The Rumour Thread

51 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I'm wondering, with most of the rumour engines linking to WHQ, does this lessen the chance of a big Death release as it seems most Death rumour engines are for this?

If the specullation is correct and all those death models end being part of the gravelords faction, you could say that the rumors enginees are for a big death release, it just happened that they released part of the models a little earlier in a separetd game. The narrative so far even seens like a good way to show what the gravelords do with cities and things like that.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

I guess I would not be surprised to see boxes of these new skeletons and the zombies that have been hinted at in support of some plastic vampires.

Which I would love to see, honestly. I have yet to buy a Battletome and form a proper army--all of my involvement so far has been Warhammer Quest and Underworlds. A Gravelords Tome might be the first I would jump at.

• Like 2

Also if you switch some textures (northalnder into skellies, skaven to some vampiric monsters and rats) you get a perfect intro to WHQ: Cursed City.

(heck just give Hardin engineer skyhook instead of mini organ gun, and give salty boy some of the Sienna's treatment so he resembles more of a new vampire hunter)

Or they could maybe do that with an actual miniatures:

Edited by eciu

2 hours ago, Yokai said:

New WarCom article about the history of Beastmen. Maybe the Slaangor picture is previously unseen?

KnowYourGors Feb13 Slaangors0ck5

2 hours ago, Still-young said:

That’s the Slaangor photo from when they revealed them.  
edit: new art though

4281045B-6005-4C97-8AD7-AB008D12C51B.png

Stupid Sexy Slaangor! We have talked about it a number of times on this thread but I really hope Khornegors and Pestigors fit into different Beast niches. Pestigors based around Ungors would be great speedy front line chaff spreading infection before the heavy and durable Nurgle army reaches the target. Khronegors in their history were essentially Bestigors already, but I would love them to be the heavily armoured and durable troops choice for a Beasts list as it would give them an interesting niche in both their respective armies. 

It is funny that this article comes off the tail (get it) of people worrying over the fate of Beasts of Chaos. Not only are they an amazing legacy army with deep ties to the history of the company they seem to be fairly popular. If anything they seem to be getting used more and more in non Beasts armies as God Specific battalions. But as a fan of Chaos Undivided I am intensely bias as I think they are the second best and most iconic faction next to Slaves To Darkness and I really wish the two were better integrated into one another like in the days of old. I will say my Chaos army feels sadly incomplete sans Dragon Ogres. I personally feel like the Mark of the General (Starting general in the case of Ravagers) should give a 1/4 alliance with the associated God of the army, and Undivided generals should get the ability to ally with Beasts of Chaos! If they did this I garuntee at least one person using it as the starting point of a Beasts army list. Also going off of this article I think 40k Beastmen or Dark Mechanicus might convince me to take a walk on the Sci-fi side!

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 4

53 minutes ago, Aleser said:

Part of Direchasm warband

w6FKtfHKMlIbngg6.jpg

MHFqelyi7ctVWaFK.jpg

All I can see are terminators dual wielding lightning claws. Ride the lightning!

Anyone notice that the teeth in his mouth look identical to the ardboy's teeth from season 1 of underworlds? Not just similar, but an exact copy paste? 

Edit - nevermind, the top 4 are the same, but the bottom has a different number. They just look similar.

Edited by Ggom

14 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I don't think it'll be limited, at least not for a few years. Once the next Warhammer Quest rolls around they might discontinue it ALA Silver Tower and Hammerhall but you won't need to be up at 10am spamming F5 desperately.

There might be stock issues initially though. A lot of independent stockists didn't get resupplies of Blood Bowl for a short while, although you could/can get it from them direct without issue (just no spicy discount).

GW underestimate orders a lot, so after the initial release there may be a shortage. They might do the thing they did with blood bowl where you can order and they send it you later 

Lgs were able to do the second order thing at discount too I think?

28 minutes ago, Hellhound said:

GW underestimate orders a lot, so after the initial release there may be a shortage. They might do the thing they did with blood bowl where you can order and they send it you later 

Lgs were able to do the second order thing at discount too I think?

Nah, they don’t underestimate orders, they want you to make an order because you are afraid that you can’t get it if you wait xD

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Harpo2 said:

Anyone notice he painted his fingernails turquoise.

Savage Orruks are the fashionistas of Orruk society.

Also is the skull hanging off his neck from something?

The hanging skull is the spitting image of a real cat skull with extra large canines. So I assume it’s a frostsaber skull.