The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I think it'll depend on what exactly the Soulblight release is.

If it's a 'replacement' for Legions of Nagash, I could see it being in Broken Realms.

If it's truly making Soulblight into their own, standalone thing, then I think it'll be a Battletome.

Interestingly, given the new name on the Vampire Clampack leaked Monday, I still think we'll get a Battletome : Soulblight Gravelords (IMO in replacement to Legions of Nagash). 

We know BT can coexist with Broken Realms boosks, because of the Hedonites coming soon. 

The new Lumineth Wind Temple  wave will probably take the rules space in Broken Realms : Teclis, as they already have a Battletome. 

It's worth noting Teclis wants to bring an end to the Soul Wars, i.e. the entire AOS2 narrative arc.... Leading right to a new edition right ????

• Like 2

maybe for the moment we just have the vampire with this book. And the rest of undead miniatures are from a warhammer quest. And then in a few months a whole army of vampires will come out.

Of course with all the ilumineth, it is rare that many new units of undead also come out in this book

1 minute ago, LordAlpharius said:

Unless Teclis utterly wipes the floor with Nagash any soulblight revolt would probably be easily crushed by Nagash, so I dont think GW will take lore in that direction.

I doubt he succeeds in destroying Nagash, but vampires could use a massive Lumineth attack as a distraction and rebel while Nagash is focusing there.

3 minutes ago, LordAlpharius said:

Unless Teclis utterly wipes the floor with Nagash any soulblight revolt would probably be easily crushed by Nagash, so I dont think GW will take lore in that direction.

Yeah, why would they weaken Nagash's control of Shyish? That would make it some sort of Fractured Domain. A Broken Realm if you will. I don't think that's a theme they are going for 😉

• Like 5
  • Haha 9

14 minutes ago, Nasnad said:

Now I am worried that the soulblight release will be nothing put a new vampire, and some rules in broken realms

That's the worst case scenario. I'd rather vampires were hold on with a release for another 5 years rather than give them a few new heroes and recycled LoN. Vampires should have like 15 units of their own theme.

Edited by Aeryenn
  • Like 1

Nagash has model level plot armour so he won't be killed off. That said he might come under enough pressure that his mental state becomes even more fragmented than it already is. If he fragments and breaks enough he could end up just as powerful, but so utterly broken that he can't impose his will so easily upon willful vampires. Therefore resulting in him losing actual control even if the vampires don't yet realise it.

It would at least break some more of the power-base that is the undead. 

• Like 2

So I expected BR: Teclis and a whole new range of Lumineth miniatures (Windchargers, Lord regent in dual kit, Fox spirit and "wind/cloud mages") but seeing those blademasters in the video...The mere possibility of bringing the glory of Hoeth back to the tabletop makes my wallet tremble.

Teclis invading Shyish is not at all where I predicted this to go.

Is it just me who can't imagine this ends well for ol' Aelfy boi?

It took Archaon, Belakor and a collosal army to deal with Katakros and Olynder alone...

What is an Aelf with a Big Hat going to do against not just those two, but also the other three Mortarchs and Nagash himself, on their home turf?

-

In other news, give me Grand Alliance : 80s Cartoon Villains, where Evil-Lyn and Skeletor, wait I mean Morathi and Skeletor, team up to fight He-Man, I mean, Sigmar.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Yeah, why would they weaken Nagash's control of Shyish? That would make it some sort of Fractured Domain. A Broken Realm if you will. I don't think that's a theme they are going for 😉

Sure, Broken Realms can definately change power balance, but for a soulblight rebellion to have more than 0,0000001% chance of surviving, Nagash's defeat would have to be a lot more more devastating than the one he suffered in the age of chaos.,

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

It's worth noting Teclis wants to bring an end to the Soul Wars, i.e. the entire AOS2 narrative arc.... Leading right to a new edition right ????

Yup I think so too. Broken Realms: Morathi set up the Hedonites battle tome. I think this book could focus on Nighthaunt and perhaps Bonereapers as well, tying up any loose ends regarding the necroquake before they shift gear and delve into the new Soulblight stuff later on. Then subsequent Broken Realms books can focus on setting up 3.0. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dreddships said:

Teclis invading Shyish is not at all where I predicted this to go.

Is it just me who can't imagine this ends well for ol' Aelfy boi?

It took Archaon, Belakor and a collosal army to deal with Katakros and Olynder alone...

What is an Aelf with a Big Hat going to do against not just those two, but also the other three Mortarchs and Nagash himself, on their home turf?

(...)

Well they kinda teased that recently, notably with the Hammerhal Herald IIRC...

Also, Katakros is busy in the Eightpoints, so Shyish is less defended now (well, the God  of Dead was just there)

Broken Realms : Tome I announced the Hedonites battletome, so Tome II could announce Battletome : Soulblight Gravelords.

EDIT : if the 3rd (and last ?) BR book is indeed about Alarielle, then it could announce BT : Maggotkin (a very old one) just before Starter Set for 3rd edition and DESTRUCTION HEGEMONY / FALL OF EXCELSIS

Edited by HorticulusTGA
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, BaylorCorvette said:

so BR: Morathi was announced Aug 22 and then was released Nov 14 I think. I hope this doesn't mean BR: Teclis isn't coming out until like April..

I feel you might be waiting a while :( if Slaanesh's battletome is taking up February, there's a decent chance they'll alternate back to 40k for March, and then April will be AoS again.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Broken Realms : Tome I announced the Hedonites battletome, so Tome II could announce Battletome : Soulblight Gravelords.

God I hope you are right, I am way too hyped for a new death release, and only setting myself up for disappointment

3 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

EDIT : if the 3rd (and last ?) BR book is indeed about Alarielle, then it could announce BT : Maggotkin (a very old one) just before Starter Set for 3rd edition and DESTRUCTION HEGEMONY / FALL OF EXCELSIS

that make sense, since those theoretical three book would sort of update all the 1.5 battletomes (DoK, IDK, Nurgle, and maybe LoN)

• Like 1