The Rumour Thread

22 minutes ago, Infernalslayer said:

I am beginning to think some of the old Death sculpt updates will be done through the Warhammer Quest Cursed City 

This is not unlikely, that's how Genestealer Cult update began in 40k few years back. And If I recall correctly, Silver tower was a first outing of both tzaangors and kairic acolytes.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JD222 said:

Praying to Khaine for a DoK terrain piece... The Mathcoir mother cauldron perhaps? Top left zoom in to new battletome image.

As much as I want one (I'm still salty Tzeentch missed out!) they almost certainly would have mentioned it in the preview if we were getting one. 

Edited by Jaskier

8 minutes ago, JD222 said:

Praying to Khaine for a DoK terrain piece... The Mathcoir mother cauldron perhaps? Top left zoom in to new battletome image.

Screenshot_20210123-105508.png

That just looks like a regular blood cauldron with a queen making an offering standing above it. So what we've already got. 

11 minutes ago, dekay said:

This is not unlikely, that's how Genestealer Cult update began in 40k few years back. And If I recall correctly, Silver tower was a first outing of both tzaangors and kairic acolytes.

And Blackstone Fortress had a couple of regular CSM before the Vigilus update.

But the WQ boxes have a lot of diversity, hard to say what is actually a hint for future releases. Cities of Sigmar, KO, Kurnothi... ? hard to conclude, very weak signals.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

Man I just hope other factions will get a wave like Lumineth sometimes in the future think about just getting 9 more units for Fyreslayers or Ironjawz that would be amazing

If 3.0 is Excelsius, Ironjawz are going to get a collosal update then.

Fyreslayers tho... Ugh... RIP 

Tried to piece together some rumour engines. One thing to note, there is a lot of day and night iconography in the art, which suggests there might be variants of certain models. Could be that the people of Ulfenkarn are cursed during the night or something. 

Some of the locations also suggest: 

Gheistgale = Nighthaunt?

The Clot = FEC (mentions carrion horrors)

Corpse Gardens = Gravekeeper dude

Hangmans Copse = mentions bats and Sylvaneth? 

E46DC169-4287-429C-8E00-C16B72BD7A81.jpeg

Edited by NotAWzrd
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 3
  • LOVE IT! 3

Totally jazzed for the Underworlds vampires AND Warhammer Quest. A great preview for what will come for the Soulblight Gravelords subfaction. Vampires, Zombies, Skeletons and Necromancers are what make up my LoN army right now, so this is all right up my alley. 

I’m going to hazard a guess that what appears to be two Lumineth hero’s on one base will be based on the idea of the magic clones discussed in the battle tomb. Furthermore, one has a sun crest on their helmet and the other a moon, representing both Teclis and Tyrion. I forget which of the nations has the clones, but I’d wager they’re from that one.

DBE81D76-9B6B-410A-9AF0-8EA670546C95.jpeg

19 minutes ago, NotAWzrd said:

Tried to piece together some rumour engines. One thing to note, there is a lot of day and night iconography in the art, which suggests there might be variants of certain models. Could be that the people of Ulfenkarn are cursed during the night or something. 

Some of the locations also suggest: 

Gheistgale = Nighthaunt?

The Clot = FEC (mentions carrion horrors)

Corpse Gardens = Gravekeeper dude

Hangmans Copse = mentions bats and Sylvaneth? 

E46DC169-4287-429C-8E00-C16B72BD7A81.jpeg

You nailed all of them. Nice work! :)
which means there are no Rumours engines left which could relate to an update of the Death range apart from ulfencarn 😢

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

I'm super interested in who the big lad is with the Witch Hunter!! An Ogor or perhaps even an Orruk?

Not sure he's either.  He's a big lad, that's for sure, but he's standing next to a dwarf.  His shoulder pad is cool, but kinda strange for an Ogor or Orruk.  It looks specific and well-made, with a detailed grumpy face with a single horn.  The ogors and orruks are not known for that kind of specific artistry.  I'm thinking it's either a buff-as-heck human, or member of a new, rare species of mortal, perhaps tangentially related to the formorids or chaos' ogroids.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

You nailed all of them. Nice work! :)
which means there are no Rumours engines left which could relate to an update of the Death range apart from ulfencarn 😢

I've double checked Warlord Kurgan's Twitter, and there is still quite a few Deathy left unsolved inc. banners, wings and the ominous werewolf feet.

There is most certainly more to come - even with Ulfenkarn and Crimson Court.

The leaked Vampire Lord also had 0 rumour engine teasers, same as most of the new Lumineth stuff.

This faction update is looking monumental.

Gives me hope we'll get a proper Cities update if they can do it for what seems to be the entire VC range at this stage

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

10 minutes ago, Dreddships said:

I've double checked Warlord Kurgan's Twitter, and there is still quite a few Deathy left unsolved inc. banners, wings and the ominous werewolf feet.

The baddies in the WHQ video that are hanging from buildings have those wolf feet.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mutton said:

The baddies in the WHQ video that are hanging from buildings have those wolf feet.

I can see the big bossman of the city being the chunky wolf feet from last week and the smaller wolf feet being these lesser pack members or infected or thralls or what have you.

I really liked what we saw in that preview. I do think people need to manage their expectations a bit better; it's a bit disheartening to see people discard the entire preview as disappointing despite all the cool stuff we saw because it wasn't exactly what they wanted. That's not to say it's wrong to complain, it just seems a shame to hype yourself up for something specific and then get disappointed when it isn't specifically what you wanted. Reminds me of the Christmas release when everyone got themselves hyped about vampirates, and then some were dissapointed it was Slaanesh. 

That said, I would prefer it if GW didn't show things so far in advance. Like @mojojojo101 said, the Slaanesh hype has mostly died and turned into patient waiting, and the Lumineth hype and vampire hype will likely do the same in a few months. It must work money-wise (I can't imagine many will go off these armies in this time), but it obviously drains people.

I like the Lumineth stuff but I'm confused why they're getting so much so soon. It rubs me the wrong way, and feels like they're getting a second wave that'll need a new battletome/rulebook when the old one has hardly been used yet. At least the Slaanesh battletome is nearly two years old and very out of date (and not particularly liked).

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Seems kind of crazy Lumineth are getting more new units than they already have and will get that in an expansion, it is what it is I guess. Also very worried for the health of the meta, as Lumineth is already rather oppressive with sentinels and getting ballistas and super archer characters seems that might bring it way over the top. It wont bother many, but I worry seeing this in tournaments in the future. I do like the look of the greatsword guys, swordmasters was the coolest thing for high elves, possibly next to white lions.

No Gravelords was a bit disappointing, but there was already so much crammed in there, we can look forward to them later on and the Warhammer quest seems super cool. Starting to get a bit numb to all those warbands, it seems they reveal so many, yet the releases get further and further away. LoN players will also be happy to get some new vampires on foot, especially the winged guy, hopefully the gravelords can make good use of them. 

If the warbands is any indication for a new army for death, that looks like it will be very hard to resist, the quality is top notch, far better than the first leaked vamp with the bat hair.

• Like 1

Wauw that was an awesome preview. So glad to see that another WHQ is coming out. I think they said that its full coop? Hope that there might be a gm mode as well but either way it looks freakin nice!

Thats an insta buy. It suits me just fine that the Soulblight Gravelords will come as a follow up on Cursed City.

Hate to admit it but even the LRL preview looked good.

Anyone else but me got the vibe that maybe the winged Soulblight vampire from the Crimson Court won’t be a hero but a normal unit warrior in the Soulblight faction?

Edited by Greasygeek