The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Aleser said:

So new Lumineth Zoo didnt solve this one, right?

2020-09-22.jpg

I'm certain that's something from the new WH Quest, some kind of warewoolf esque monster climbing over Gothic architecture, presumably to go with all the critters and keys I'm assuming are also a part of the game. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SunStorm said:

My guess will be that it might mirror the Silver Tower release, that introduced the new Tzeentch stuff before they got a full army book. Can anybody remember how long that was? And if they had warscrolls for the Silver Tower kits prior to the army book?

My memory might fail me on some of this but but I think I recall Silvertower being released somewhere like june or july. Then a few month later Tzaangors were introduced to 40k and by december/January Disciples of Tzeentch was released. So 6-7 month later. But AOS was very young and unstructured at the time, so Im not sure GW will go for that same release plan yet again.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BarfAtTheMoon said:

In certain incarnations of the dracula mythos, he was able to turn into a werewolf-like figure, yes?  I would love to see both the werewolf and bat themes played up on with the different bloodlines, that would be just the coolest.

If were going by Bram Stoker, Dracula(and other vampires descended from him) can turn into mist, bats, a wolves. 

Edited by TheR00zle
  • Like 1

Can't wait for Cursed City. Couldn't be any more perfectly aligned with what I was hoping for. I've been on a strict no purchases only work from the backlog for some time now.

However if the Gravelords are a Gothic Horror/Monsters faction that can be played with Elite builds (so burnt out on Hordes) I'll happily sell some old projects to dive in.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Eldarain said:

Can't wait for Cursed City. Couldn't be any more perfectly aligned with what I was hoping for. I've been on a strict no purchases only work from the backlog for some time now.

However if the Gravelords are a Gothic Horror/Monsters faction that can be played with Elite builds (so burnt out on Hordes) I'll happily sell some old projects to dive in.

I gear that, I'm planning on getting rid of my Nurgle army relatively soon(depends on release of certain armies) alongside my ogors.

• Like 1

Its important to note that the LRL battletome describes zenith in a fair amount of detail. It's also described as the "perimeter inimical" and is basically the edge in any direction of a "realm." Of course this means the highest part of the sky, before you reach the aetheric void, but it also encompasses  the horizontal "edge" that one could theoretically walk too. In fact, Tyrion did walk to the Zenith, It blinded him, and that's when he met a/the light spirit. He didn't fly up into the sky to reach the zenith, he was able to walk there.  

Much like realm magic is weakest at the center of a realm and strongest at the edge, the "illumination" radiating from Hysh, comes from the perimeter inimical. SO Zenith in Hysh isn't so much the sun, or even sky, but light itself.

They are one and the same. 

Edited by Athrawes
  • Like 8

52 minutes ago, SeanMaguire1991 said:

Zenith usually refers to the Sun at its highest point in the sky, so it could mean spirits closest to enlightenment and thus the rarest. 

The Zenith is the point that is directly above the observer on a celestial body in opposition to the gravitational pull or a 90 degree angle above the astronomical horizon, thus the Sun reaches the Zenith at high noon...

High noon... Cows...

Will the Lumineth introduce Cowboys into the mortal realms? 😮 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, SeanMaguire1991 said:

Zenith usually refers to the Sun at its highest point in the sky, so it could mean spirits closest to enlightenment and thus the rarest. 

Yup, pretty much fits with what we know (with the addition Athrawes mentioned). In the Battletome and the WarCom article they mention that zenith temples are by far the rarest. In found the reason in the battletome pretty good - because an aspiring aelementiri must communicate with an aelementor, it's much easier to hear a voice in the sound of a river or wind. than in light itself. And if you look at the example tests that the students have to go through before they are accepted, for zenith it likely means going very close to edge of the world where even Tyrion could barely survive. So you can imagine that those who manage and survive all that are pretty rare and powerful. I think in the Battletome it says a zenith mage is as strong as a Spirit (but I don't have the book in front of me and might misremember that). 

We also know that they can become incorporeal, which could mean we see more units like the Light of Eltharion, or something more like the angel elves people have been waiting for if we ever get a zenith temple. 

• LOVE IT! 1

15 hours ago, Mattrulesok said:

I'm certain that's something from the new WH Quest, some kind of warewoolf esque monster climbing over Gothic architecture, presumably to go with all the critters and keys I'm assuming are also a part of the game. 

They referred the 'boss' as 'wulf' at the end of the trailer. So my guess would be, that the endboss could be kind of Vampire-Model shape shifting in werewolf or bat (multiple models like Morathi). Combining the rumour engine pics of the werewolfy leg and the bat-thing.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, FireAbend said:

They referred the 'boss' as 'wulf' at the end of the trailer. So my guess would be, that the endboss could be kind of Vampire-Model shape shifting in werewolf or bat (multiple models like Morathi). Combining the rumour engine pics of the werewolfy leg and the bat-thing.

Never thought of this before but you may be right!! We have the Rumour Engine of the Wolf Pelt across the shoulder which matches his art from the trailer and then the 2 canine like legs, so perhaps he has a Mortal form and then his Lycan form much like Morathi!!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Yeah me too ! I think the WHQ : Cursed City Undead range will provide a good indication of what the design direction for SBGL will be (we've seen at least some gothic armored Skeletons and AOSified Zombies in the trailer). 

Personnal guess : given the recent WD article about Godbeasts which mentioned a vampire bloodline springing from some kind of super werewolve, we'll get a new official bloodline, the Vyrkos, who are....  WEREWOLVES-VAMPIRES (the leader of the baddies will be from that bloodline IMO, he's called Wolf in the trailer and he is most probably a vampire too). 

BTW that Godbeast article came instead of the last AOS Timeline article, centered on the Age of Sigmar itself (the era, not the game). 

I guess it contains REVELATIONS about the future of Broken Realm they didn't want us to read too soon ;););) 

Hort a late reply but as soon as I saw this message I was so damn excited. Maybe it's because I've been playing to much BloodBorne and Powerwolf but I've been planning Death worshipping Norse for a while with wolf elements. I still have Skin Wolves waiting to be assembled. This would be a dream come true, and would be such a cool addition for Death.

Was that WD article in the Spiderfang issue? If you don't mind me asking haha.

I wonder if the 'Wolf' fella will have a dual model like Morathi, perhaps his normal form and a transformed form when either he takes too much damage or certain requirements are met through the game. That would be awesome.

Edited by Black_Templar_Lad

2 hours ago, NotAWzrd said:

ddd31fq7l3d61.jpg?width=762&format=pjpg&

The two characters on the left have the slender canine legs similar to the rumour engine and what looks like hair that forms a wolf tail .

Didn't even notice this, really good spot mate. 

We really getting Lycans huh. Well, the hype train really has no brakes now.

Just look at that Undead Halberdier, complete with eye patch, something straight out of Demon's Souls.

God this may well be my favourite box set GW have ever done. I'd buy it just for the 2 minis revealed alone, but there seems to be SO much to look forward to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Hort a late reply but as soon as I saw this message I was so damn excited. Maybe it's because I've been playing to much BloodBorne and Powerwolf but I've been planning Death worshipping Norse for a while with wolf elements. I still have Skin Wolves waiting to be assembled. This would be a dream come true, and would be such a cool addition for Death.

Was that WD article in the Spiderfang issue? If you don't mind me asking haha.

I wonder if the 'Wolf' fella will have a dual model like Morathi, perhaps his normal form and a transformed form when either he takes too much damage or certain requirements are met through the game. That would be awesome.

Yeah I did listen to "Army of the night" after the Cursed city reveal ;) 

Artworks we have of Wolf show him like some Russian warlord from around 1600, so I also thought he probably will have a werewolf option ! The other lupine/ vampiric looking dudes are probably Acolytes to Wolf. They could belong to that new Vampire Bloodline, the ferocious Vyrkos...

The WD article about Godbeasts is WD n°460 (so the one after the Spiderfang issue, who contains the Age of Chaos timeline), p. 13 : 

Hrunspuul, the Hound of the Cairns, who folklore claims bestowed the curse of unlife upon the first of the ferocious Vyrkos vampires.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

2 hours ago, NotAWzrd said:

ddd31fq7l3d61.jpg?width=762&format=pjpg&

The two characters on the left have the slender canine legs similar to the rumour engine and what looks like hair that forms a wolf tail .

Give this man a medal!! They're almost Kurnothi in some ways? Hopefully we get a model or two reveals in the coming weeks.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Yeah I did listen to "Army of the night" after the Cursed city reveal ;) 

Artworks we have of Wolf show him like some Russian warlord from around 1600, so I also thought he probably will have a werewolf option ! The other lupine/ vampiric looking dudes are probably Acolytes to Wolf. They could belong to that new Vampire Bloodline, the ferocious Vyrkos...

The WD article about Godbeasts is WD n°460 (so the one after the Spiderfang issue, who contains the Age of Chaos timeline), p. 13 : 

Thank you! I'm listening to Army of the Night as we speak haha. Desire for gothic horror intensifies. 

I wonder if this will be one giant box set, or we will see expansions as the group of heroes make it deeper into city. 

2 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Thank you! I'm listening to Army of the Night as we speak haha. Desire for gothic horror intensifies. 

I wonder if this will be one giant box set, or we will see expansions as the group of heroes make it deeper into city. 

Yeah absolu.. WE DRINK YOUR BLOOD .. oops

Going by the format (8 Explorers and 5 Undead overlords + minions announced), the release looks similar to BSF. So one big boxe to start.  But God I hope we'll get expansions ! More Explorers would be great. 

I'm already glad we'll get three "Cities of Sigmar / Azyrites" normal humans in the first batch, aka the Vampire Hunter, the Celestial Mage / Priestess, the Paladin 😍

• Like 6

Just now, HorticulusTGA said:

Yeah absolu.. WE DRINK YOUR BLOOD .. oops

Going by the format (8 Explorers and 5 Undead overlords + minions announced), the release looks similar to BSF. So one big boxe to start.  But God I hope we'll get expansions ! More Explorers would be great. 

I'm already glad we'll get three "Cities of Sigmar / Azyrites" normal humans in the first batch, aka the Vampire Hunter, the Celestial Mage / Priestess, the Paladin 😍

I just NEED to know who the big bloke is!! I'm calling a Gholemkind. 

• Like 1

Just now, KingBrodd said:

I just NEED to know who the big bloke is!! I'm calling a Gholemkind. 

That would be absolutely great and a perfect place to introduce those Chamonite people !!! Though, going by the trailer artwork (from the back, yeah) I still think it looks more like an Ogor, an Orruk or a very big and burly Barbarian...

But a Clockwork Golem would also be a good equivalence with the beep-boop Man Of Iron  Imperial Robot from Blackstone Fortress.

Given the breadth of the AOS universe, I found myself more and more drawn to such "exotic", colorful and interesting new concepts or variations on classical WFB and 40k themes. That's why I loved Silver Tower, and why I almost got Beastgrave for the Kurnothi alone....

• Like 1