The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, Heijoshin said:

But also very Teclian. He basically did try to kill off an entire species he himself made let's not forget. He's not exactly winning any father of the year awards is he? 

Oh yes, when he wants to be dumb he get at high tiers, but we are talking about getting hunt by Morathi+Volturnos, ignoring it, attacking the infinite troops of nagash, suiciding your true alelves (not the stinky fishes) and then coming back with nothing in your hands. And with no skaven involved.

That’s just beyond idiotic levels.

Edited by Ragest

The white dwarf thing seems like it might be the start of the BR teclis book. I feel like Teclis went to Shyish to spark a rebellion of sorts in shyish, breaking of Nagash’s total dominion over his realm, in a way. 
this probably isn’t the whole plot of the Teclis book. 

i don’t doubt however the plot will be revealed online anyway. I didn’t read Morathi and I feel like I know every little thing that went in in that book. 

6 minutes ago, Ragest said:

Oh yes, when he wants to be dumb he get at high tiers, but we are talking about getting hunt by Morathi+Volturnos, ignoring it, attacking the infinite troops of nagash, suiciding your true alelves (not the stinky fishes) and then coming back with nothing in your hands. And with no skaven involved.

That’s just beyond idiotic levels.

I agree its even beyond Teclis levels of idiocy. Just wanted to point out its not entirely impossible :D

Regardless of Teclis's true reasons or true losses at the battle, my guess is that Nagash will either use the  Hyshian Aelven bones from the battle or make use of the bones from Ulgu Katakros received from Morathi to get his revenge and take the fight to Hyish at some point in time. 

Edited by Heijoshin

14 minutes ago, Ragest said:

We don’t know the real reason of the attack, we don’t know what he does in Shyish, we don’t know what left behind when he came back to Hysh and we don’t know what’s coming next, so assume he just went there to suicide his own troops to get nothing is a little bit presumptuous. 

Sure will come back in a couple of months to see what happened. Whatever he got will need to be worth more than using those now dead troops to save other slaughtered Aelves.

6 minutes ago, Heijoshin said:

I agree its even beyond Teclis levels of idiocy. Just wanted to point out its not entirely impossible :D

Regardless of Teclis's true reasons or true losses at the battle, my guess is that Nagash will either use the  Hyshian Aelven bones from the battle or make use of the bones from Ulgu Katakros received from Morathi to get his revenge and take the fight to Hyish at some point in time. 

The bones are the most interesting part, that’s for sure.

I don’t want to believe we got hinted two times about Katakros earning some high quality bones to do nothing with them.

GW characters don't do what it makes sense for them to do, they do whatever the story requires them to do. GW has always been good at world-building and abjectly terrible at creating believable, consistent characters. It's what comes of having a content creation system that has a bunch of different people writing stories for each character, with the only overarching quality control being "you have to get to this point at the end." When you have results-driven stories, characterization always suffers.

Edited by yukishiro1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, yukishiro1 said:

GW characters don't do what it makes sense for them to do, they do whatever the story requires them to do. GW has always been good at world-building and abjectly terrible at creating believable, consistent characters. It's what comes of having a content creation system that has a bunch of different people writing stories for each character, with the only overarching quality control being "you have to get to this point at the end." Their stories are all results-driven, not character-driven. 

That and the fact that all major characters / factions must simultaneously win and lose in some way with these kinda books, so as not to make it completely one sided and anger the fans of one faction. It's basically what happened with Katakros and OBR with the Wrath of the Everchosen: 

- Katakros takes the gate- Win
- Gets shanked by Archaon- Loss
- Ah ha, but he learnt some tricks for their next fight and he's got loads more bodies for his soul to reside, so he is undefeatable!- Win
- But said shanking left a wound to his soul or something even in his new body - Loss

Edited by Heijoshin
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Heijoshin said:

That and the fact that all major characters / factions must simultaneously win and lose in some way with these kinda books, so as not to make it completely one sided and anger the fans of one faction. It's basically what happened with Katakros and OBR with the Wrath of the Everchosen: 

- Katakros takes the gate- Win
- Gets shanked by Archaon- Loss
- Ah ha, but he learnt some tricks for their next fight and he's got loads more bodies for his soul to reside, so he is undefeatable!- Win
- But said shanking left a wound to his soul or something even in his new body - Loss

That’s fun, chaos fans and death fans both states the campaign as won xD

We already knew Teclis was off to Hyish - there were bound to be battles.  We knew OBR and Fec and the Free Peoples were involved.  The article has told us nothing new and spoiled nothing as far as I can see.  Teclis' true purpose, and its success or failure, is still unknown.  GW will tease, but they won't spoil.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

MEGA GARGANT/MAGMADROTH SMACKDOWN!!

That's not a smackdown, that's just a Gargant giving his pet Magmadroth a hug!

OR better he's holding his pet Magmadroth back from leaping to swallow that Khadoran bug in the air; because he's going to smack it down with his tree trunk instead because all that metal would be very bad for his dear pet to swallow! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

Will BR Teclis give us our first proper look at Ushoran in the way Morathi ended up giving us Slaanesh's baby?

Is Teclis' plan to break Nagash's hold to use the only major death character not in league with Nagash against him and coax Ushoran out in the open, causing the inevitable death civil war which brings us to Vampires having more power?

• Like 2

I wonder if BR Teclis will end with Moarthi and the Idoneth attacking Hysh while Teclis is busy in Shysh. It was sort of set up that Morathi and the Idoneth were planning to go against Teclis at the end of Morathi and in one of the short stories.

This would also tie into the theme of order breaking apart and link the two books together. 

Do we know how far in advance white dwarf is sent to print?  I don't know if GW don't print it in house, but I'd imagine doing all the layouts/photo work and printing up enough stock could result in a lead time of months between an issue being finalised and actually being released.

It's likely set in stone several months in advance.

That said we know Slaanesh is a February thing so having the Feb white dwarf pair with that makes full sense; a shift of a week or two on release (eg GW might have planned for Slaanesh to be a 2 wave thing with the first wave being in the first week originally) would certainly shift things around a bit but not too badly. 

Spoilering the first part of the new Teclis book also makes sense; its giving people a reason to want the White Dwarf to get that element early and its using it to tempt White Dwarf readers into being hyped up for the story so that they are more likely to jump on the new book even if they don't collect Lumineth models. 

IT honestly all sounds pretty sensible to me, even if one or two releases might be a week or three out from where they were originally planned to be. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

I wonder if BR Teclis will end with Moarthi and the Idoneth attacking Hysh while Teclis is busy in Shysh. It was sort of set up that Morathi and the Idoneth were planning to go against Teclis at the end of Morathi and in one of the short stories.

This would also tie into the theme of order breaking apart and link the two books together. 

Time to open new chamber temple! 

• Haha 5

I think people here are too mean about Teclis

His blitz operation in Shyish clearly ended in success and achieved the most massive victories over Ossiarch besides big A

The fire of rebellion was apparently sparked in the heartland of Ossiarch empire otherwise we won’t have COS relevant rule in BR Teclis 

The bones of aelves are certainly something for Ossiarch but actually for Ossiarch aelven bones are lesser material compared to human bones if my memory is correct.

Regarding the timeline, we actually don’t know if this event happened before or after the fall of Anvilgard, even it is after, the idk and dok may not have taken direct actions against lumineth.

After all I am kind of sure this lore bits is not everything in the new BR.

Edited by Whitefang
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, TheR00zle said:

Man @KingBrodd, they really love you over at GW right now.

The love is reciprocated. Hopefully they've heard my pleas for an Underworld Mancrusher!!

2 hours ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

Ahhhhh I am so excited to get my hands on BR: Teclis! Of course there’s going to be so much more depth to the lore than that snippet. Going to have to channel @KingBrodd’s mad levels of patience to make it to March! 

The best thing to do is keep busy and keep returning to this forum!!

1 hour ago, Overread said:

That's not a smackdown, that's just a Gargant giving his pet Magmadroth a hug!

OR better he's holding his pet Magmadroth back from leaping to swallow that Khadoran bug in the air; because he's going to smack it down with his tree trunk instead because all that metal would be very bad for his dear pet to swallow! 

Haha maybe it's already swallowed an Endrinrigger and hes trying to make it spit it out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Whitefang said:

The fire of rebellion was apparently sparked in the heartland of Ossiarch empire otherwise we won’t have COS relevant rule in BR Teclis 

They advertised only battalion for CoS didnt' they? So not necessarily anything with Shyish cities necessary.