The Rumour Thread

17 minutes ago, zamerion said:

Is there release date expected for cursed city?  

We have no date this far, however

We know that in February there's Slaanesh, Daughters of Khaine and the Black Library weekend release

It's likely that Killteam and Underworld will follow fairly swift after - March/April because of how much GW chose to show. 

Lumineth and Cursed City got teasers only, which suggests they area good 2-3 months off each at the very least. 

GW's marketing traditionally worked in around a 3 month block, sometimes introducing an outlier now and then which would be further off. I would assume that they are going to retain that rough marketing window with this preview. So at the very best I would say 3 months, but I would expect a little longer; esp since Lumineth got to show off a bit more and I'd anticipate that they'd come first. 

10 hours ago, Enoby said:

I think this is the issue with GW's current hype cycle. They hype everyone up for army 1, wait a few months and hype dies down, and then hype army 2, release army 1 on lower hype, army 2's hype dies down, army 3 teased, release army 2 ad nauseum.  

I'd personally like them to just tease and release on a shorter period. The Slaanesh models are fantastic (as are the ones teased today), so it's a shame to have their toes trodden on by a new release, same as it's a shame the Lumineth release seems pretty overshadowed by vampire hype.

Personally I've set my mind on Slaanesh, though I'd recommend trying to think ahead to see if you'll still be as excited for Lumineth three months down the line? If so, save up for them or just get both :)

It is no so much about saving up, as it is about convincing my significant other I really need more models😛

• Haha 2

Warhammer Quest: i'm hoping that it comes with a solo play variant and GW is trying to push it as fast as possible cause of the current global situation. But yeah they've already got a lot to release for the next months, we'll see.

The map on the homepage, with the different locations and the fact that there are 5 'boss' enemies, gives me a feeling of some kind of X different dungeons to explore. So maybe we can choose as players "let's go to the Corpse-gardens to kill the Gravekeeper, for a specific item", kind of Diablo Boss-Farm runs. 

I'm hyped, loved Silver Tower and Hammerhal, so go GW bring it on!

And as someone mentioned, think the designers played a lot of darkes dungeon ^^ (dd board game already ordered, thinking of ways to combine these 2 games).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Overread said:

We have no date this far, however

We know that in February there's Slaanesh, Daughters of Khaine and the Black Library weekend release

It's likely that Killteam and Underworld will follow fairly swift after - March/April because of how much GW chose to show. 

Lumineth and Cursed City got teasers only, which suggests they area good 2-3 months off each at the very least. 

GW's marketing traditionally worked in around a 3 month block, sometimes introducing an outlier now and then which would be further off. I would assume that they are going to retain that rough marketing window with this preview. So at the very best I would say 3 months, but I would expect a little longer; esp since Lumineth got to show off a bit more and I'd anticipate that they'd come first. 

That sounds pretty on point.

For Broken Realms, we can also look at the Morathi timeline: The book was announced in August, and released in November. So about a three months turnaround. However, there was a one month gap between the announcement and  the first piece of news after that. This might be indicative of an unplanned delay for BR: Morathi. So, I would expect BR: Teclis in late March at the earliest, probably more likely April.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

And Destruction continues without any type of presence in the Broken Realms books... I'm so sad right now. 

Don't be' worry ! I believe destruction will  featuring one of the next broken realms tome. 

There are three short stories hinting Excelsis siege in Ghur with all armies of destruction. And there are probably another three more BR books to come.

The gate will shutter ! 

3 hours ago, King Under the Mountain said:

Also two Broken Realm Books with no Dwarf Faction.

Hope for a Broken Realms focused on Dwarfs increasing.

1 hour ago, cyrus said:

Don't be' worry ! I believe destruction will  featuring one of the next broken realms tome. 

There are three short stories hinting Excelsis siege in Ghur with all armies of destruction. And there are probably another three more BR books to come.

The gate will shutter ! 

Friends, don't forget the initial announcement of Broken Realms only mentioned the Aelven pantheon, in that order : Morahti, Teclis, Alarielle. 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/08/22/warhammer-preview-online-shadow-iron-broken-realms/

Morathi and Teclis have been confirmed since, so as Battletomes keep getting released in between, I think we'll "only" get three Broken Realms books, leading to 3rd Edition and the Siege of Excelsis (so huge Destruction focus there, vs SCE, CoS or Devoted :D )

Then we can get more stuff like Soulblight Gravelords, Chaos Duardin / Duardin soup, Grotbag Scuttlers, Tyrion/Malerion, etc. !

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Friends, don't forget the initial announcement of Broken Realms only mentioned the Aelven pantheon, in that order : Morahti, Teclis, Alarielle. 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/08/22/warhammer-preview-online-shadow-iron-broken-realms/

Morathi and Teclis have been confirmed since, so as Battletomes keep getting released in between, I think we'll "only" get three Broken Realms books, leading to 3rd Edition and the Siege of Excelsis (so huge Destruction focus there, vs SCE, CoS or Devoted :D )

Then we can get more stuff like Soulblight Gravelords, Chaos Duardin / Duardin soup, Grotbag Scuttlers, Tyrion/Malerion, etc. !

Didn't they also say that every faction would be touched on over the course of Broken Realms? Seems hard to do in only three books. I don't think this is very likely, but maybe Tyrion/Malerion for a fourth book?

• Like 1

Just now, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Didn't they also say that every faction would be touched on over the course of Broken Realms? Seems hard to do in only three books. I don't think this is very likely, but maybe Tyrion/Malerion for a fourth book?

Well yeah, but I understand that as "touched in the fluff". And honestly, rulewise, I didn't expected to get that much "side" stuff like Idolators or Misthavn in Morathi alone.

And Tyrion/Malerion, when we just got Teclis/Morathi, plus LRL and DOK Battletomes releases in recent months ? Can't see that happening at all. 

But I agree, three books is short. Then if it's to lead to 3rd Edition ... ;) 

1 minute ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Well yeah, but I understand that as "touched in the fluff". And honestly, rulewise, I didn't expected to get that much "side" stuff like Idolators or Misthavn in Morathi alone.

And Tyrion/Malerion, when we just got Teclis/Morathi, plus LRL and DOK Battletomes releases in recent months ? Can't see that happening at all. 

But I agree, three books is short. Then if it's to lead to 3rd Edition ... ;) 

I was thinking the most likely would be Malerion and his guys as a new faction. You are right that another Lumineth or DoK expansion seems unlikely. But a completely new faction in 9 to 12 months seems like a possibility.

At the moment I am wondering how Destruction will come into play in only three books worth of time. Especially since we still need to resolve the Slaanesh plotline. I guess their payoff from BR would be that they are the big antagonists of AoS 3.

3 hours ago, King Under the Mountain said:

Also two Broken Realm Books with no Dwarf Faction.

Hope for a Broken Realms focused on Dwarfs increasing.

Broken Realms: Grungni confirmed 😜

(someone has to finally fix all that broken realms & sh**)

Edited by eciu
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

4 hours ago, Lowki said:

Same for WH Quest. Looks so damn good, I will buy it for sure. Seems that many Rumor Engines can be solved from this, including the Johan/ birdhouse Tease.  Most if not all models from  Silver Tower made it to AoS matched play right? So it is reasonable to expect these (and more) for Gravelords?

It did but this looks to be similar to Blackstone Fortress, in that there will be a core box and then  multiple expansions over the next year or so. Not all the models have been released separately from Blackstone Fortress, just the firebrand cultists and the Chaos Lord. They all have rules in 40k, and the Chaos Space Marines got an update shortly afterwards though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Don’t think Malarion or Tyrion are getting BR books, the cycle indicate existing character with reusable artwork, are the ones getting the books. That means only Allerialle can get a book at this point in time. 

also BR would just be boring being all Aelves anyway and a failure when most people did get the memo anyway

• Like 1

Random musings but Broken Realms has had the following factions represented: 

Morathi:
Cities of Sigmar
Stormcast Eternals
Slaves to Darkness
Idoenth Deepkin
Daughters of Khaine

Teclis:
Cities of Sigmar 
Maggotkin of Nurgle
Flesh-eater Courts
Ossiarch Bonereapers
Lumineth Realm-Lords

I think its a good possibility that Cities of Sigmar will have additions in each book which means we are getting 4 new factions in each one (if they don't double up, which I think is unlikely).  There is 24 Factions total by my count (Counting Gravelords and not counting CoS) which could mean that we will get 6 books total.

So far the line has been heavy Order focused but I really believe we will get a Destruction focused one and possibly a Nagash one as well.  So my predictions for the other 4 books is as follows:

Broken Realms: Nagash
Broken Realms: Alarielle
Broken Realms: Gordrakk
Broken Realms: Grungi 

• LOVE IT! 2

12 minutes ago, King Under the Mountain said:

Random musings but Broken Realms has had the following factions represented: 

Morathi:
Cities of Sigmar
Stormcast Eternals
Slaves to Darkness
Idoenth Deepkin
Daughters of Khaine

Teclis:
Cities of Sigmar 
Maggotkin of Nurgle
Flesh-eater Courts
Ossiarch Bonereapers
Lumineth Realm-Lords

I think its a good possibility that Cities of Sigmar will have additions in each book which means we are getting 4 new factions in each one (if they don't double up, which I think is unlikely).  There is 24 Factions total by my count (Counting Gravelords and not counting CoS) which could mean that we will get 6 books total.

So far the line has been heavy Order focused but I really believe we will get a Destruction focused one and possibly a Nagash one as well.  So my predictions for the other 4 books is as follows:

Broken Realms: Nagash
Broken Realms: Alarielle
Broken Realms: Gordrakk
Broken Realms: Grungi 

CoS is repeated and I think slaneesh won’t have anything out of their new tome, so is completely unpredictable.

And I think they will release 4 books: Morathi, Teclis, Alarielle and Malerion