The Rumour Thread

30 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

New Slaanesh article on our new favourite Champion, also Glutos Orscollion is featured:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/02/09/take-a-closer-look-at-glutos-orscollions-disturbingly-detailed-centrepiece-model/

AtVPKpnfONzzi5jH.png

I am seriously annoyed at this point. 

We are 9 days away from a complete overhaul of an army we know nothing about. The model is gorgeous. They all are. We saw they were gorgeous when you unveiled them ages ago.

Tell us what these things DO, GW. Give us something - ANYTHING - to prove this won't be a repeat of "six heroes leaning on broken, disjointed, unfun summoning mechanics skewed against multi wound lists."

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Nasrod said:

We are 9 days away from a complete overhaul of an army we know nothing about. The model is gorgeous. They all are. We saw they were gorgeous when you unveiled them ages ago.

Tell us what these things DO, GW. Give us something - ANYTHING - to prove this won't be a repeat of "six heroes leaning on broken, disjointed, unfun summoning mechanics skewed against multi wound lists."

I'm really hoping for some rules too - just a quick look at an attack profile and a few abilities would be enough! 

That said, I did enjoy the article. 

23 minutes ago, Beastmaster said:

Too gaunt for an Ogor face, if you ask me. I’d say a Gargant‘s head.

What if...its a banner pole on the back of a creature that would have cause to kill a Mancrusher in a display of Bigga is Best? What if the Club RE from a few months ago is from the same kit? What if...King Brodd is stomping into the Mortal Realms!?

21 minutes ago, Nasrod said:

+1

Edit: At this point it's time to know what they can actually do (might also drive sales)

Edited by JackStreicher

4 hours ago, Chikout said:

I am still convinced we won't see AoS 3 this summer. We haven't had so much as a sniff of official news of a new edition. There have been no logo changes or anything. 

Gw is still suffering severe delays to their product. We lost about three months last year and the big 40k releases got moved up schedule which has resulted in a 4 month delay to AoS releases. This year we have lost another 4 weeks due to the biweekly release format. 

When the broken realms series was first previewed it was explicitly stated that all factions would be involved. After book 2,  which we still don't have a date for, we won't even be half done. I expect 4 books at a minimum and probably even 5.

With Slaanesh, DoK and Lumineth the first half of the year has a pretty firm AoS bias and that's not counting underworlds and cursed city. 

I think the big summer release this year will be for 40k, possibly the big Ork revamp that has been hinted at. I could see a winter release but it makes more sense to wait til next summer. If they have 5 broken realms books and release one a quarter that would bring us perfectly to a release of AoS 3 next summer. 

As for this week's preorder,  the size isn't unprecedented. The stormcast and nighthaunt battletomes launched simultaneously alongside 7 boxed sets and all the accessories. The Sylvaneth and Ironjawz both got all their releases in a single week when they first came out. 

Heretical thoughts (:P). The logo change probably means nothing, as for AOS1 to 2 it was GW nailing their definition of AOS, and for 40k 8th to 9th, it probably was GW looking to put 40k on line with AOS, TOW and Middle Earth (all new logos).

There is a HUGE official hint a new edition is coming : the Broken Realms series. It has its own website and says "The Mortal Realms will never be the same again" which is the EXACT same catch phrase GW used with Malign Portents and Psychic Awakening (and not with things like Vigilus or Wrath of the Everchosen).

Other "official" intel : Broken Realms Teclis is about the end of the "Soul Wars", AOS 2nd ed. narrative arc started with Malign Portents. Since Forbidden Power and Gordrakk stealing that Godbeast Skull, we have more and more hints and references of DESTRUCTION RISING, so the start of a new narrative arc, heralding a new edition.

Last but not least, GW current releases cycles seems to be about three years an edition. And the Stormcast Battletome will also be three years old this summer.........

Oh and the FAQ Fiasco. It could also be interpreted as a stopgap before a whole set of FAQs with point changes going up with a new edition this summer (exactly like 40k 9th !). 

It's been said many times already, but Broken Realms was said to "affect every factions" but only "some major factions", i.e. not ALL factions, would get rules. So it could mean that every factions would be affected at least in the lore, seeing the magnitude of the events in the series (even so if it heralds a new edition / narrative arc).

And the first announcement talked about the Aelven Pantheon breaking things up and listed Morathi, Teclis and Alarielle. We now are at Morathi and Teclis confirmed.

Finally, only three books (i.e. Alarielle coming before this summer, like around May) would lead us right to the perfect time for a New-edition-summer-big release (around August, taking into account COVID). 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, zilberfrid said:

This must be a halfling, right?

I have hopped off the Chaos Dwarf Bandwagon straight onto the Chaos Halfling Bandwagon. I love that the article is being coy with the identity of our little champion of Slaanesh as they try and come up with a new trademarked name for Halflings/Hobbits. 

I assume they will be something like Dimidiumians or some other mixture of Latin/Greek roots with a random suffix attached. All joking aside I would be very excited to see halflings represented in AOS either as a stand alone faction or in Cities of Sigmar and other such related armies.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Ragest said:

Don't forget about Malerion

Could be.

But so close to Broken Realms : Morathi and Daughters Of Khaine new Battletome ? And Lumineth Battletome and Broken Realms : Teclis ? And rumors of new Idoneth and Kurnothi ? I think he is far off. And what about Tyrion ?

Also, I was specifically referring to that Broken Realms article which only mentioned Morathi (check), Teclis (check) and Alarielle (... 😛). 

BTW I like what they are doing with Broken Realms. I wouldn't mind having BR : Malerion, Tyrion, Kurnoth, etc. on top of the three books already rumored. I just don't think it's very likely !

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I have hopped off the Chaos Dwarf Bandwagon straight onto the Chaos Halfling Bandwagon. I love that the article is being coy with the identity of our little champion of Slaanesh as they try and come up with a new trademarked name for Halflings/Hobbits. 

I assume they will be something like Dimidiumians or some other mixture of Latin/Greek roots with a random suffix attached. All joking aside I would be very excited to see halflings represented in AOS either as a stand alone faction or in Cities of Sigmar and other such related armies.

I saw the term "Blissbrew Homonculus" used...

"Is the little fellow in the tight leather a halfling or a homonculus" - the greatest thread in the history of forums, locked by a moderator after 12,239 pages of heated debate,

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Could be.

But so close to Broken Realms : Morathi and Daughters Of Khaine new Battletome ? And Lumineth Battletome and Broken Realms : Teclis ? And rumors of new Idoneth and Kurnothi ? I think he is far off. And what about Tyrion ?

Also, I was specifically referring to that Broken Realms article which only mentioned Morathi (check), Teclis (check) and Alarielle (... 😛). 

BTW I like what they are doing with Broken Realms. I wouldn't mind having BR : Malerion, Tyrion, Kurnoth, etc. on top of the three books already rumored. I just don't think it's very likely !

Maybe we are talking about different article, but in this one Malerion is mentioned aswell (and the first one). My friends still think that I'm some type of sorcerer because i said next BR would be Teclis based on that in December.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/07/27/the-aelven-pantheon/

Edited by Ragest

Just now, Ragest said:

Maybe we are talking about different article, but in this one Malerion is mentioned aswell (and the first one). My friends still think that I'm some type of sorcerer because i said next BR would be Teclis based on that.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/07/27/the-aelven-pantheon/

Yeah I am talking about the Broken Realms announcement : 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/08/22/warhammer-preview-online-shadow-iron-broken-realms/

The aelven gods are rising up to challenge the might of Chaos and the growing power of Death – but like Sigmar’s pantheon before them, they are riven by mistrust and each pursues their own goals and schemes. Teclis, ever aloof and arrogant, seeks to single-handedly save the Mortal Realms. Allarielle, fickle as the seasons, turns on allies as well as enemies, attacking explorers and settlers across Ghyran. And as for Morathi… well, she has a very definite goal in mind – godhood. True to form, she doesn’t intend to let anything stand in her way.

I can't see Morathi and Malerion in the same series (they don't get along well 😛 )

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nasrod said:

I'm starting to fear the book is gonna be the same book we already have with the mortals tacked in, and the little information we have does nothing to point otherwise

Edited by Benkei

6 minutes ago, Benkei said:

I'm starting to fear the book is gonna be the same book we already have with the mortals tacked in, and the little information we have does nothing to point otherwise

This is my fear too. That said, if all they do is change depravity points to not encourage keeper spam, it's not an awful book. 

Yeah, it has some boring parts here and there, but the core book and warscroll are fine besides the fact that depravity dictates your army. If it could be gathered from anything or if it had a cap per turn, the book would allow for more interesting combos and lists. Even fiends, which are considered meh and never uses, aren't awful stats wise they're just not worth the points when a keeper does their job and summons from it. 

4 hours ago, Nasrod said:

In 4 days we get the pre-order launching and will likely get several "guy flips through book on youtube" videos which will reveal most for eagle eyed people. In general I suspect that's why GW isn't pushing rules reveals at this stage. We've also all of next week when its on pre-order for them to tempt us with more information. 

I wouldn't worry too much, it will be what it is. 

• Like 6