The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, AverageBoss said:

It's always bugged me that the 1s digit in AoS is never used. What even have it?

Why don't we just say we are playing 200 point games. 5x Liberators cost 9 points. 12x Ogre Gluttons cost 40 points. Etc.

I think that's mainly too match how Warhammer was and 40K is. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AverageBoss said:

It's always bugged me that the 1s digit in AoS is never used. What even have it?

Why don't we just say we are playing 200 point games. 5x Liberators cost 9 points. 12x Ogre Gluttons cost 40 points. Etc.

Because spending $600 on 200 points doesn't sound cool. 🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Charleston said:

There are also rumour engines showing Wings with a chain which look like a Belakor redesign. All portents hint us another model release for StD. We could possibly expect:

• Multipart Chaos Warrior Kits
  • Belakor Plastic Kit
  • Plastic Chosen (rather unlikely to happen, like 30-40% if I had to guess, based on fact that they are the only remaining resin kit beside belakor)
  • Marauders (going after the fact that they are quite pushed and the kit is damn old. Many people (including myself) actually tought them to be swuatted with the Tome.
  • New Chaos Lord Kit with a flail (Profile in the tome but no model available yet)

But what about a some Chaos Dwarves and a Hellcannon?

But other than that I am on board for all of these things even though I would likely only purchase the Chosen and Be'lakor. Maybe the Marauders but they would have to look amazing.

Edited by Neverchosen

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

But what about a some Chaos Dwarves and a Hellcannon?

But other than that I am on board for all of these things even though I would likely only purchase the Chosen and Be'lakor. Maybe the Marauders but they would have to look amazing.

As much potential I would see in a Chaos Dwarf Faction for Aos, with Plastic Kits and some reworks...I really don´t see them coming anytime soon, if at all. There were no tidbits dropped by gw in lore.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Charleston said:

As much potential I would see in a Chaos Dwarf Faction for Aos, with Plastic Kits and some reworks...I really don´t see them coming anytime soon, if at all. There were no tidbits dropped by gw in lore.

Oh I was selfishly suggesting that they drop within Slaves to Darkness, I miss the old hellcannon and I would like a unit of Chaos Dwarves to accompany it. There have been hints of them in the lore however, although I am not the best person to speak about their scant few mentions. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, swarmofseals said:

I have to respectfully disagree with you there. The problem is rounding. Let's say you develop mathematically consistent way of pointing warscrolls. You put a warscroll into the model and it spits out a value of 95 points. You put in another warscroll and it spits out a value of 94 points. These warscrolls are going to be almost identical in power level, but 10 point rounding will leave one at 90 points and the other at 100 points. If the warscrolls are within the same faction that can be the difference between one being competitive and the other seeing no competitive play. If we're talking about basic battleline for two different factions it could have a significant impact in faction balance.  The less rounding we have the better.

This requires us to suspend reality and believe that GW is accurate enough with their estimations of value that they are currently "forced" to price two very similar units 10 points apart from each other. There is no way GW's points balance issues have anything to do with rounding. That gives them way to much credit.

11 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

This requires us to suspend reality and believe that GW is accurate enough with their estimations of value that they are currently "forced" to price two very similar units 10 points apart from each other. There is no way GW's points balance issues have anything to do with rounding. That gives them way to much credit.

The person that I was responding to was claiming that smaller points increments couldn't possibly help improve game balance. I provided a counter-argument. I'm not trying to make any particular case about how much of the balance problem is due to rounding vs other issues.

If you're committed to being fatalistic and assuming that no progress is possible -- that GW is totally inept and incapable of improvement -- then I apologize if those of us who have been working to provide constructive and systematic feedback don't take you very seriously.

No, fixing rounding problems will not have a huge impact on game balance as it stands currently. I do think it would have some impact, but not a big one.

However, in the context of other improvements, reducing rounding error will be an important part of improving and maintaining good balance.

EDIT: apologies to @Overread, was typing this when you posted your message!

Edited by swarmofseals
  • Like 1

So I have a potentially stupid question (I also feel that deep down I know the answer is simply: it  all depends), but will the various armies, sub-factions and alliances and so forth featured in supplements and expansions be carried forward to into the next edition? I jumped on board AOS with the current edition and played Fantasy for most of 6th edition but did not make the jump to seventh, so I am not sure what to expect in terms of ongoing support. I am considering wether to expand my Slaves to Darkness or possibly get a new army or if I should for the moment sit on my hands until the possible future edition... (Maybe I will get Gnoblars for my ogors).

For example would The Knights of the Empty Throne, Idolators, Har Kuron or any other similar sub-factions or armies likely be included in an updated edition?

Edited by Neverchosen

19 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

So I have a potentially stupid question (I also feel that deep down I know the answer is simply: it  all depends), but will the various armies, sub-factions and alliances and so forth featured in supplements and expansions be carried forward to into the next edition? I jumped on board AOS with the current edition and played Fantasy for most of 6th edition but did not make the jump to seventh, so I am not sure what to expect in terms of ongoing support. I am considering wether to expand my Slaves to Darkness or possibly get a new army or if I should for the moment sit on my hands until the possible future edition... (Maybe I will get Gnoblars for my ogors).

For example would The Knights of the Empty Throne, Idolators, Har Kuron or any other similar sub-factions or armies likely be included in an updated edition?

Hard to say really. I imagine many will, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see a few get cut

• Thanks 1

Just now, willange said:

Hard to say really. I imagine many will, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see a few get cut

That is what I suspected but I was just curious if there was a precedent either way? Particularly post psychic awakening but I assume we are too early in 40k's new edition to know for certain even on that front.

12 hours ago, Charleston said:

Chaos Duardin make an appearance in the Sons of  Behemat Battletome. They had given Mancrushers armour and weapons. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

References to the lore don't mean much. Over in 40k the various Lost & Damned haven't had a non-FW army list since 3rd edition even though they're the main fighting forces of Chaos and appear frequently in the lore, both Studio and Black Library (albeit exclusively as Mook Fodder).

Chaos Dwarfs (redone) do have a strong possibility of happening, but equally I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

References to the lore don't mean much. Over in 40k the various Lost & Damned haven't had a non-FW army list since 3rd edition even though they're the main fighting forces of Chaos and appear frequently in the lore, both Studio and Black Library (albeit exclusively as Mook Fodder).

Chaos Dwarfs (redone) do have a strong possibility of happening, but equally I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.

I really hope Chaos Duardin become a Faction for the fans of that race but also for variety within Chaos as an Alliance. Once Skaven recieve their update theres not much else to be done with the Alliance besides going back to the start and updating the Factions again, which is great!! But I think it would help the Alliance as it does with others to have new Factions poured into them so they can grow.

Personally I feel that Chaos Duardin are more likely than Grotbag Scuttlers or even the beloved Vampirates.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Personally I feel that Chaos Duardin are more likely than Grotbag Scuttlers or even the beloved Vampirates.

It's funny because my main AoS objective is to have 1 army for every GA and Skavens, Vampirates and Grotbag Scuttlers are part of my wishlist  of this project.

But I'm a lucky one, I have a soft spot for Chaos Dwarfs too!!

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, zamerion said:

If the new chorfs are like those of the warcry bands, I prefer that they never go out. Horrible designs (and not just aesthetically)

Hoping to see the blood bowl ones.

The ones in the Warcry warbands are styled like the warbands are, and aren’t indicative of what a stand-alone faction would look like. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Still-young said:

The ones in the Warcry warbands are styled like the warbands are, and aren’t indicative of what a stand-alone faction would look like. 

as I said, I am not just talking about aesthetics. They are very poorly designed. Orthopedic positions, and horrible proportions.