The Rumour Thread

41 minutes ago, Chumphammer said:

I kinda hope Gotrek turns up and shouts at Teclis and Nagash. He is heading after Nagash anyway so would make sense him being there 

And smash teclis’s face in in addition.

b’cause no elv-filth should ever be carrying hammers

love the idea

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

That's what I thought ! 

Does it means Broken Realms III will be about Alarielle ??

Thinking so.. hopefully bringing about the return of Kurnoth and a Kurnothi release [maybe not with the book but setting up for later..]🤞Still thinkthis is what the spirit of  Aenarion gets up to..Reading the Orion series and rage is pretty much his thing.]

Edited by silverstu

55 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

So it seems quite likely now that perhaps Gordrakk and the Siege of Excelsis may be the start of 3.0 and end of Broken Realms.

I really cannot wait to see what Skagrott has planned for the Mega Gargants and what new units will come to Destruction if any through Broken Realms. Hopefully those RE will end up being a new Ogor model or unit. 

I not only think that is true but I think it is also why Games Workshop is pushing the Aelf narrative so hard in 2.0 as I think the Duardin will be key in defending Azyr in 3.0! 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I not only think that is true but I think it is also why Games Workshop is pushing the Aelf narrative so hard in 2.0 as I think the Duardin will be key in defending Azyr in 3.0! 

The glorious return to power of the people go Grungni.. I like it... 

• Like 3

What if the vampire rebellion leads to beating nagash (maybe weakened by lumineth) and nagash giving them more control out of respect for beating him? Or the rebellion happens then Lumineth show up so they settle differences vampires get more control and join nagash to defeat the lumineth?

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

So it seems quite likely now that perhaps Gordrakk and the Siege of Excelsis may be the start of 3.0 and end of Broken Realms.

I really cannot wait to see what Skagrott has planned for the Mega Gargants and what new units will come to Destruction if any through Broken Realms. Hopefully those RE will end up being a new Ogor model or unit. 

I could see Excelsis being the 'Soul Wars' of 3.0 for sure. Destruction is the only GA which hasn't been in a starter force, a 'focus' on them for 3.0 in the same way as Death seems about due and Orcs are both an iconic Warhammer image as well as Ironjawz being simple to paint and perfect for beginners alongside Stormcast.

It could be that Broken Realms as a prelude focusing on the factions revolving around it, such as the Gloomspite Gitz and SoB whilst Ironjawz (or Warclans) get saved for the Nighthaunt/Death Guard/Necrons treatment in the immediate launch of 3.0.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

Anyway, here's my prediction for broken realms Teclis, Teclis' forces chop through the nighthaunts, they're in the trailer. The Lumineth partially or reverses the the effect of the Nadir within shyish restoring it to how it was but in the process this causes more chaos across the realms. Due to the bonereapers being wrapped up in the eight points and the routing of the nighthaunt, Nagash turns to the vampires, leading into their battletome.

Edited by shinros
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

Hell yes. Orders new Faction for 3.0 is new Duardin!!

43 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I could see Excelsis being the 'Soul Wars' of 3.0 for sure. Destruction is the only GA which hasn't been in a Grand Alliance, a 'focus' on them for 3.0 in the same way as Death seems about due and Orcs are both an iconic Warhammer image as well as Ironjawz being simple to paint and perfect for beginners alongside Stormcast.

It could be that Broken Realms as a prelude focusing on the factions revolving around it, such as the Gloomspite Gitz and SoB whilst Ironjawz (or Warclans) get saved for the Nighthaunt/Death Guard/Necrons treatment in the immediate launch of 3.0.

Orruks definitely need some bolstering to their ranks. They are an icon of Warhammer and Fantasy settings in general and they deserve a massive relaunch!!

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

4 hours ago, alghero81 said:

This... am I the only thinking that going after Nagash after he is the only one who dented a bit Chaos in his own territory now that Slaanesh is getting free, Morathi started a civil war and Gordrak is getting ready to invade Azyr is the stupidest thing the God of Illumination could do???

ah sorry we are talking about Teclis...

The Necroquake has increased Hysh falling apart, and then we have Ossiarch Bonereapers invading Hysh trying to wipe out the Lumineth, that’s mentioned in the blurb about the new novel coming. So it’s probably not the stupidest thing a God of Illumination can do. 

0A68FBF7-759F-4A4B-9900-76867DAD05F5.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Aleser said:

That is not always a case, you can see some fighters in UW which are still not in main game.

Tree revenant archer says hi 😭😭
or all other beasts like the dog in the Darkoath army or the bats in the FEC army 

Edited by alghero81
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

The Necroquake has increased Hysh falling apart, and then we have Ossiarch Bonereapers invading Hysh trying to wipe out the Lumineth, that’s mentioned in the blurb about the new novel coming. So it’s probably not the stupidest thing a God of Illumination can do. 

Definitely picking this up it sounds incredible. 

• Like 2

Vampires round out Death nicely, leaving only FEC really needing new models. Feels like the only major presence missing* from the mortal realms now is a flagship Duardin and Destruction faction. 

As @Neverchosen says, with the focus being on the Aelven pantheon for the rest of 2.0 it does feel as though the next edition will inevitably  place a heavier focus on Destruction and perhaps whatever Grungni’s been up to. I do wonder whether Ironjawz will remain as the “protagonist” faction for orruks and they just revisit that aesthetic, or if something else entirely is coming.

Lastly, as a massive fan of the quirkier Lumineth models, I really want to see them to see them do something similar with the Duardin (apologies in advance to anyone who vehemently disagrees with this! )

*I’m not including Malerion/ Umbraneth btw as they are essentially confirmed. 

Edited by NotAWzrd

20 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

Ok it’s a novel with protagonists Lumineth... let me guess, this Carreth is going to succeed and kill this unnamed and therefore not important Ossiarch general.

Katakros is not there in Hysh, the Ossiarch are not led by anyone important, hence big set back for them. Problem solved!

Let’s move on...

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, NotAWzrd said:

As @Neverchosen says, with the focus being on the Aelven pantheon for the rest of 2.0 it does feel as though the next edition will inevitably  place a heavier focus on Destruction and perhaps whatever Grungni’s been up to. I do wonder whether Ironjawz will remain as the “protagonist” faction for orruks and they just revisit that aesthetic, or if something else entirely is coming.

I hope Destruction gets rightfully their time under the sun but I hope in addition for crazy new factions rather than just Orcs and Goblins. Sons cover a niche area but in the end they are bigger Ogors, would need something different, maybe not even humanoid. Insectoid?

1 hour ago, NotAWzrd said:

Lastly, as a massive fan of the quirkier Lumineth models, I really want to see them to see them do something similar with the Duardin (apologies in advance to anyone who vehemently disagrees with this! )

oh i'm chomping at the bit for weird duardin.. badger cavalry when GW!! they're perfect for our stubborn angry stunties

• Like 3

1 hour ago, alghero81 said:

Ok it’s a novel with protagonists Lumineth... let me guess, this Carreth is going to succeed and kill this unnamed and therefore not important Ossiarch general.

Katakros is not there in Hysh, the Ossiarch are not led by anyone important, hence big set back for them. Problem solved!

Let’s move on...

Oh I assumed the general was Arkhan given the history with Eltharion.

• Like 1

Lumineth element things seem to have a nice template established.
-elite troops
-mage
-elemental spirit
Mountain had hammer troops, mage on ridiculous perch, cow god. Wind is shaping up to have the special heavy archers, mage on cloud which may or may not be ridiculous, and likely the wind spirit which was the windy rumour image.

Sword dudes seem to be base units, and vanari regent finally gives a melee hero, generic. Maybe they'll toss in artillery tomorrow too.

7 hours ago, NotAWzrd said:

Vampires round out Death nicely, leaving only FEC really needing new models. Feels like the only major presence missing* from the mortal realms now is a flagship Duardin and Destruction faction. 

*I’m not including Malerion/ Umbraneth btw as they are essentially confirmed. 

While I would love a big expansion of the Ironjawz ( and a redone Bonesplitterz) I wouldn't be surprised if GW would continue with the Orruk Warclans setup they have by launching "basic" orruks. These orruks could that take enough visually design hints from both Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz to tie them all better together while diversifying the range.

The path forwards for orruks are decided by if they are kept united in a tome or if they'll get split up again. Either way (as I see it) will reflect on how them all, a subfaction or a specific theme is brought forwards as the future.

• Like 1