The Rumour Thread

These look fantastic! Really excited about Cursed City- the sculpts so far have been amazing, I'd be getting it as a collector/painter first so these really hit the spot.  I wonder how many you'll get in the box given there are the wolf/vamps and zombies as well.. Soulblight is looking very tempting...

Love the storyline as well, the Cursed Cryer looks to be a regular highlight of the week.. they showed more than I expected, thought we'd get just a hero and no minions.. but ts looking good so far!!

Edited by silverstu

That's 5/5 great sculpts from cursed city so far. I  Can't wait to see what else they show. The new Skeletons look like the would blend quite well with the sepulchral guard. I do hope though that they have a good variety of undead units. Some people weren't fans but I loved that in silver tower we got so many different enemy types. I wasn't impressed by  the decision to include 14 guardsmen in Blackstone fortress. I hope we get no more than 10 Skeletons and 10 zombies plus a good variety of weird undead creatures. 

I am very happy that this is going to be a weekly thing. I wonder when we will see the final release. April? 

I’m really happy with the love and effort they are putting into Gravelords, becasue, let’s be honest, they are going to sell tons of it anyway, but Gravelords could be the first approximation to some new players to AoS, and that’s good for all.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Chikout said:

That's 5/5 great sculpts from cursed city so far. I  Can't wait to see what else they show. The new Skeletons look like the would blend quite well with the sepulchral guard. I do hope though that they have a good variety of undead units. Some people weren't fans but I loved that in silver tower we got so many different enemy types. I wasn't impressed by  the decision to include 14 guardsmen in Blackstone fortress. I hope we get no more than 10 Skeletons and 10 zombies plus a good variety of weird undead creatures. 

I am very happy that this is going to be a weekly thing. I wonder when we will see the final release. April? 

Yeah I'm thinking an April release. On numbers I'd say 7-8 Skeletons and 14-15 zombies- definitely more Zombies than skeletons.. I wonder if there will be any big critters as well as small critters? Maybe ghouls we haven't seen yet as well? Theres also the possibility of expansions adding undead to the game - maybe a Vargulf type creature mirroring the Ambull set..

Really looking forward to seeing how they fill out the villains.. 

The one thing you can not knock GW for is the ever more impressive models, they are truly unrivaled and very rarely miss the mark. The ones that dont work are at least bold and show they are willing to try new sculpt ideas. Cant wait to see the rest of Cursed City.

• Like 9

28 minutes ago, silverstu said:

Yeah I'm thinking an April release.

You very well could be correct. They said they are doing a new weekly article to look at the Heroes and Villain's of Cursed City. There are 7 Heroes and 3 Villain's left to be announced. Assuming they do 1 per week that is 10 weeks from now. Putting April 12-16 the last week for an article. So maybe preorder April 17 or 24 or the start of May.

Ironically April is the month for the Soulblight Underworlds Warband. Maybe April/May will be the time of Soulblight with Cursed City, Underworlds and Soulblight Gravelords, though I suspect Soulblight Gravelords will be a bit later, with DoK and Slaanesh getting a new BT this month and BR: Teclis likely coming out in April/May.

Edited by BaylorCorvette
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Overread said:

those are awesome skeletons! 

As for Gravelords and Soulblight it could still be on the fence, they blend well and would give the vampires a good troop optoin; but we'll just have ot see. Also remember that the rpg game is going to have allies together so what appears united there might be separate in the main game. Just look at the good side, its all units from different forces. 

No way that they aren't part of the faction. Their armor design and paint scheme picks up with the Vampires we've seen already.

Also I can't imagine the term "Gravelord" not lumping in skeletons.

1 hour ago, BaylorCorvette said:

You very well could be correct. They said they are doing a new weekly article to look at the Heroes and Villain's of Cursed City. There are 7 Heroes and 3 Villain's left to be announced. Assuming they do 1 per week that is 10 weeks from now. Putting April 12-16 the last week for an article. So maybe preorder April 17 or 24 or the start of May.

Ironically April is the month for the Soulblight Underworlds Warband. Maybe April/May will be the time of Soulblight with Cursed City, Underworlds and Soulblight Gravelords, though I suspect Soulblight Gravelords will be a bit later, with DoK and Slaanesh getting a new BT this month and BR: Teclis likely coming out in April/May.

Lumineth is coming March and because it’s delayed one month, you just have to check the WD for this month, they are not going to spoil a story that will de released within two months.

And remember, New Year’s Eve stream said that all minis shown on that video (lumineth and warhammer quest) will be released early 2021