The Rumour Thread

I will try to be short but reading warhammer fantasy rpg I see a lot of things of the new warhammer quest.

I can't find images so if someone could it would be very nice.

The kurnothi guy is not kurnothi, it's a hunter. Pg 72 of the book. It is exactly, an elf with horns, bow, everything. Btw, kurnothi doesn't wear clothes.

And page 85. Knight career. I see a lot of things in that more than in a stormcast for the lady.

If someone can post those pictures you can see them. Plus we got witch hunter career and the warrior priest... 

I don't mean they are the same but I see this whq very grim dark as fantasy was and as rpg is set

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 minutes ago, Hoseman said:

I will try to be short but reading warhammer fantasy rpg I see a lot of things of the new warhammer quest.

I can't find images so if someone could it would be very nice.

The kurnothi guy is not kurnothi, it's a hunter. Pg 72 of the book. It is exactly, an elf with horns, bow, everything. Btw, kurnothi doesn't wear clothes.

And page 85. Knight career. I see a lot of things in that more than in a stormcast for the lady.

If someone can post those pictures you can see them. Plus we got witch hunter career and the warrior priest... 

I don't mean they are the same but I see this whq very grim dark as fantasy was and as rpg is set

Ok this are the pictures

16114436660653646211412559809959.jpg

16114436862927202418668331532888.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 5

30 minutes ago, silverstu said:

I just compared the silhouette with the revealed mounted character- they are totally different models not alt builds- that could be Tyrion and it would round out the release for Lumineth with a centrepiece box.

That preview was impressive-i expected to see a few more actual models but they teased a whole load more than that. Gobsmacked by the size of the Lumineth release- not my faction but exciting to see a faction get expanded so much- hopefully other factions will get similar attention.

The Vampire Underworlds war band are amazing sculpts - basically a set of vampire heroes in one box, that could be a really impressive range . 

The Cursed City is the most exciting- hoping the Kharadron model is a new type  and really hoping that is a Kurnothi hunter with the Antlers - these two have overrun areas in the cursed city related to their factions. Looking forward to seeing the full range - could be tempted as a collector to pick up the game. 

Looks like lots to come- I think they gave us just enough - its too early to reveal much more ahead of releases- I'm glad to have new content to look out for in the next weeks and months. By the sound of it I think Cursed City isn't that far away so hopefully we will get to see more from it soon. 

Incidentally from the illustrated video the female character beside the "Wolf" seems to be holding the jagged blade from the rumour engine. 

It is the same model with an alt build. The angel is different but the pose is the same and the tail is the same. Difference seems to be the rider (named character) and the head of the mount. 110% alt build though.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

If it is Tyrion, you can bet money he will be on a scenic base of some kind. From the silhouette, does that come across or is it the same mount and base as the mounted character that’s been revealed?  

Yeah it looks like his mount is leaping away from a rock outcrop in the silhouette - also the mount has a longer neck, the tail is lower and the rider has a large cloak by the looks of things..

4 minutes ago, Hoseman said:

Ok this are the pictures

16114436660653646211412559809959.jpg

16114436862927202418668331532888.jpg

Yeah you could be right about the hunter - its more likely a Wanderer although the bow is very similar to the Kurnothi archer [and they do wear clothes- just not a lot!But I would have expected big hair from the Kurnothi too. It would fit that this is more a CoS type force..

11 minutes ago, SirSalabean said:

It is the same model with an alt build. The angel is different but the pose is the same and the tail is the same. Difference seems to be the rider (named character) and the head of the mount. 110% alt build though.

Don't think so-  the back leg of the mount is pushing off a rock outcrop and it looks like the tail is looping down behind it - the Lord Regents mount both rear legs are in the air the tail is high. Plus the character has a large tasselled cape covering the back of the mount not flying behind . Plus the mounts leading leg has no armour on it unlike the Lord Regent- its a different kit or a different mount build with a different character build which seems a lot for a duel kit but not impossible. There just seems to be a lot of differences.

Edited by silverstu

In response to what someone said earlier,  I really doubt (or would hope) that all the new Lumineth warscrolls are not in BR Teclis and some saved for a new LRL Battletome. That would be a bit outrageous. 

Also, it looks like the kangaroo and vampire lord leak was genuine now doesn’t it?  Versus some sort of marketing campaign by GW.  It is hard to see where those previews would have fit into the scheme of last night. 

I thought the preview was pretty decent. It’s annoying when GW says they will show you something and then it’s just silhouettes, but they seem to get quite the kick out of it.  That’s why I don’t watch live and just take a look at the website whenever.  

Edited by Austin

GW has done expansion books before. What they might do is what they did for Chaos in 40K. A new Battletome that's a reprint of the old with the new content from the Teclis book added in. So those who already have the Battletome can just get the campaign book whilst those new to the army can just get the new Battletome directly with the updated content. 

It really depends how much they re-work the army internally when adding these models. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, silverstu said:

Don't think so-  the back leg of the mount is pushing off a rock outcrop and it looks like the tail is looping down behind it - the Lord Regents mount both rear legs are in the air the tail is high. Plus the character has a large tasselled cape covering the back of the mount not flying behind . Plus the mounts leading leg has no armour on it unlike the Lord Regent- its a different kit or a different mount build with a different character build which seems a lot for a duel kit but not impossible. There just seems to be a lot of differences.

I definitely see where you’re coming from as it threw me off however after re checking I’m still confident it’s an alternative build. The pose is the same I think it just looks like it’s coming off something. I’m willing to bet it’s the same core of the mount with variations, I think the leg armour isn’t attached to the leg so it can be bare. The head is different and the character on top is different which can explain the cape, the alt build also looks to have a flag. 

if you imagine the regent at a different angel you can see the similarities, the tail had the same ring and shape, same leg pose, same tassels coming from the seat. It’s plausible to have a different head and character. I think it’s a £35-£60 miniature. Not huge but has options like a lot of other medium-big multiparty models. 

from the new year tease there is 100% an alt build shown off too 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SirSalabean said:

I definitely see where you’re coming from as it threw me off however after re checking I’m still confident it’s an alternative build. The pose is the same I think it just looks like it’s coming off something. I’m willing to bet it’s the same core of the mount with variations, I think the leg armour isn’t attached to the leg so it can be bare. The head is different and the character on top is different which can explain the cape, the alt build also looks to have a flag. 

if you imagine the regent at a different angel you can see the similarities, the tail had the same ring and shape, same leg pose, same tassels coming from the seat. It’s plausible to have a different head and character. I think it’s a £35-£60 miniature. Not huge but has options like a lot of other medium-big multiparty models. 

from the new year tease there is 100% an alt build shown off too 

Yeah I can see what you mean .. I’m not totally convinced but yeah there a lots of similarities. Look forward to seeing how it turns out! 

14 minutes ago, Overread said:

GW has done expansion books before. What they might do is what they did for Chaos in 40K. A new Battletome that's a reprint of the old with the new content from the Teclis book added in. So those who already have the Battletome can just get the campaign book whilst those new to the army can just get the new Battletome directly with the updated content. 

It really depends how much they re-work the army internally when adding these models. 

Yeah true.  I suppose what I mean is a new battletome with exclusive new warscrolls.

On the Preview it states that the Broken Realms books will cover:

• Lumineth Realm-lords
  • Cities of Sigmar
  • Maggotkin of Nurgle
  • Flesh-eater Courts
  • Ossiarch Bonereapers

I have a sneaking suspicion that each Broken Realm book might come with a new set of rules for Cities of Sigmar that will tie into the featured title character. Possibly each one will set up a different city to include new allies. Maybe this is just wishful thinking on my part?

• Like 8
  • LOVE IT! 2

20 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

On the Preview it states that the Broken Realms books will cover:

• Lumineth Realm-lords
  • Cities of Sigmar
  • Maggotkin of Nurgle
  • Flesh-eater Courts
  • Ossiarch Bonereapers

I have a sneaking suspicion that each Broken Realm book might come with a new set of rules for Cities of Sigmar that will tie into the featured title character. Possibly each one will set up a different city to include new allies. Maybe this is just wishful thinking on my part?

As a collector of both CoS and Lumineth, I really hope they make a city that allies Lumineth. It could make me mix between my two armies! 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

I can see that too, specially if the book focus on a different realm to give other options for cities/show how the cities change from realm to realm. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

I can see that too, specially if the book focus on a different realm to give other options for cities/show how the cities change from realm to realm. 

I wonder if it will help or hurt in terms of speculation regarding future Broken Realms books? I also was honestly hoping for a similar thing for Slaves to Darkness but alas that seems to not be the case.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I wonder if it will help or hurt in terms of speculation regarding future Broken Realms books? I also was honestly hoping for a similar thing for Slaves to Darkness but alas that seems to not be the case.  

Well if every faction other than cities had to appear at least once and each book cover only 5 factions, we will see at least 4 books to fit everything in. It effectively turn the 5 faction per book into 4 faction per book after the first one. Seeing the book after Teclis should help see if there is a pattern in the series or not.

On a mechanical perspective I believe in the long run a good amount of the rules will end quietly similar (or swallow). At this point I would be surprised if we got at least one city that let you choose another order non-stormcast faction as part of the list, just for the sake of completion (basically, Lumineth, Idoneth, Fyreslayers and Seraphon, so at least 4 cities).

3 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

The lack of Nighthaunt and ESPECIALLY Legions of Nagash is interesting.

The probably left Nighthaunt out to not use all of the death factions in one book. If the Gravelords indeed come after this book (and end with what is left of the legions with zombies, vampires and skeletons) it make sense to not give Legions of Nagash an update. Teclis book narrative should give us some ideia of the future of the Legion. Maybe they do a minor update to it after the Gravelords release and make it the "play all death factions together" faction.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Souleater said:

I am a little old fashioned in wanting vampires to be rare, powerful creatures with different servant creatures filling the mid to low tier ranks.

If it takes 3 Vampires + Man-Bat or 4 Vampires in a warband to be on par with 3 stormcasts in a warband you know they can't be really powerful. Sorry.

I really hoped it was Kurnothi. That would almost guarantee GW will release them as a full faction in the future. Hope they just don't stay as a single warband and that's it.

Edited by Aeryenn
  • Like 2

I think it was a pretty good preview. and with everything what was already shown before, it got me really excited about what is to come this year.  Totally Hyped!

Basically the preview had  everything I expected or hoped for. Maybe  a few more true reveals for LRL would have been nice, but I think that is more or less compensated by the leaks last week. Maybe these pictures were meant to be shown in the preview, and not intentionally leaked by GW after all, as many assumed? Either way it looks like LRL get plenty of options to chose from.  I am aware that the quiet original and creative take on the Ealves is not everyones cup of tea and I guess the people who really wanted High Elves already gave up on them. But for those who already loved LRL, or the ones who like some but not all from the current LRL range (or hate some of it) this, I think this is very good news. This gonna be a very interesting army I think. I personally like how they got a certain majestic and serene look and feel, similar of how nature can present itself when you experience it from i.e. a top of a mountain. Overwhelming and calming, making you feel small. This where i.e. Sylvaneth and Kurnothi represents the more wild and untamed side of nature. Only question remains: Where is Tyrion. The sory of the two twon brothers is to good to be ignored I think. I cannot imagine that he doesn't show up somewhere. Following the discussion above, maybe its him in the vid. But as of now I tend to think it is just an alt built. But who knows.

The WHU Vampires are absolutely awesome. Instant buy for me. I still find the current Vampire lords up to standard, but if the warband is what we can expect from Gravelords...damn, can hardly wait to see what is next.

Same for WH Quest. Looks so damn good, I will buy it for sure. Seems that many Rumor Engines can be solved from this, including the Johan/ birdhouse Tease.  Most if not all models from  Silver Tower made it to AoS matched play right? So it is reasonable to expect these (and more) for Gravelords?

Th e new BT for DoK was an unexpected surprise, love the Endless spells. If 3.0 is indeed gonna happen this year, as many expect it, I guess this BT will be 3.0 Ready. Same for Slaanesh. Would be nice if it comes with one or few new models, but have seen no signs of it so far.

Now the waiting is  for more reveals for Gravelords. Guess that will be for the next big preview (whenever that is gonna happen). Lore-wise it seems to make sense that when Nagash is weakened or distracted by Teclis assault (don't expect exepct him to be destroyed), Vampires, always hungry for power, will take the opportunity to revolt against him.  I will probably not start a LRL army myself, I am tempted by Slaanesh, and will mpore than likely start to collect DoK soon. But Gravelords, if it is what I think it is, is the the army I really want. Really glad that, for what we have seen so far, GW has a a more traditional approach this time, compared with i.e. OBR.

This gonna be long long months for me.

Edited by Lowki
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1