The Rumour Thread

Oh my!! I'm sure the Grave Keeper will be gone over in detail like the Witch Hunter. There are 12 characters so they could reveal one a week for 3 months leading up to Warhammer Quests release!!

Also really hoping they mean to unveil the entire Warband this week because that would be amazing!!

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Oh my!! I'm sure the Grave Keeper will be gone over in detail like the Witch Hunter. There are 12 characters so they could reveal one a week for 3 months leading up to Warhammer Quests release!!

Also really hoping they mean to unveil the entire Warband this week because that would be amazing!!

that's a very good idea

"and the very first entry in a new regular series."

the town crier  😛

Edited by zamerion
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

well they said they would be looking at "some of the villains" so unless they're playing fast and loose with language (which certainly wouldn't be a first), hopefully we'll see something new as well this week.

9 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

well they said they would be looking at "some of the villains" so unless they're playing fast and loose with language (which certainly wouldn't be a first), hopefully we'll see something new as well this week.

I'd love for there to be new Villains unveiled!! I just assume it will be the Grave Keeper.

52 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I'd love for there to be new Villains unveiled!! I just assume it will be the Grave Keeper.

I wonder if it will be the Grave Keeper and some of the generic enemies that accompanies it. So maybe we'll get a look of the Grave Keeper and some zombies or something. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Shearl said:

I wonder if it will be the Grave Keeper and some of the generic enemies that accompanies it. So maybe we'll get a look of the Grave Keeper and some zombies or something. 

Yeeeees I need to get a good look at these shambling dead!! If they pique my interest my first Death army will be a Horde of Zombies.

The "store model" is more of a scheme aimed at newer people and people new to an army. They are simply existing kits given away for free as a 1 model per customer deal. Some stores pre-assemble others just give you the parts and some do both depending on customer. UK side its not even a huge thing, I recall way back in the 90s they'd do the same thing on things like a painting day or an introduction day. The free one or two models per customer is a big thing for hooking people on getting into the hobby. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Overread said:

The "store model" is more of a scheme aimed at newer people and people new to an army. They are simply existing kits given away for free as a 1 model per customer deal. Some stores pre-assemble others just give you the parts and some do both depending on customer. UK side its not even a huge thing, I recall way back in the 90s they'd do the same thing on things like a painting day or an introduction day. The free one or two models per customer is a big thing for hooking people on getting into the hobby. 

I understand why they didn't, but it's a shame it's not a free mortal troop

18 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

So I have a potentially stupid question (I also feel that deep down I know the answer is simply: it  all depends), but will the various armies, sub-factions and alliances and so forth featured in supplements and expansions be carried forward to into the next edition? I jumped on board AOS with the current edition and played Fantasy for most of 6th edition but did not make the jump to seventh, so I am not sure what to expect in terms of ongoing support. I am considering wether to expand my Slaves to Darkness or possibly get a new army or if I should for the moment sit on my hands until the possible future edition... (Maybe I will get Gnoblars for my ogors).

For example would The Knights of the Empty Throne, Idolators, Har Kuron or any other similar sub-factions or armies likely be included in an updated edition?

The main question to answer your question is how big will be the changes between AoS 2 and AoS 3. If, as most people suggest and think, they will be minor, it means many factions can still work quite well while waiting for a tome with some potentially even being able to skip an edition. 
The latter however seems to be rarer and rarer considering few factions now had even two tomes within the same edition.

From AoS 1.0 to 2.0 we had the culling of certain factions like partially Wanderers, the integration of some in bigger alliances like most cities of Sigmar and Soulblight and some other even expanded with their own tome and new miniatures like Nighthaunt.

Brayherd almost entirely remained the same within BoC but that’s not always the case.

Then there are FW armies who were dropped few years after getting a 2.0 compendium, but that is for other reasons.

I suspect some like Lethis and Legion of Grief will be eventually forgotten but some from White Dwarf may keep surviving now that they are officially in the FAQ list.

One of the first tests on what is awaiting us is Slaanesh now that there is a Newborn on the horizon. Will the three factions still make sense? Change name but keep their play style? Or completely replaced?

I personally think, except LoN as we know it today, all armies will be safely migrated to AoS 3.0 and the changes will be relatively small. If they will be big then there will be some time in which your army will be probably under performing. Bigger are the changes, most likely are the subfactions to go, with few exceptions like the various Gitz or Stormcast main Stormhosts. Rules of course will change.

If you base your army on a specific faction or artifact then risks are high you might lose their main purpose (ask Vince Venturella about his flying steam tank). In all other cases, especially newer armies, are safe investments.

If you want to get a hold of how painting a certain army would look like I personally use Warhammer Underworld warbands as tests. They are relatively cheap and give you a decent idea for most armies. If you don’t like them after painting you can resell usually at the same buying price.

• Thanks 1

On 1/30/2021 at 12:42 AM, sfe667 said:

I'm surprised the 125pts bit hasn't been commented on further. If this is a nod to a AOS 3.0 method of pointing, it's giving the granularity of a 4,000 points system, meaning balance should be far easier to achieve at the lower point levels.

This is exactly what I was thinking of as well. Point increases of 5 points rather than 10 points will certainly let point rebalancing in GHB be easier.

15 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

Hmm, maybe they just revealed the whole plot and result of BR Teclis in their WD preview. 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/02/01/maelstrom-of-war-returns-and-flashpoint-enters-the-mortal-realms-in-white-dwarf-461/

Which would be quite uneventful compared to BR Morathi. 

I'm not sure if it's a spoiler or more the 'setting' for the book. Like this stuff will be covered in the first few pages as a set up.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I'm not sure if it's a spoiler or more the 'setting' for the book. Like this stuff will be covered in the first few pages as a set up.

It sounded like BR Teclis is about his campaign in Shyish. And this is the epilogue. I think BR Teclis was supposed come out this month, and they wanted to continue the story from the Death POV. The content is all about Death (in the WD article). 

Edited by LuminethMage

29 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

Hmm, maybe they just revealed the whole plot and result of BR Teclis in their WD preview. 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/02/01/maelstrom-of-war-returns-and-flashpoint-enters-the-mortal-realms-in-white-dwarf-461/

GW is really hard to understand sometimes. They keep minor reveals on a slow burn for months, but then put out a spoiler for what seems like a large part of the BR: Teclis plot like it is nothing. Maybe their release schedule is more hecked up than we realized?

Regardless, I'm interested what the Flesh Eater Courts have to do with OBR and Arkhan, though. I wonder if we will see rules that allow us to mix the two factions in some way.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

Hmmm...the article reads a bit like there could be a 2nd Wave for OBR, what do you think?

We already knew OBR and FEC would be involved from the preview. Nurgle was the other which is a mystery how they are part of this.

I also scratch my head at what sort of box they can do for FEC considering their low number of models. They have  a start collecting kit, the warcry box is the same minus the dragon. The premium kit is the same but with the arch regent instead of a dragon.  The only other model in their range is the old varghulf courtier which i dont think they would bundle a resin kit with plastics.

Edited by Svalack

16 hours ago, alghero81 said:

One of the first tests on what is awaiting us is Slaanesh now that there is a Newborn on the horizon. Will the three factions still make sense? Change name but keep their play style? Or completely replaced?

Just on this bit, I think the most telling thing will be what happens with Host of Syll'Esske in particular, especially if the general concept of the Hosts remains.

Does it go in to the book? Is it gone completely ? Can we still use as is (the least likely option imo) ?