The Rumour Thread

44 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

GW mentioned updates to all MAJOR factions, so duardin are excluded by definition. 😜

Hopefully we see something for them! As destruction also has been totally absent so far, maybe there is a major duardin/destruction storyline incoming? Or maybe Sigmar just spent all his gold paint to hire dwarfs to protect Excelsis from Destruction.

I can't imagine they'll be left out entirely, fingers crossed. 

I guess it makes sense that the Elf themed storyline would be "BROKEN Realms", but no worries the Dawi will fix the mess later :). 

But yeah your right, with Destruction being so absent in all the recent storylines they have to have something up their sleeves with them.  I am thinking that with everyone so focused on Death and Chaos that it will be almost too late when the Orc hordes come barging to the gates. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

5 minutes ago, King Under the Mountain said:

I guess it makes sense that the Elf themed storyline would be "BROKEN Realms", but no worries the Dawi will fix the mess later :). 

But yeah your right, with Destruction being so absent in all the recent storylines they have to have something up their sleeves with them.  I am thinking that with everyone so focused on Death and Chaos that it will be almost too late when the Orc hordes come barging to the gates. 

Pfft, right, because dwarfs could fix anything last time Teclis had a big plan! Elves are too thorough for your feeble efforts . Wait ... maybe not the point I want to make : ) 

Teclis vs. Nagash, what could go wrong .... ("preps for announcement of new game after AoS ended")

I really hope we see more than 3 books and all factions get to be in the limelight, BR Morathi was awesome, if it keeps being like that, the more the better. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

These are new CoS minis.

My earlier doubts about CoS being dropped are dented. Now we did have CoS minis for Silver Tower before which did not survive even to its launch, but still.

I like the vampires.

Would have vastly preferred a female Kharadron to a male one (bearded guy at the belt and male silhouette makes it very unlikely it's a woman). But maybe that'll come in Repaired Realms: Grugni. Or maybe Grombrindel, Grimnir or Valaya.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, zamerion said:

Well the underworld bands go up in price..

32.50 euros

I suspected as much. They were decent value after all, with hero-like quality in most models.

They are up almost 50% from the Nightvault warbands (22,50 to 32,50). I also don't see them sold without cards for the Beastgrave warbands.

This also means the next Warhammer Quest is probably going to be priced something silly as well.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, zamerion said:

32.50 euros

The Direchasm starter set seemed a really good bargain, it's a shame they've gone up. 

I am more than a little worried about how much these new Slaanesh models, never mind the Lumineth (which are already overpriced), will cost...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Enoby said:

The Direchasm starter set seemed a really good bargain, it's a shame they've gone up. 

I am more than a little worried about how much these new Slaanesh models, never mind the Lumineth (which are already overpriced), will cost...

if it helps you, the prices of the new marines are the "usual", bladeguards and erradicators 40e, the speed 55e and the necro 25e.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I wanted to get the DoK ones, but thought over 5,50 per model for monopose models without extra bits in a scale that's hard to use for me was a bit rich. Due to powercreep, they aren't really compatible with a game where I have season 1 and 2 warbands either, and they don't get extra cards.

Now, we've gone to less than 5 models, for more money (and probably another round of powercreep).

2 minutes ago, zamerion said:

if it helps you, the prices of the new marines are the "usual", bladeguards and erradicators 40e, the speed 55e and the necro 25e.

Well that's good to hear! Some of the prices seem so random, and AoS definitely seems to get the raw end of the stick when it comes to high prices.

1 minute ago, eciu said:

So the vampire underworld were a good option to buy cheap vampire heroes for what, less than a 2 days ?xD

It’s still pretty good. £25 for 4 characters, when characters are like £20 anyway. 

The underworlds warbands are still pretty good value I think, but it stings a bit knowing they were £17.50 a year or 2 ago. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Noserenda said:

So White dwarf has started a 6 part series of short stories covering the Wanderings of the titular White dwarf in AoS, which means the last one should be lined up nicely for book 4 or possibly 5 depending on release cadence. Could be nothing but a nice story, could be GW seeding the ground for a big Dawi release/reveal.

He is appropriately a bit sad about the state of the Fyreslayers, (in contrast to Gotreks contempt) so perhaps Old Grombrindal himself steps up to the godhood plate in an attempt to bring back the old ways? (Which all Dwarves know were better days :P )  I mean at this point he pretty much IS a god by AoS standards anyway, or we could see some development with the other Dwarf gods down the line. Could be interesting either way.

Also, with 4 Dwarf Cultures in AoS (And Chaos Dwarves not likely to get a positive visit!)  it implies there might be something other than a stop off at each.

Those sound great- I liked it wen he popped up in Pantheon, I'd love to read these but haven't bought WD in ages... The White Dwarf is kind of an Ancestor God [although this is more hinted at the fact that he's in AoS unchanged is something.] Could hopefully discover what Grungni has been up to and maybe traces/reappearance of Valaya. I definitely think AoS 3 will bring another dwarf faction led by Grungni.. 

2 hours ago, Gwill_of_the_Woods said:

Does anyone else think that the Wanderer style antlered aelf could be another Kurnothi?

It would be a good opportunity for them to start introducing their presence to the world.

I've attached the silhouette from the Beastgrave teasers ad my painted Skaeth's warband.

Thoughts?

Yeah its possible- its either a Wanderer hunter but the kneeling leg looks a bit off [could be resting on the top of the boat] so it could be a Kurnothi making it a bit more AoS, the bow seems similar to the Beastgrave archer.. fingers crossed it is, I think they are potentially a great faction and I'd love to see more. They will probably make an appearance in BR Alarielle. Who ever it is they seem to be representing Alarielle as there is a lost Sylvaneth outpost in the city[similar to the Kharadron character and the lost  Kharadron outpost].

• Like 2

2 hours ago, zamerion said:

32.50 euros

This is extremely irritating. Not completely unexpected but it's another case of the whole "WHU/Warcry are meant to be more affordable ways to engage with the hobby" idea crumbling away into dust. They're of course still cheaper than most other things GW puts out but that's more a factor of everything else being ludicrously expensive, with WHU/Warcry only being less brutal by comparison.

And yes, that's ten euro more than they cost only a year and a half ago (with 2019 and 2020 being some of GW's most profitable years ever). Bleh. Expecting GW not to gouge as much as they can every time they can is real 'scorpion and the frog' thinking, I guess.

Edited by sandlemad

12 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

This is extremely irritating. Not completely unexpected but it's another case of the whole "WHU/Warcry are meant to the more affordable ways to engage with the hobby" idea crumbling away into dust. They're of course still cheaper than most other things GW puts out but that's more a factor of everything else being ludicrously expensive, with WHU/Warcry only being less brutal by comparison.

And yes, that's ten euro more than they cost only a year and a half ago (with 2019 and 2020 being some of GW's most profitable years ever). Bleh. Expecting GW not to gouge as much as they can every time they can is real 'scorpion and the frog' thinking, I guess.

The problem is simply that people keep paying the prices, complaining, then paying anyway.

"GW can you please stop doing that?"
"Are you going to stop buying if I do?"
"Uh, maybe... probably not..."
"Well okay then."
[Raises prices again]
"I can't believe GW are raising prices again!"

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 12

12 hours ago, Noserenda said:

So White dwarf has started a 6 part series of short stories covering the Wanderings of the titular White dwarf in AoS, which means the last one should be lined up nicely for book 4 or possibly 5 depending on release cadence. Could be nothing but a nice story, could be GW seeding the ground for a big Dawi release/reveal.

He is appropriately a bit sad about the state of the Fyreslayers, (in contrast to Gotreks contempt) so perhaps Old Grombrindal himself steps up to the godhood plate in an attempt to bring back the old ways? (Which all Dwarves know were better days :P )  I mean at this point he pretty much IS a god by AoS standards anyway, or we could see some development with the other Dwarf gods down the line. Could be interesting either way.

Also, with 4 Dwarf Cultures in AoS (And Chaos Dwarves not likely to get a positive visit!)  it implies there might be something other than a stop off at each.

Oh and in a vaguely related note, the design article on the giants also dropped some hints about currently unknown cultures and design queues we might see down the line!

Gargant cultures!? Is there as screengrab or a picture I could pretty please see?

4 hours ago, zamerion said:

32.50 euros

What is this in freedom dollars? $40? Still reasonable for some boxes like the 3-4 hero quality Vampires. The thing GW definitely has going for them raising the price now is that these Direchasm warbands so far have been some of the best looking. Knocking it out of the park with the S2D and Vampires imo.

3 hours ago, Enoby said:

I'm guessing £30 to £35 for the infantry and cavalry. Blissbarb archers at 10 in a box; the rest at 5 in a box. 

Any more in a box or less in cost and I'll be over the moon happy. Sadly I think whoever was in GW's marketing department when they set the Ossiarch prices isn't allowed in there any more for being far too "reasonable" :P

• Like 1

In my opinion Lumineth are overpriced. I’m budgeting for the new releases at the same prices as current Lumineth models and it’s costly, If they go up in price it’s not going to be very good I can’t see it becoming a hobby I can maintain in the same way. Just going to be people dropping off or buying less. With the great year they’ve had despite Covid they don’t need to increases prices so frequently 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:
4 hours ago, zamerion said:

What is this in freedom dollars? $40? Still reasonable for some boxes like the 3-4 hero quality Vampires. The thing GW definitely has going for them raising the price now is that these Direchasm warbands so far have been some of the be

It'll probably be £25 in Bong, so slap on GW's Colony Tax and $35-$40 sounds about right. 

The 'reasonable' price really depends on the warband. For something like Vampires that you can, presumably, use to proxy a character model it's pretty good. £22.50 for a Nurgle Sorcerer that's not twenty years old + two Blightkings isn't bad either. The problem is when you get something like Grymwatch where it's cheaper just to buy another box of generic Ghouls.

Also remember that Underworlds is pushed as something of a LCG, wherein even if you don't want the models these boxes contain a lot of cards that pretty much every player wants. You're not required to do it, but due to the importance of these cards - particularly if you're playing a weaker warband - and the competitive nature of the game (it's right there on the box) you're definitely pushed to it. If you're just into buying it for the models then yeah, by GW standards it's pretty cheap but if you play it half-way seriously the cost definitely ramps up almost deceptively quickly.

Underworlds also isn't the most popular game out there. It's definitely got a sizeable fanbase but it doesn't have the same massive numbers as 40k/AoS, where GW can afford to shed a few players and let the whales pick up the slack. If they push the numbers too high then you're potentially shedding players and not gaining those who were likely to get into it for it's low cost of entry... then the studio sees the numbers are falling and just leaves the game to rot and die, wondering what happened (see also: WHFB).

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Overread said:

I'm guessing £30 to £35 for the infantry and cavalry. Blissbarb archers at 10 in a box; the rest at 5 in a box. 

Any more in a box or less in cost and I'll be over the moon happy. Sadly I think whoever was in GW's marketing department when they set the Ossiarch prices isn't allowed in there any more for being far too "reasonable" :P

I have a feeling that Gluttos is going to be excessively expensive; I'm hoping they let the Ossiarch pricer have another shot and we get him for £65, but I'm expecting anything between £80 and £120. On the other hand, I think Sigvald will be 'cheap' at about £25. 

I think you're right about the infantry, blissbarbs on foot are the one I'm most worried about. The thing that put me off 2k points of Lumineth was how expensive their troops are, so I hope Slaanesh has at least one cheap mortal troop option!

7 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

It'll probably be £25 in Bong, so slap on GW's Colony Tax and $35-$40 sounds about right. 

The 'reasonable' price really depends on the warband. For something like Vampires that you can, presumably, use to proxy a character model it's pretty good. £22.50 for a Nurgle Sorcerer that's not twenty years old + two Blightkings isn't bad either. The problem is when you get something like Grymwatch where it's cheaper just to buy another box of generic Ghouls.

Also remember that Underworlds is pushed as something of a LCG, wherein even if you don't want the models these boxes contain a lot of cards that pretty much every player wants. You're not required to do it, but due to the importance of these cards - particularly if you're playing a weaker warband - and the competitive nature of the game (it's right there on the box) you're definitely pushed to it. If you're just into buying it for the models then yeah, by GW standards it's pretty cheap but if you play it half-way seriously the cost definitely ramps up almost deceptively quickly.

The dual demand for the contents of the box can also mitigate cost. If you don't want the cards, there's a group of people out there willing to pay for them. If you don't want the models, there's a different group of people willing to take them off your hands.