The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Ragest said:

For me It’s obvious BR Teclis was in February and got delayed one month the same as Slaneesh.

But revealing the plot one month before is terrible.

Well GW has to move on with their marketing, this is just my perspective but before this, to me, it seemed like slaanesh has already been "released" and GW have now moved onto to the next thing. At the end of the day I don't have much reason to be annoyed about it considering the situation the world is in at the moment. GW have no control over that. 

• Like 2

It's clear that it wasn't supposed to have been shown yet and that some of this is down to assorted delays but I feel like "revealing the plot" is a bit much as a description.

What do we now know? That the forces of Hysh come to Shyish, score a victory over the Ossiarch forces on an open plain, pull down some fortresses, and return to Hysh. That's pretty broad strokes stuff. You could do a similar two-line summary for BR: Morathi - Morathi becomes a goddess and seizes Anvilgard - and it wouldn't come close to encapsulating the meat of the book.

A splatbook like this shouldn't be interchangeable with a blurb of itself. By rights there should be more going on. BR: Morathi had that, if BR: Teclis is at all similar, I would imagine it will too. I think folks needn't worry.

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

That other faction are much more in need of an update!!!!!!!!!

I know, but with that they would have 3 "new" armies with a very good and new model range (Slaanesh, Lumineth, OBR). Could make sense from a marketing/sales point of view?

4 minutes ago, shinros said:

Well GW has to move on with their marketing, this is just my perspective but before this, to me, it seemed like slaanesh has already been "released" and GW have now moved onto to the next thing. At the end of the day I don't have much reason to be annoyed about it considering the situation the world is in at the moment. GW have no control over that. 

They can’t control covid, for sure, but they can control their own articles in the community. 
That’s not just acting like Slaneesh is actually released, wich is going to be this month, is like BR had being released aswell, and we don’t even have a date for that, or a hint is coming soon.

WD will get out with that story taking part, they can’t just blow up the pages but we are in the first day of February and you spoil like this? Not fair.

33 minutes ago, Fuchur said:

Hmmm...the article reads a bit like there could be a 2nd Wave for OBR, what do you think?

I would be very surprised, because that would mean that they successfully kept three planned factions/expansions completely under wraps for months: Hedonites, Lumineth and now OBR. There were nearly no rumour engines for any of these factions. Plus, presumably Gravelords in the near future. Would make 2021 a very crowded year.

I think OBR getting an extra kit is possible, though. Even if FEC needs more models a lot more urgently.

5 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I would be very surprised, because that would mean that they successfully kept three planned factions/expansions completely under wraps for months: Hedonites, Lumineth and now OBR. There were nearly no rumour engines for any of these factions. Plus, presumably Gravelords in the near future. Would make 2021 a very crowded year.

I think OBR getting an extra kit is possible, though. Even if FEC needs more models a lot more urgently.

I agree it is rather unlikely, especially with Gravelords around the corner. I think there are a few OBR related rumour engines but they could of course be Underworld related.

On the other hand I have the feeling GW want to present OBR as one of their new "flagships" so I would not been surprised if they receive a second wave within the next 6 months. Especially when I see what happens with Lumineth and Slaanesh.

Just now, Clan's Cynic said:

That was par for the course in Psychic Awakening and what made Morathi such a pleasant surprise. 

Hopefully Morathi was NOT the exception to what might become the rule.

So everone interested in a lore of BR, can skip BR:Teclis and just buy White Dwarf ?:P

Just now, eciu said:

So everone interested in a lore of BR, can skip BR:Teclis and just buy White Dwarf ?:P

The devil might be in the details. I think it's going to be one of those 'wait and see, but don't pre-order it if you're just getting it for the lore' situations.

Could just be that they had the Lumineth models ready to release but needed an Excuse Plot(tm) to get them out with a book instead of putting out a second Lumineth Battletome in less than a year, thus they cobbled it together as a very Status Quo Must Be Maintained book.

12 minutes ago, eciu said:

So it would appear that Teclis, during his field trip in Shyish achieved:

Hide contents

nothing

?

At first glance yes.

But maybe

the attack of Ossia is just the first part of the book or the first chapter and we will see some more things to come

Edited by Ragest
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

Would we have expected less from Teclis? I mean come on... the entire plot to topple Nagash while Slaanesh is being reborn and Archaon is really close to get into Azyr didn’t make any sense

We don’t know when this book is happening, maybe before Morathi’s, maybe in between chapters. 

If you say to me that Teclis is taking an excursion to Shyish to achieve nothing when Morathi and Volturnos are killing your aelves i would say Teclis is even more stupid than Sigmar, but maybe he doesn’t know until he comes back to shysh and that’s the other part of this story.

Edited by Ragest

17 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

The devil might be in the details. I think it's going to be one of those 'wait and see, but don't pre-order it if you're just getting it for the lore' situations.

Could just be that they had the Lumineth models ready to release but needed an Excuse Plot(tm) to get them out with a book instead of putting out a second Lumineth Battletome in less than a year, thus they cobbled it together as a very Status Quo Must Be Maintained book.

Yep. Pretty much all the 40k campaign books ended with nothing at all happening, I think people may be making a bad assumption that just because something happened in Morathi, things are going to happen in all the books.

The 40k Psychic Awakening books were narratively a whole load of nuthin' from the get-go, so it's not like there was ever an interesting template set. I agree that it's iffy to speculate out based on a single data point of BR Morathi but still, there's more reason to be cautiously optimistic here than for 40k. No harm in holding fire though.

19 minutes ago, Ragest said:

We don’t know when this book is happening, maybe before Morathi’s, maybe in between chapters. 

Reveal hidden contents

If you say to me that Teclis is taking an excursion to Shyish to achieve nothing when Morathi and Volturnos are killing your aelves i would say Teclis is even more stupid than Sigmar, but maybe he doesn’t know until he comes back to shysh and that’s the other part of this story.

So you are telling me that the most powerful spell caster of elvenkind, called the God of Illumination is not expected to have any foresight or ability to see major plot twists in the future? Then he should probably downgrade his titles a bit :)

Or hire some Eshin to inform him better...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, yukishiro1 said:

I think people may be making a bad assumption that just because something happened in Morathi, things are going to happen in all the books.

I agree. I'd actually be more concerned if every book was as radical as BR: Morathi. I am thinking that perhaps the BR series starts big with BR: Morathi, then some stuff happens in between (the meat and potatoes of the series) and concludes with the final BR book being just as big as BR Morathi.

2 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

So you are telling me that the most powerful spell caster of elvenkind, called the God of Illumination is not expected to have any foresight or ability to see major plot twists in the future? Then he should probably downgrade his titles a bit :)

Or hire some Eshin to inform him better...

We don’t know the real reason of the attack, we don’t know what he does in Shyish, we don’t know what left behind when he came back to Hysh and we don’t know what’s coming next, so assume he just went there to suicide his own troops to get nothing is a little bit presumptuous. 

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Ragest said:

We don’t know the real reason of the attack, we don’t know what he does in Shyish, we don’t know what left behind when he came back to Hysh and we don’t know what’s coming next, so assume he just went there to suicide his own troops to get nothing is a little bit presumptuous. 

But also very Teclian. He basically did try to kill off an entire race he himself made let's not forget. He's not exactly winning any father of the year awards is he? 

Edited by Heijoshin