂 

I guess Cities of Sigmar was meant as all cities originally described were founded / re-founded by Sigmar’s troops but I agree we would need something more inclusive for future expansions. I’m also pretty sure some cities out there survived the age of chaos, at least in Shyish 

You must go deeper, we should rename the game Age of Morathi. Sigmar was just keeping the throne warm for our one true Sneklady overlord.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

@Sorrow clearly I somehow messed up with my grammar as it should be plural Age of Morathis.

Unless Morathi was already the plural of Morathus? 😮 

All cool.

I made double posts by mistake when the first one was supposed to play on the character from Resident Evil 8 that has become a meme. 

On 2/9/2021 at 11:40 AM, BaylorCorvette said:

We also know that Soulblight Gravelords are a faction that more than likely is going to be introduced sometime between April - October and almost certainly in 2021. So the question is, will there be another new faction too, in addition to all of the Broken Realms stuff, Soulblight and possibly AoS 3.0?

Now I'm wondering if Soulblight isn't AOS 3.0? The recent Hedonites article said Sigvald wants to get revenge on Nagash, but we got nothing after that leak so I don't really know where to fit Soulblight aside from "most likely releases in tandem with Ulfenkarn" :/

Siege of Excelsis kicking off 3.0 seems most likely, especially if there's only going to be 3 BR books

5 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/02/10/3-decadently-different-ways-to-build-your-hedonite-host/

ULcY0I7OBHfLpCZS.jpg

Seems the subfactions are still the same and fixed to the notion of Slaanesh's imprisonment. It does make me worry that people are correct in speculating that this is just the old Slaanesh rules with some beautiful new mortal models tossed in. The article does end with the promise of future info although it is likely to only focus on the new units.

are those warden's spears off the sprue or elongated?? because the second from the right is so clearly bent... if these are from the sprue i'm kinda glad i didn't buy wardens :(

7 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

are those warden's spears off the sprue or elongated?? because the second from the right is so clearly bent... if these are from the sprue i'm kinda glad i didn't buy wardens :(

Yep. I have no idea why he thought that tiny elongated piece of plastic was a good design choice...

19 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

While the spears are a pain, there is often an issue with the way they take these pictures that artificially makes the pikes look bent.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

While the spears are a pain, there is often an issue with the way they take these pictures that artificially makes the pikes look bent.

Most likely lens distortion and then not correcting it in editing (because broadly speaking most people don't notice it). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CommissarRotke said:

I used to do historical reenactment as a pikeman. Got pretty comfortable marching and fighting with a 16 ft pike. I can confirm they naturally droop to a greater or lesser extent.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Overread said:

Most likely lens distortion and then not correcting it in editing (because broadly speaking most people don't notice it). 

That’d be quite a selective lens distortion ^^
probably those aren‘t the plastic models but the 3D printed masters they usually paint for previews, BT images and the likes. Those models are said to be rather unstable due to the material.

Edited by JackStreicher

31 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

I used to do historical reenactment as a pikeman. Got pretty comfortable marching and fighting with a 16 ft pike. I can confirm they naturally droop to a greater or lesser extent.

Yup. Keeping such a length perfectly straight is an illusion.

For the Lumineth spears, they made sure to put enough places in where it's narrower to get stress risers. Must be a pain to transport, let alone play.

20 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

That’d be quite a selective lens distortion ^^

Well the spears are the only really long straight shapes so they'd show it up; the rest is either misty effect or models with lots of high detail which will obscure such minor distortions. For what its worth I think there is some distortion going on in the shot; if its enough or the cause of the spears or if its natural or converted droop is hard/impossible to tell.