The Rumour Thread

12 minutes ago, SirSalabean said:

Does chaos halflings seem likely then? 

Probably not in the near future, if at all. We are already waiting for too much stuff to come out that is way more likely. In order of significance/likelyhood, so far we are still waiting for:

• Soulblight Gravelords
  • Tyrionic Lumineth
  • Kurnothi
  • Umbraneth
  • Order of Azyr
  • Whatever Grungni is up to
  • Grotbag Scuttlers
  • Chaos Dwarves

And even if GW decided to unexpectedly introduce chaos halflings into the game, it probably would not be as a full faction. An underworlds or warcry warband, maybe, but all underworlds warbands are already planned out for this year.

• Like 3

Remember Old World is only just about to get their first Cathay models through Warhammer Total War 3 - and that's after 30 years of Old World. GW will always have factions, races, concepts that are present in the lore or in art or one off model releases which never translate to a full army or to a component of a full army. Be keen by all means, but don't set your heart on the hinted and the unreleased. Do keep your mind and collection in the now, if just to tide you over for the months/years/decades you might have to wait. 

• Like 5

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/02/10/3-decadently-different-ways-to-build-your-hedonite-host/

ULcY0I7OBHfLpCZS.jpg

Seems the subfactions are still the same and fixed to the notion of Slaanesh's imprisonment. It does make me worry that people are correct in speculating that this is just the old Slaanesh rules with some beautiful new mortal models tossed in. The article does end with the promise of future info although it is likely to only focus on the new units.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Sad 3

Interesting that there's no much mention of the new baby - I wonder if that means GW is hiding some subfactions from us or if they are intending it to be a new mystery that won't be resolved for some time yet.

They also show that a Lord of Pain being a general lets you take the new heavy infantry mortals as Battleline which is a great thing for those who want to do a mortal themed force. Seekers being a subfaction still makes me pleased! 

The only new thing is that pretenders lore has been changed in some fashion. 

edit:Nevermind, noticed that the Lord of Pain makes our elites dudes battleline.

Pretenders

Some particularly glorious champions simply will not tolerate the eyes of the Dark Prince on anyone but themselves *cough* Sigvald *cough* and will fight all the harder for it.

Edited by shinros
  • LOVE IT! 1

30 minutes ago, Overread said:

Remember Old World is only just about to get their first Cathay models through Warhammer Total War 3 - and that's after 30 years of Old World. GW will always have factions, races, concepts that are present in the lore or in art or one off model releases which never translate to a full army or to a component of a full army. Be keen by all means, but don't set your heart on the hinted and the unreleased. Do keep your mind and collection in the now, if just to tide you over for the months/years/decades you might have to wait. 

22 years I waited for the Sons. By Behemat was it worth it. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

i am still trying to find a convincing way to prove to myself I could buy a box of these to use for COS allies in my stormcast 😭 they're such good models

Could you not buy a unit of Executioners/Blackguard, Shadow Warriors/Sisters of the Watch and use the heads you are not using on these? Or you could instead do Hammerers/Long Beards!

It might need some greenstuff, clipping and filing which are all skill outside of my own pay grade 😉

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/02/10/3-decadently-different-ways-to-build-your-hedonite-host/

ULcY0I7OBHfLpCZS.jpg

Seems the subfactions are still the same and fixed to the notion of Slaanesh's imprisonment. It does make me worry that people are correct in speculating that this is just the old Slaanesh rules with some beautiful new mortal models tossed in. The article does end with the promise of future info although it is likely to only focus on the new units.

Honestly it will suck if it’s just the same rules with some new warscrolls thrown in. Hopefully at the very least those new warscrolls can move Slaanesh away from the one boring build around summoning they have 

Also, interestingly, no mention of depravity at all in that article. Normally the hosts have their own unique ways to generate, and you'd think that'd be mentioned, but nothing at all. 

Maybe I'm looking to much into it, but I hope this means a depravity change 😛

3 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I think the old hosts on their own were fine - minor ways to benefits and flavourful ways to build an army. Shame there's no massive change, but the only thing that really needs to change is depravity. 

As @Overread pointed out I am disappointed that there was not a host for the infant. Baby Sitters of Slaanesh or some such?

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Also, interestingly, no mention of depravity at all in that article. Normally the hosts have their own unique ways to generate, and you'd think that'd be mentioned, but nothing at all. 

Maybe I'm looking to much into it, but I hope this means a depravity change 😛

There 100% has to be  a depravity change or no one will want to buy and field all those new mortal models.

I just hope its not "now depravity is only generated by mortals" kind of change :P

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Overread said:

There 100% has to be  a depravity change or no one will want to buy and field all those new mortal models.

I just hope its not "now depravity is only generated by mortals" kind of change :P

Very true :P even if it was a super 'lazy' "you can only generate a maximum of 20 depravity a round", it'd go a long way to stop keeper spam

I'm just hopeful that they've not mentioned depravity points once - not in this article or the Metawatch one  

Edit: then again, I'm not sure if they're a bit embarrassed of them - early 2019 Slaanesh was a bit overturned to say the least...

Edited by Enoby

2 minutes ago, Overread said:

They've not mentioned a lot of things though - spells, new warscrolls in detail, artifacts, any other subfactions, battalions. 

Heck DoK have had even less and they aren't getting a halfdozen new models at the same time. 

I am probably grasping at straws, but I need something to give me hope that we're getting rid of Depravity in its current form!

Edited by Enoby

Seems Sigmar tries to retake the city and fails. Unless the warhammer community is messing up the lore again and rehashing broken realms incorrectly. 

Even though the God-King sent a great army to retake the city, Anvilgard remains in Morathi’s hands, renamed Har Kuron, the City of Scales. 

Edited by shinros
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, Ragest said:

I am curious with the acknowledgment of Morathi taking Anvilgard/Har Kuron if they would be willing to change the name of Cities of Sigmar to Cities of Order or some other broader title to reflect the possibility of various gods being worshiped and followed in the cities?

It also gives me hope that the rules for Har Kuron will continue to be supported as I am very into the idea of running a Melussai/Corsair themed army.

Also as an aside does Morathi preclude running Melusai as battleline? It is sad that I cannot build a pure snake army around the snake lady god.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 5

37 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Also as an aside does Morathi preclude running Melusai as battleline? It is sad that I cannot build a pure snake army around the snake lady god.

The Snake Lady god also does nothing for Avatars of herself... you‘d expect them to live starting with turn one, but they don‘t interact with her presence at all.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

The Snake Lady god also does nothing for Avatars of herself... you‘d expect them to live starting with turn one, but they don‘t interact with her presence at all.

I am afraid that stacking even more bonuses on an already close-to-auto-take element would only worsen list variety. I hope the new battletome provides valuable alternatives for DoK.

• Confused 2