The Rumour Thread

So new Slaanesh art posted on instagram, does that mean we’ll see some Slaanesh articles on the community leading up to the release? 

the new rumour engine looks fun. Could be shields mashed together like some destruction factions like to do, but it seems more deliberate. Some fascinating shapes. I could see this be dwarves, but could also be something for the quest game or something 40k. Intriguing 

Edited by elfhead
  • Like 1

Definitely looks Dwarfen, specifically Kharadron. One of the dangly bits resembles a a ship's wheel, the knot on the right bit resembles those on the newer WHFB Dwarf kits, the left looks like a hammer? Could be for the Cursed City Kharadron, could be something for Broken Realms, could be something else entirely. Squats confirmed?

Similar vibes:

99120205028_ArkanautIronclad04.jpg

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 3

KO is only similar to the extent that they are also dwarves, they don't use shields or dangly icon bits attached with chain links. It's not modern looking enough to be KO, much closer to dispossessed.

Whatever it is, it's also clearly big, so it's not some random dwarf model.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/02/02/the-dark-prince-returns-find-out-what-that-means-for-the-hedonites-of-slaanesh/

Sigvald the Magnificent burns with a hidden shame, buried beneath layers of smug conceit and displays of vainglory. He desires revenge against Nagash, who fashioned his prison, and he wants to crush the Ossiarch Empire to deliver a blow the Great Necromancer can’t ignore.

Another plot that is going vs OBR to send a message to Nagash? Booooring.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Ragest said:

Another plot that is going vs OBR to send a message to Nagash? Booooring.

I do wonder with Teclis invasion of Shyish and then this quote about Sigvald if GW is setting up the stage for Soulblight to be introduced. Nagash & Shyish under a battery of attacks. Maybe this means it weakens Nagash's hold on the Soulblight or maybe it introduces them as his acting agents to attack the back lines, so-to-speak. Soulblight in AoS have usually been more about scheming and shadow wars than necessarily brute strength or head-to-head combat.

Anyone catch the supposed leaked concept art for Total Warhammer 3? Kislev vs Khorne. A very good fake and art nonetheless even if it's not linked to the game. 

But in the background next to the Ice Queen, it's small but it may be one of the new Ice Guard that was teased for TOW. 

I know it's probably a given but we may well see what will be in store for the Kislev miniature line with this reveal. Exciting times. 

28 minutes ago, Ragest said:

Sigvald the Magnificent burns with a hidden shame,

Some penicillin might be able to help good Ol' Sigvald!
The art and lore in the article is utterly sublime, this Slaanesh release is more proof that good things come to those who wait. It is funny how everyone is gunning for Katakros and the OBR. I imagine that the Soublight Gravelords will come into existence purely from the fact that everyone is so preoccupied with the OBR and the Vampires will have free reign to simply create their own legions of undead uncontested. I have been meaning to expand my Chaos into a God Specific faction and Slaanesh is really coming out ahead in that regard. From fears of suspecting the line might get squatted to true narrative importance with an amazing model range. More proof that those waiting for Malerion, Grungi, Devouted of Sigmar and Halflings of Doom will be well worth the wait when they release.

The rumour engine shields seem very trophy like to me and my instant thought was a Gargant... but if it is actual factual Dispossed styled duardin I will be overjoyed! It is sad that Duardin iconography is most often used as trophies on other models and not on new Duardin models. @LordAlpharius if the Duardin had hints of North African culture or any influence beyond  their typical Norse roots that would be really cool. I feel like the Duardin thus far have stayed closest to their WHFB roots just taken to new extremes e.g. Fyreslayers being Slayers times ten and KO taking the tech side of Dwarves with a nice dash of steampunk tech.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, zamerion said:

RumourEngine206 Feb2 Content3u

The three charms at the bottom look like a nordic hammer, a ships wheel and an axe head. So Dispossessed, Kharadron Overlords and Fyreslayers respectively? No idea what that would mean though. 

Edited by NotAWzrd
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

7 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

If this is dwarves like everyone is saying, that would be interesting. I thought it was just one of the unrevealed Lumineth models.

Dwarves are often associated with round shields and one of the decretive pieces seems to look like a hammer... but we know Lumineth also like their hammers, so you may be on to something. The style of the relief/embossment on the shields also feels fairly Duaradin but also not a direct match with what we have seen thus far. So I would not be surprised if you are correct but there is enough here to give me hope... but as I said even if it is Duardin in origin there is a decent chance it will be used as a war trophy on another model, as wearing dwarf trophies seems to be a tradition for all big monsters.

@NotAWzrd's theory is interesting that it represents a unified Duardin figure maybe even Grungi will get a model that can be used across all duardin factions.

Edited by Neverchosen

That Rumor engine is most certainly Duardin or Chamon-related. 

Something for Dispossessed / New Duardin United Faction hinted in the lore (like in the recent WD short story featuring probably Grombrindal AKA the White Dwarf himself) ? 

Alternatively, a Cog-people for Warhammer Quest ? 

RE : WarCom spoiling BR : Teclis. 

I hope it's not the whole deal.... And even if it isn't, they should have better coordinated their stuff...

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/02/02/the-dark-prince-returns-find-out-what-that-means-for-the-hedonites-of-slaanesh/

Today's article about Slaanesh is on the other hand GREAT, (the arts 😍), and it confirms the Newborn isn't Slaanesh itself, nor Glutos and Sigvald, but a part Slaanesh essence that incarnated into the Mortal Realms. 

1 hour ago, LordAlpharius said:

Could be duardin, but the symbols and shields look kinda North African/Sahelian (the star looks very similar to the emblem of Marinid dynasty of Morocco), so berber duardin confirmed?

It s obviously the beard of a mechanical mega gargant from a  duardin cogs army

Edited by Sigmarusvult

2 hours ago, madmac said:

There's an interesting rumor engine for a change. Looks suspiciously Dwarven, but not KO or Fyreslayers.

Agreed. A hammers and gears vibe, but distinctly not Azyrite designs. Almost looks like a smoothing out of some of the Dispossessed aesthetics?

I'll need our resident Dwarven experts to confirm, but this is one of the first rumor engines that really screams Dwarves to me. (I have no idea what it could possibly be a part of, but I guess we'll see!)

So here's a thought on the Broken Realms storylines (which most of you have probably already considered), what if Broken Realms mostly refers to control of the realms being broken up?  I know it sounds obvious and dumb, but hear me out.

In Morathi, we saw Morathi tighten her grip Ulgu and Aqshy while simultaneously weakening the Sigmar's grip on Aqshy and Archaon's grip on the Eightpoints.  Also, she forced a re-opening of the All-gate to Ghyran which is probably going to factor into the Alarielle book at some point.

In Teclis it seems probable that we're going to see the Nagash's grip on Shyish weakened, but that in turn will lead to the Lumineth's control of Hysh being loosened.  You'll presumably see Nurgle making a play there as well.

So then what?  Maybe a BR:Alarielle sees a shake-up in Ghyran?  BR:Gordrakk see's the greatest shake-up of all by breaking into Azyr?  Obviously that's all speculation, but I suspect the dominating theme of each book is to "break up" the status quo and current power structure wether that be by greating gods, re-distributing power in the realms, or introducing new characters and factions.  Given that, I think it's safe to say that something relatively significant will happen in each book even if it is something relatively simple like, "Teclis weakens Nagash just enough for the vampires to gain independence and CoS to get more sub-allegiances."  

Ultimately, I'm just happy to have any new story/rules content at all.  I just eat this stuff up.

• Like 3

Hopefully Nagash is able to show some actual power in BR: Teclis, at the moment he just feels like a bit of a kids cartoon villain in that we keep being told how powerful and scary he is but anytime someone fights him he losses dreadfully. Even when he does get results it seems to be more because he asked Katakros/Olynder/Arkhan to do it for him.

• Like 3