The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, King Under the Mountain said:

"The Spirefall was the result of the unchecked hubris of the Lumineth"

Yeah sounds about Elf

Old man Teclis is already getting ready to ruin everything for everyone once again in Shyish.  Just watch, he'll probably end up making all chaos followers immortal or something like that.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Thaliontil said:

LuminethSpirits Jan26 Image1dyfo

Absolutely amazing. And they reveal that the Spirefall was one of the factors that lead to the Age of Chaos...

Which is funny, because they put the Spirefall halfway DURING the Age of Chaos in the last Revisited Timeline article in White Dwarf by Loremaster Phill Kelly. (Well okay, it's still in the TOTAL COLLAPSE initial phase 😛 )

Great arts BTW !!

EDIT : oh and they reveal the non named variant casually ? 

AalW6Rh9Qy8J11S1.jpg

Edited by HorticulusTGA
  • Like 2

I think it's also important to look at the 'quality' of the wins over just the winrate. For a very ridiculous example, if there were two armies that were so ridiculously OP they both 100% of the time won when they went first, and were both a one drop army, on the top tables they'd both end up with a 50% win rate determined by who won the first roll (assuming most tournaments consisted of just them). Seeing just their winrate would make the uninitiated think they were balanced, but obviously they're not. 

While I also don't think this is necessarily a good excuse, it could be GW didn't feel they had enough qualitative data to make the call. I agree that it was communicated poorly, but they may not just look at tournament winrate and also monitor how many complaints they get in their inbox. With fewer players, there are fewer complaints and so less action. 

Again, I don't think it's a good excuse, but it might be what they meant by not enough data. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/01/26/how-well-do-you-know-the-spirits-of-hysh/

Sorry to move away from the angry FAQs postst but the new Lumineth artwork looks pretty amazing!

No problem, you just did every dwarf/Duardin a favor. According to this article the age of chaos was the fault of THE ELGI!!!

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Sance said:

These are disappointingly almost identical. Reversed (but almost the same) pose, larger quiver, fractionally more elaborate bow, fractionally more ornamentation on horns, extra cheek tassels... There's not much difference, less than between your average kit with build variation and considerably less than the Spirit of the Mountain. Still a nice model but a missed opportunity.

The art also highlights a more unfortunate aspect of the models that so far wasn't obvious from the shots: they've got these elaborate wings or protrusions coming out of their lower back for the pennants to trail from. These are weird and look more like concessions to keeping the model up than something that works well in their silhouette. Load-bearing pennants.

NePmgeg82P0fHEr8.jpg

Edited by sandlemad

54 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/01/26/how-well-do-you-know-the-spirits-of-hysh/

Sorry to move away from the angry FAQs postst but the new Lumineth artwork looks pretty amazing!

At least some money from that additional books is going to good artists 😜

(hopefully)

(ok, let us not kid ourselfs, it's a corpo)

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Damn Aelves responsible for the Age of Chaos!? Their hubris knows no bounds!!

I'm really intrigued about the Water Spirit, it's the one I'm most excited to see in model form!!

Me too. I hope they'll look good with IDK units. I usually find these animal masks ridiculous, but I won't mind a few Koi-head models, with some Betta (Siamese fighting fish) fins.

I'm afraid the River temple of the Lumineth will encrouach on the Idoneth Fantasy.

We are the Water Aelves after all, the ocean is too small for two Water themed aelves factions.

I cast a dark glance at the darklelfs corsairs and Kharybdiss.

At least let us takes the Water aelementari as allies thank you GW

7 minutes ago, Sance said:

I'm afraid the River temple of the Lumineth will encrouach on the Idoneth Fantasy.

We are the Water Aelves after all, the ocean is too small for two Water themed aelves factions.

I think ocean thematics and 'water' are different enough for them not to clash, especially when they're likely to just be a small part of Lumineth rather than themed entirely around it like the Idoneth. They're much more about predatory, visceral images, scale-mail, storms and... uhh, fish. The River temple will probably not include much of that 'sea imagery' and have a calmer presence about it. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sance said:

I doubt the River Temple Lumineth will have any actual fish/ocean imagery associated with them - based on what we've seen so far, my top guess would be an anthropomorphic otter or something (since the other avatars are all mammals), or maybe a heron or crane (which would fit in well with the East Asian/Buddhist/Taoist flavorings of the Lumineth).

• Like 12

55 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

If anyone deserves new units it's Tyranid players, though.

As a long time Tyranid fan I'd say actually Tyranids are in a pretty good spot all told. Though I'd love to see the last few - lictor/deathleaper and biovore and pyrovore get their plastic kits. I'd also like to see Red Terror get a reworking and perhaps a bigger sculpt. Otherwise most of the army is really good right now; my only real gripe is split heads on gaunts (and back when GW had them the lack of weapons for gaunts that were in the book like spike rifles). Otherwise Tyranids are in a good spot with loads of diverse models. They are well into the small drip feed segment where one or two new models makes a difference; but they don't need a necron sized update to them. 

Still that tail/tendril - fingers crossed! 

• Like 1