The Rumour Thread

I definitely get a Dwarf/duardin feel off that- maybe a Grungni/Valaya new faction or norse dwarfs maybe? There is the shape of a mountain on the skirting/edge the shields are attached too. For some reason I get a Nordic/Russian feel to the marks with them [rather than the Celtic knottwork] .  Looks like it could be off the edge of a war machine  or war beast. Could be squats too..

But yes Dwarfs this week Nids last week.. the future is looking promising! Need some Kurnothi next to complete the set...

2 hours ago, Ragest said:

@willange yeah that’s interesting.

BR Morathi: Ulgu and Aqshy

BR Teclis: Hysh and Shyish

BR Alarielle (?): Ghyram and Chamon (?)

Siege of excelsis (not sure if BR or 3.0): Ghur and Azyr

Hoping for Alarielle and a return of Kurnoth/Kurnothi through it.. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, silverstu said:

Hoping for Alarielle and a return of Kurnoth/Kurnothi through it.. 

That would actually be so fun!  Imagine her book bringing them into an expanded Sylvaneth faction!  I mean, I could definitely see the argument for them being their own thing, but Sylvaneth isn't a huge faction and expanding it with non-trees could be really fun.  What's the lore on how Kurnothi are created?  Would this be her somehow stepping in to help stabilize Slaanesh and getting souls of her own?  Surely not as that hasn't happened yet and Kurnothi already exist.  I assume they're basically wanderers who undergo some type of transformation, but I'm not sure if that's correct.  Anyone know?

Alarielle having a share in Slaanesh puke of souls would be an addition. I guess Kurnothi are Wanderers who worship Kurnoth because Alarielle isn't welcoming and get mutations because Kurnoth is a weirdo with a slight case of death-question-mark.

Sylvaneth were simply created by Alarielle. We don't have a creation myth for the Wanderers, looks like they were present during the Age of Myth so they predate Slaanesh's imprisonment. There is still a lot of room for GW to write room for the Sylvaneth lore.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Grim Beasties said:

Maybe it's something to do with this?

FB_IMG_1612278770358.jpg

Oh hell yes this is definitely Duardin!!

5 hours ago, Sigmarusvult said:

It s obviously the beard of a mechanical mega gargant from a  duardin cogs army

Oh you mean to say they created monsters to fight monsters...Mortal Realms Pacific Rim!!

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, mojojojo101 said:

Hopefully Nagash is able to show some actual power in BR: Teclis, at the moment he just feels like a bit of a kids cartoon villain in that we keep being told how powerful and scary he is but anytime someone fights him he losses dreadfully. Even when he does get results it seems to be more because he asked Katakros/Olynder/Arkhan to do it for him.

I present you with Sigmar Battling Nagash!

mcg-wont-direct-the-he-man-movie-600x400

Nagash poses an immediate and massive threat when he wins. A victory for Nagash holds consequences that are far greater than most other armies. For example if Nagash wins he will likely kill and subject the enemy to his will, as deathly thralls. Whereas if a Chaos God wins their siblings will come out of the woodwork and they will immediately undermine one another. I think that Nagash should win something soon but it is in the nature of immortal gods to overcome death... I actually think it would be a cool way to introduce undead Duardin or Aelves into AOS would be for Nagash to strike back and take a massive victory and then convert the victims into undead. Maybe undead Aelves can become Luminous  beautiful angelic spirits upon death* and I can finally get my dream twisted renaissance angel army! 😇

*If GW has any sense of market research they would know that we would really want Halfling Angels

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, mojojojo101 said:

Hopefully Nagash is able to show some actual power in BR: Teclis, at the moment he just feels like a bit of a kids cartoon villain in that we keep being told how powerful and scary he is but anytime someone fights him he losses dreadfully. Even when he does get results it seems to be more because he asked Katakros/Olynder/Arkhan to do it for him.

Nagash has always played like that narratively, even in fantasy.   Always had that Skeletor/Gannon Ill be back next time angrily shakes fist vibes from him lol  I don't expect that will ever change.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Ragest said:

@willange yeah that’s interesting.

BR Morathi: Ulgu and Aqshy

BR Teclis: Hysh and Shyish

BR Alarielle (?): Ghyram and Chamon (?)

Siege of excelsis (not sure if BR or 3.0): Ghur and Azyr

Ghyran would surprise me, with Nurgle being in BR Teclis. So perhaps it could be related to Alarielle/Sylvaneth saying "****** you all" to Order and going back to their more "we hate everyone" roots, with Kurnothi and such.

Big part of the problem with giving Nagash big victories is his complete dominion over a Grand Alliance. It would be like Daughters, Sylvaneth and Seraphon being completely under the control of Sigmar.

Narratively stagnant. My greatest hope is BR breaks his hold and the Soulblight are the first of the autonomous subfactions

Honestly I don't want Nagash to lose his hold on Death allegiance. For me it's part of the appeal: Order are multiples factions united against a common enemy or sharing same civilisation values, Destruction don't care about each others and fight as much themselves as others but unite when there is a big Waagh, Chaos feel the same with the impulse of the Dark gods. Death is like Order but it's tragic cause they are under the heel of a tyrant. They can still fight between them for a territory, a political struggle between Mortarchs or generals etc.

Even rebellion can be a thing with vampires (aka Mannfred) but are ultimately doomed from the start and that makes it tragic. With Death whatever you want to achieve for yourself, it's part of something greater from you, and if it contradict what Nagash plans it will backlash at you.

No freedom, no hope, just the will of a tyrant which you must serve  even if try to escape. Which can make good story too. You can still see Olynder and Arkhan going fighting each other on a disagreement or political attempt to take his place in the pyramidal governement of Death, or Mannfred trying to prove himself to Nagash and in the same time trying to plot against him, and then failing and being forced to undo ( and kill) the things he had planned and the people who aided him because Nagash wills it. Stagnation goes with Death, that's why Nurgle and Alarielle are antithesis to him and Shyish.

If this change I fear it will change Death allegiance in Order or Chaos 2.0 with Vampires instead of Elves or Slaanesh...

Edited by Harioch
  • Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 2

I think it is strange that people keep on seeing Nagash and the idea of rebellious Vampires in terms of oppositional binaries. I personally like the idea of the scheming Vampire lords always playing into Nagash's hand, but they still pose the threat that they may one day truly break free. Think of the Vampires in a similar manner as Be'lakor rebellious and dangerous but always playing into the hands of his Dark Masters. In this manner narrative matches can really explore the conflicts between Nagash and his Vampiric followers but after each battle the Nagash player can throw back their head and laugh as the Vampire player in winning actually played into their hand... followed by a Tzeentch style attempt to wave away their loss as holding narrative significance. 😜

On an unrelated note my favourite Transformer is Starscream... 😉

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 9

6 hours ago, Eldarain said:

Big part of the problem with giving Nagash big victories is his complete dominion over a Grand Alliance. It would be like Daughters, Sylvaneth and Seraphon being completely under the control of Sigmar.

Narratively stagnant. My greatest hope is BR breaks his hold and the Soulblight are the first of the autonomous subfactions

I also want this because it makes things more narratively interesting.

And totally not because it opens the door for Tomb Kings to come back as their own, autonomous faction a few years down the line.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Harioch said:

Honestly I don't want Nagash to lose his hold on Death allegiance. For me it's part of the appeal

Just as this is what you love about Death, it is what keeps many of us from investing into Death. I personally find it bland and a huge flaw that Nagash is this Mighty being that nobody within the alligiance can battle 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Kasper said:

Just as this is what you love about Death, it is what keeps many of us from investing into Death. I personally find it bland and a huge flaw that Nagash is this Mighty being that nobody within the alligiance can battle 

I'm in the same boat. Especially as Nagash comes off as a Saturday morning cartoon villain half the time. Chaos gods are mysterious entities without a real character to them - more like ideas given a name - so it's fine to have association to them in the Chaos armies, but Nagash seems a bit underwhelming and if you don't like his character, then you probably won't like the narrative of Death as it's all about him at the end of the day.

Undeath needs a downside, definitely, but that downside shouldn't be being shackled to Skeletor.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I'm in the same boat. Especially as Nagash comes off as a Saturday morning cartoon villain half the time. Chaos gods are mysterious entities without a real character to them - more like ideas given a name - so it's fine to have association to them in the Chaos armies, but Nagash seems a bit underwhelming and if you don't like his character, then you probably won't like the narrative of Death as it's all about him at the end of the day.

Undeath needs a downside, definitely, but that downside shouldn't be being shackled to Skeletor.

Another vote here. I already dislike Sigmar being too important in Order, but all death under a single god? Yawn, boring, especially since I don't like Nagash.

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Yeah. Too riff off the MotU/She-Ra thing...Even Horde Prime's body stealing, I know all, I see all schtick falls apart with Hordak and Catra. They retain individuality and rebel in ways big and small.

Flesh Eaters are currently the only Death faction I have any interest in solely because of characters like Ushoran fighting back and the madness affecting the Flesh Eaters allowing them to actively not be subservient to Nagash.

Hoping we get the room to have that flexibility in our own armies with Soulblight. Without it being 'but actually they were all secretly serving Nagash anyway' which just removes agency from our characters.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Harioch said:

Honestly I don't want Nagash to lose his hold on Death allegiance. For me it's part of the appeal: Order are multiples factions united against a common enemy or sharing same civilisation values, Destruction don't care about each others and fight as much themselves as others but unite when there is a big Waagh, Chaos feel the same with the impulse of the Dark gods. Death is like Order but it's tragic cause they are under the heel of a tyrant. They can still fight between them for a territory, a political struggle between Mortarchs or generals etc.

Even rebellion can be a thing with vampires (aka Mannfred) but are ultimately doomed from the start and that makes it tragic. With Death whatever you want to achieve for yourself, it's part of something greater from you, and if it contradict what Nagash plans it will backlash at you.

No freedom, no hope, just the will of a tyrant which you must serve  even if try to escape. Which can make good story too. You can still see Olynder and Arkhan going fighting each other on a disagreement or political attempt to take his place in the pyramidal governement of Death, or Mannfred trying to prove himself to Nagash and in the same time trying to plot against him, and then failing and being forced to undo ( and kill) the things he had planned and the people who aided him because Nagash wills it. Stagnation goes with Death, that's why Nurgle and Alarielle are antithesis to him and Shyish.

If this change I fear it will change Death allegiance in Order or Chaos 2.0 with Vampires instead of Elves or Slaanesh...

You can still have the threat of a loss of autonomy without Nagash having absolute power over all Death factions and characters at the moment.

Let's say during the events of BR: Teclis, something weakens the hold Nagash has over Death to the point that other powerful Death characters can defy his will. Maybe Nagash finally fractures for real, not just mentally. There are a bunch of avatars of Nagash around, and each of them is powerful, but not powerful enough to bend all of Death to his will. Yet it is inevitable that given enough time, Nagash will find a way to put himself back together, and when that day comes, you just know that he will take back dominion of everything Death.

This kind of narrative preserves all of the tragedy of being Death aligned. If you are a powerful undead, you are free for now, but you know it's only a matter of time before you completely lose your autonomy. Maybe if you worked together with all the other undead, you could prevent this fate, but they are all duplicitous backstabbers with their own agendas, so that seems doomed to fail. At the same time, you know Nagash loves his ironic punishments, so the more you struggle against this fate, the worse your comeuppance will be once he regains his strength. Not to mention that Nagash will likely have at least a few loyalists supporting him (like Katakros and Arkhan), so it's not like your current situation is all that cozy.

I think this would be a nice narrative compromise. The threat of eternal servitude to Nagash is still there, we are just in a brief period of freedom that will make the inevitable return to that state all the more tragic.

Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep
  • Like 7

12 hours ago, Gistradagis said:

Ghyran would surprise me, with Nurgle being in BR Teclis. So perhaps it could be related to Alarielle/Sylvaneth saying "****** you all" to Order and going back to their more "we hate everyone" roots, with Kurnothi and such.

One interesting thing, Cubicle7 was working closely together with GW on the "Shadow in the Mist" campaign for Soulbound, set in Anvilgard. Only releasing the City Guide after the release of Broken Realms: Morathi and producing material for Har Kuron. 

The next big campaign is "Blackened Earth", set in Greywater Fastness and focusing on the conflict between the local city and the Sylvaneth. Which would fit in nicely with a Broken Realms: Alarielle. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Eldarain said:

The Carrion King knocks with the flesh-eater courts at the door and asks if he is a joke. They are basicly the only real rebellion in the Grand Alliance of Death.

33 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Another vote here. I already dislike Sigmar being too important in Order, but all death under a single god? Yawn, boring, especially since I don't like Nagash.

I have the feeling all the gods are flawed in some way. The chaos gods would most likely have won already if they wouldn't attack each other.

Many of the Order Gods do only care for their own faction. Sigmar is basicly the only one interested in multiple races, but with his rushed handling and the tendency to brush stuff under rugs (Stormvaults) he basicly creates problems for himself and his allies later.

Nagash is basicly a tyrant who wants to rule over everything. The beginning of the quote from @Eldarain is basicly his goal, (when killing anything that lives the chaosgods couldn't exist anymore), but on the other end, wouldn't he basicly destroy himself if he reaches his goal? Their is this concept hat praying to a god makings him stronger and most undead are quite mindless, that way they are not praying.   A pantheon of the underworlds would have balanced it out that their is the single tyrant (you can't be everywhere at the same time) but at the same time each of them would be weaker.

We at least have seen that Neferata would have made an Alliance with Order Armies (but got punished for it because Nagash didn't liked it.

And Gorkamorka? Well he doesn't really care as it looks like.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

So is this an Underworlds starter set or something completely separate?

Looking at this picture it looks like a fusion of Warcry and Warhammer Underworlds. It has the Models and Gameboard of Underworlds, but the cards of Warcry?

Kb1SWBAuO90jpGDk.jpg

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/02/03/peek-inside-three-new-warhammer-boxed-games-arriving-in-2021/

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

So is this an Underworlds starter set or something completely separate?

Separate think. Looks like underworlds models + similar board, but with warcry like cards, markers and abilities. The revealed article says it could be a entry to both warcry and underwolrds, so maybe it include other things for those games.

• Thanks 1