The Rumour Thread

16 minutes ago, Jator said:

"The Spirefall was the result of the unchecked hubris of the Lumineth, whose raw talent and mastery of art, philosophy, martial pursuits, and magic gave them little reason for humility. The short version? They sought endlessly to outdo one another, and these rivalries culminated in a devastating internecine war. So great was the power they unleashed that the resulting energies attracted and empowered the Dark Gods, Slaanesh in particular, giving rise to the Age of Chaos."

But...Slaanesh was already chained, that's the reason the Lumineth existed in the first place.

this is what i thought as well... I guess they mean Slaanesh's influence? Which still reached the Mortal Realms while they're chained up, as we have Hedonites and daemons running around.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

In the Lumineth BT, there are several illustrations of helmets. One of these helmets (in page 5 for example) is the helmet of the "new swordmasters". 

And on the sides of the page 32 and the following pages, there is a statue ... which could be the spirit of one of the last 2 elements.

4 hours ago, Marcvs said:

It is a good example of the situations that make me completely livid at WYSIWYG rules in tournaments -which seems to be the norm where I play. The idea that one would need to buy two (likely expensive) kits in order to legally play the two versions while in practice you would have to put yourself at table level and play "find the differences" to distinguish them is just bonkers.

Just magnetize the quiver. Done. Poses and such should NOT count in WYSIWYG, if so, every slightly converted space marine pose would be unplayable.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Which is funny, because they put the Spirefall halfway DURING the Age of Chaos in the last Revisited Timeline article in White Dwarf by Loremaster Phill Kelly. (Well okay, it's still in the TOTAL COLLAPSE initial phase 😛 )

Great arts BTW !!

EDIT : oh and they reveal the non named variant casually ? 

That’s because it’s a typical WarCom article, with mistakes in it. It’s written clearly in the Lumineth BT that the Spirefall ushered in the Age of Chaos in Hysh, not in all the Realms. 

So the WD timeline is correct : ) 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I don’t think it’s as binary as river = water themed. It’s more to do with the nature of rivers being both peaceful and serene, whilst at the same time having the destructive power to carve through rocks and wash away villages. We know there’s a lot of duality and symmetry with the Lumimeth. The sun and moon, Teclis and Tyrion, even Hysh itself  for example. It’s the same with the temples. Wind can be both a gentle breeze on a wind chime and a raging hurricane. 

A cow and a fox have next to nothing to do with mountains and the wind. But cows are considered sacred in Hinduism and foxes are very commonly represented within Japanese Shinto, so as others have said, it could very well take inspiration from Eastern mythology again. 

Edited by NotAWzrd
  • Like 10

17 minutes ago, NotAWzrd said:

I don’t think it’s as binary as river = water themed. It’s more to do with the nature of rivers being both peaceful and serene, whilst at the same time having the destructive power to carve through rocks and wash away villages. We know there’s a lot of duality and symmetry with the Lumimeth. The sun and moon, Teclis and Tyrion, even Hysh itself  for example. It’s the same with the temples. Wind can be both a gentle breeze on a wind chime and a raging hurricane. 

A cow and a fox have next to nothing to do with mountains and the wind. But cows are considered sacred in Hinduism and foxes are very commonly represented within Japanese Shinto, so as others have said, it could very well take inspiration from Eastern mythology again. 

Funny thing is, bulls and foxes also have a role in the European mythology. And the new fox spirit almost looks like an Egyptian god (which would fit with Hysh and also the desert theme). It's often what we associate with them from our perspective what we see in them. Asia is clearly a major part of it, but they draw from several sources. It's one thing that I like about the new direction they have taken with the elves. 

I agree though, I wouldn't be surprised if the Water Sprit is also a reference to Asia again, like the crane that was mentioned already.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

this is what i thought as well... I guess they mean Slaanesh's influence? Which still reached the Mortal Realms while they're chained up, as we have Hedonites and daemons running around.

Schrödinger's Slaanesh. Chained and free at the same time. Typical GW. 😛

• Like 1

As someone who always wanted too but never got around to building a Vampire Count army, im starting to get excited for Gravelords.  I was always on the fence with building a Flesh-Eater Court Army because while I absolutely loved the lore for the army, the old models don't do the theme justice. 

Curious on what "Age of Sigmar" twist will be made upon the army.  I just hope GW goes all in on the gothic theme.  

Of course this is all with the idea that this is not just a rebranding for Legions of Nagash 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, King Under the Mountain said:

As someone who always wanted too but never got around to building a Vampire Count army, im starting to get excited for Gravelords.  I was always on the fence with building a Flesh-Eater Court Army because while I absolutely loved the lore for the army, the old models don't do the theme justice. 

Curious on what "Age of Sigmar" twist will be made upon the army.  I just hope GW goes all in on the gothic theme.  

Of course this is all with the idea that this is not just a rebranding for Legions of Nagash 

Yeah me too ! I think the WHQ : Cursed City Undead range will provide a good indication of what the design direction for SBGL will be (we've seen at least some gothic armored Skeletons and AOSified Zombies in the trailer). 

Personnal guess : given the recent WD article about Godbeasts which mentioned a vampire bloodline springing from some kind of super werewolve, we'll get a new official bloodline, the Vyrkos, who are....  WEREWOLVES-VAMPIRES (the leader of the baddies will be from that bloodline IMO, he's called Wolf in the trailer and he is most probably a vampire too). 

BTW that Godbeast article came instead of the last AOS Timeline article, centered on the Age of Sigmar itself (the era, not the game). 

I guess it contains REVELATIONS about the future of Broken Realm they didn't want us to read too soon ;););) 

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Personnal guess : given the recent WD article about Godbeasts which mentioned a vampire bloodline springing from some kind of super werewolve, we'll get a new official bloodline, the Vyrkos, who are....  WEREWOLVES-VAMPIRES (the leader of the baddies will be from that bloodline IMO, he's called Wolf in the trailer and he is most probably a vampire too). 

Yeah I agree, could definitely see him being part of a wolf-like vampire strain as opposed to a seperate werewolf race. 

4 minutes ago, NotAWzrd said:

Yeah I agree, could definitely see him being part of a wolf-like vampire strain as opposed to a seperate werewolf race. 

If GW want to work werewolves into Grand Alliance: Castlevania Death, it probably makes the most sense to frame them as an expansion of the vampires' dominion over lesser creatures of the night. So I could totally see werewolves being vampires or under control of vampires in such a way.

• Like 4

I agree that this new WHQ will give us a glance at what the Soulblight Gravelords "normal units" may look like. I mean WHQ sounds like it is a RPG with the new Soulblight faction as the "bad guys." I am also hopeful that the Soulblight Underworlds warband is a sign of possibly non Hero Vampires in the army. Perhaps that flying guy (Ennias Curse Born) as a unit that functions somewhat similarly to Vargheist, of the four in the Crimson Court he looks the least like a Hero. Also, I don't know how soon after a Warband is released that they post their AoS warscrolls online, I've never paid that close of attention. But the AoS Warscrolls for both the Dread Pageant & Myaris Purifiers have already been posted. So I under if they are going to withhold the "Aos Stats" from the Crimson Court until Soulblight Gravelords are released or closer to their release? If not, then it will give us a good idea of what SBG will look like, at least the Vampire Lord Heroes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Yeah me too ! I think the WHQ : Cursed City Undead range will provide a good indication of what the design direction for SBGL will be (we've seen at least some gothic armored Skeletons and AOSified Zombies in the trailer). 

BTW that Godbeast article came instead of the last AOS Timeline article, centered on the Age of Sigmar itself (the era, not the game). 

I guess it contains REVELATIONS about the future of Broken Realm they didn't want us to read too soon ;););) 

Vampires in myth could turn into Wolves and bats and other such creatures and my fingers are doubly crossed for Vampiric Wolves!!

Along with a Sons of Behemat Underworld Warband at some point. 

Obviously a Mega Gargant is out of the question but they did do an Mancrusher (Aleguzzler) as an enemy to combat. I'd love to see 2 unique Underworld Maneater models.

• Like 3

• Subscriber

My guess will be that it might mirror the Silver Tower release, that introduced the new Tzeentch stuff before they got a full army book. Can anybody remember how long that was? And if they had warscrolls for the Silver Tower kits prior to the army book?

40 minutes ago, Sorrow said:

Just bring back Vlad Von Carstein and call it a day.

I think Vampires are an opportunity to bring back famous characters.

They are immortals after all, some will call it fan-service, but that's the whole point imo.

Also it's the perfect opportunity to give Abhorrash a miniature

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Sance said:

I think Vampires are an opportunity to bring back famous characters.

They are immortals after all, some will call it fan-service, but that's the whole point imo.

Also it's the perfect opportunity to give Abhorrash a miniature

I mean lets be real here we know who the true immortals are:

Vampires  Immortal
Chaos Champions = Get Head caved in by troll and come back more magnificent then ever.

EnRJM5tlB4oicnjZ.jpg

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

11 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I mean lets be real here we know who the true immortals are:

Vampires  Immortal
Chaos Champions = Get Head caved in by troll and come back more magnificent then ever.

EnRJM5tlB4oicnjZ.jpg

Guess troll ****** does wonders for the skin, amirite? 😛

• Haha 5

I definitely think GW is going to take the vamps in some unique direction since that is clearly what they have been doing with "new army" releases, as to protect their IP. So some sort of werewolf / vampire hybrid would not surprise me. We can kind of see that with their zombies. It's an assumption since nothing has been confirmed, but it looks like from context clues from the new WH Quest and the silhouette of a model that looks like a zombie tree that perhaps these zombies will have a unique twist to them, other than what we currently have for zombies.

Edited by BaylorCorvette
  • Like 1