The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Causalis said:

I fully expect to see some centerpiece model for the Soulblight Gravelords. Could be a monster. New monstrous infantry (Skinwolves?) would be dope as well!

Werewolf infantry with a Mancrusher sized Werewolf Behemoth would be sick as. 

22 minutes ago, Ratboy genius said:

I'm doing my part!

*Remembers Mongoose Publishing's Starship Troopers game 😔

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Werewolf infantry with a Mancrusher sized Werewolf Behemoth would be sick as. 

*Remembers Mongoose Publishing's Starship Troopers game 😔

Werewolves I think were claimed by chaos in the lore, which is a pity as fw have wiped skinwolves out together with other stuff.

I’d love to be wrong of course.

Im still hoping for a barrow wights/medieval dead skeleton army. I still remember  Mordini’s doomed legion  fondly.

• LOVE IT! 1

30 minutes ago, NotAWzrd said:

It’d be awesome if an expansion for the Cursed City includes an undead Mancrusher or something equivalent to the Dreaded Ambull in Blackstone Fortress. 

From what little knowledge I can gleam it will have 5 expansions, the final boss so to speak is in the last.  We should expect a similar format to black stone fortress. I couldn’t get an answer if it’s all undead though. Just that expansions will be “challenging encounters” or allies of sorts 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Could be.

But so close to Broken Realms : Morathi and Daughters Of Khaine new Battletome ? And Lumineth Battletome and Broken Realms : Teclis ? And rumors of new Idoneth and Kurnothi ? I think he is far off. And what about Tyrion ?

Also, I was specifically referring to that Broken Realms article which only mentioned Morathi (check), Teclis (check) and Alarielle (... 😛). 

BTW I like what they are doing with Broken Realms. I wouldn't mind having BR : Malerion, Tyrion, Kurnoth, etc. on top of the three books already rumored. I just don't think it's very likely !

Yeah it definitely looks that way to me - the 3 BR books setting up the new edition, hoping Alarielle brings news of the Kurnothi. Malerion seems further off, I think his faction will be the major order release in 3rd along with a  Grungni duardin faction. One thing I haven't seen are rumours of Kurnothi - plenty of hope so far [mostly from me!😂] - but maybe the Alarielle BR will establish him and his forces back in the lore . 

AoS 3 seems to be Destruction vs ? I think CoS would be brilliant with some Stormcast and regular troops supporting them. Gravelords coming before or after 3rd is another question- could see them arriving before due to Cursed City and the potato cam reveal of the female vamp. 

I can't see them not releasing  AoS v3 this year- their sales and finances depend on the the three year cycle and last year didn't stop them releasing the new 40k. AoS might be a little later than they had planned but I'm guessing definitely this year -Aug/sept?

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, silverstu said:

Yeah it definitely looks that way to me - the 3 BR books setting up the new edition, hoping Alarielle brings news of the Kurnothi. Malerion seems further off, I think his faction will be the major order release in 3rd along with a  Grungni duardin faction. One thing I haven't seen are rumours of Kurnothi - plenty of hope so far [mostly from me!😂] - but maybe the Alarielle BR will establish him and his forces back in the lore . 

AoS 3 seems to be Destruction vs ? I think CoS would be brilliant with some Stormcast and regular troops supporting them. Gravelords coming before or after 3rd is another question- could see them arriving before due to Cursed City and the potato cam reveal of the female vamp. 

I can't see them not releasing  AoS v3 this year- their sales and finances depend on the the three year cycle and last year didn't stop them releasing the new 40k. AoS might be a little later than they had planned but I'm guessing definitely this year -Aug/sept?

Hmmm, I feel you on most of these points, but I will continue to stick my fingers in my ears and shout lalala until Malerion's Aelves release by pointing out that Necrons were featured in the final Psychic Awakening and then kicked off the new edition. As such, I am willing to believe that we will get Broken Realms Malerion/Grungni/Something else that will lead into the next edition. Yes Necrons were a pre-established range with rules and models... but... but...
😢
...everyone wants Malus Darkblade back!

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Hmmm, I feel you on most of these points, but I will continue to stick my fingers in my ears and shout lalala until Malerion's Aelves release by pointing out that Necrons were featured in the final Psychic Awakening and then kicked off the new edition. As such, I am willing to believe that we will get Broken Realms Malerion/Grungni/Something else that will lead into the next edition. Yes Necrons were a pre-established range with rules and models... but... but...
😢

Well my reasoning that Malerions Aelves are a way off [and I'm thinking middle of 2022] is because GW will want to make a big deal about it and give it plenty of space. The Lumineth are still a big thing and then a big AoS v3 launch featuring destruction will carry the first 6 months. Malerion's faction will be probably the last major Aelven faction  [Kurnothi won't be quite a big a deal although they are what I'm looking forward to Aelf wise], so GW will have it as a prominent release the way the Lumineth where planned to be of AoS2 [mid cycle -ish]. 

So you might have to wait a little longer but you'll probably get a bigger release. .. to my thinking anyway ...

• Like 1

@silverstu I was just kidding around, I know that it will likely be awhile but I am still holding out hope as it would make a fantastic conclusion to the Broken Realms campaign.  Kurnothi Aelves are much more likely and would make a fantastic update to the line and I have a friend genuinely holding off on collecting a new army until they release. But I selfishly want Malerion as I am a former Dark Elf player and looking forward to seeing a potential range refresh. Also as I stated in numerous previous posts I would suspect that Malerion's presence would likely only factor in as a narrative conclusion opening up to the eventual release of his faction. Much like Teclis factoring into the penumbral engine narratives.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, silverstu said:

Well my reasoning that Malerions Aelves are a way off [and I'm thinking middle of 2022] is because GW will want to make a big deal about it and give it plenty of space. The Lumineth are still a big thing and then a big AoS v3 launch featuring destruction will carry the first 6 months. Malerion's faction will be probably the last major Aelven faction  [Kurnothi won't be quite a big a deal although they are what I'm looking forward to Aelf wise], so GW will have it as a prominent release the way the Lumineth where planned to be of AoS2 [mid cycle -ish]. 

So you might have to wait a little longer but you'll probably get a bigger release. .. to my thinking anyway ...

But what if Malerion's army IS a Destruction one? Could they be the main villains of AoS3?

Actually my previous theory was that Malerion is now Chaos so I clearly don't know what I'm talking about.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Malerion/Grungni/Something else that will lead into the next edition. Yes Necrons were a pre-established range with rules and models... but... but...
😢

Broken Realms Thanqoul.

because skaven have been waiting for almost 15years for an update in models (excluding end times)

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Raviv said:

But what if Malerion's army IS a Destruction one? Could they be the main villains of AoS3?

Actually my previous theory was that Malerion is now Chaos so I clearly don't know what I'm talking about.

It would certainly give Destruction some much needed love and expand the range in  a new direction.

I really like the grot range (love the trogs & mega gargants), but personally i feel that Iron jaw & bone splitters are a bit samey.

I can't see where they'd go with the Uruk model range. I feel they have backed themselves into a corner.

That's why I was excited by the Silent People rumours. A new concept!

...and obviously sky-pirate gobbos 😉

• Like 1

Its hard to know what a new edition actually means now. 7th to 8th in 40k and 1st to 2nd in AoS had some really big changes. 8th to 9th 40k has been minor. Battletomes / codexes carry between editions now too.

I wonder if now it's more of a marketing thing than anything else. A new edition being a time when lapsed / curious players are more likely to get back in.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Broken Realms Thanqoul.

because skaven have been waiting for almost 15years for an update in models (excluding end times)

This! ****** those damn Aelves. You know how annoying "Aelf this, Aelf that" is by this point? They're AoS Primaris Captains by now. Obviously that is more a problem of the slow release pattern of last year (as all major factions like SoB, Slaanesh and especially Aelfs annoy me by now) but still....

Skaven, Seraphon, dwarf, or orruk updates are much more needed at this point than more aelves. And if we talk aelves and their kin, then add some kits to the existing small ranges than go for another gigantic release like Malerion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

33 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Its hard to know what a new edition actually means now. 7th to 8th in 40k and 1st to 2nd in AoS had some really big changes. 8th to 9th 40k has been minor. Battletomes / codexes carry between editions now too.

I wonder if now it's more of a marketing thing than anything else. A new edition being a time when lapsed / curious players are more likely to get back in.

I agree. As someone who isnt a competitive gamer I have heard from many that AOS 2.0 is currently in quite a good place, some small corrections and a rule here or there is needed so I could see 3.0 being to AOS what 9th has been to 40K. Perhaps the biggest change may be a larger emphasis on Siege rules. 

30 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

There is a pattern with the releases of GW rule books. Vince Venturella did a video about it. Basically, they usually go in three books cycles. The first book makes big, sweeping changes, and the following one or two books refine the newly established formula. I would suspect AoS 3 to be more of a refinement than a big paradigm shift.

If nothing else, new editions are a way to make core rules changes. I personally believe that's their best use, too. Core rules should probably be treated as fairly constant for the life span of an edition, just so that the game can mature and that we can actually get a good idea of what works and what does not.

12 hours ago, Hellhound said:

From what little knowledge I can gleam it will have 5 expansions, the final boss so to speak is in the last.  We should expect a similar format to black stone fortress. I couldn’t get an answer if it’s all undead though. Just that expansions will be “challenging encounters” or allies of sorts 

It would be disappointing if the boss isn’t in the main game. Expansions are nice, but I want the core came to feel like a complete story. Expensions could explore the city/setting further, but I’d hate it if you have to get the expansions to complete the main narrative. 
expansions should, IMO, be used to add fun stuff and maybe some things that have been in lore but never a model. Like the ambull and lizard-centaur-alien for 40k. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

New Slaanesh article on our new favourite Champion, also Glutos Orscollion is featured:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/02/09/take-a-closer-look-at-glutos-orscollions-disturbingly-detailed-centrepiece-model/

AtVPKpnfONzzi5jH.png

I love the fact that first Halfling in AoS is wearing BDSM clothes and is a follower of Slaanesh.

Of course, Halflings will have new copyrightable name for their race.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

38 minutes ago, Sorrow said:

I love the fact that first Halfling in AoS is wearing BDSM clothes and is a follower of Slaanesh.

Of course, Halflings will have new copyrightable name for their race.

I wonder where they will turn up next- CoS unit maybe or maybe as an unseen hero in Cursed city [or even undead/vampire halflings..]

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, silverstu said:

Who knows..maybe the Wolf is actually two vampire halflings under a big coat and thats the true horror of Cursed City... they bite you on your knees not your neck so you don't see them coming..

Cannibal Halflings are already a Dark Sun thing, but they were not vampiric there.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1