The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Ragest said:

They shouldn’t care about people playing their game? Wow. So what they should care about.

They sell a model game, not a unrelated pc modding platform, which is was your argument. Without the faq the game is playable for 99.99% of the population. 

People need to relax, its the winter faq not a GHB, if you aren't waiting to start Serpahon buy your models. I'm waiting just as impatiently, but realistically the there isn't much in the mix for seismic changes, and if you want to play and army the faq won't change that. If anything waiting for an faq with anything faction other than #1-3 is probably just putting you in a position to be wrecked by an battletome or GHB. 

• Like 10

15 hours ago, Saturmorn Carvilli said:

This is conjecture on my part.  That said:

I don't think that it is a coincidence that there are four aspects each being very elemental in their nature.  Additionally, each can correspond to the classical 4 elements as in Mountain=Earth, Wind=Air, River=Water and Zenith=...fire?

Let's take a moment to consider the word Zenith in the context of a faction named off the word illumination from the Realm of Light.  Considering those words, I think it's easy to think of Zenith of the Sun or its highest point, often when it is at its brightest.  The sun is also basically a ball of fire IRL.  So in our context it fits very well with the four classic elements which was a classical Greek and Hindi idea both.  Which the Lumineth are at least partly inspired aesthetically.

However, Hysh's light can't just be fire since Aqshy exists.  It also is more interesting to be more of an esoteric positive energy that polarizes well with Ulgu's negative energy since it can be demonstrated that in the Mortal Realms shadow is not simply the absence of light.  So I believe that Zenith is the placeholder for the classic element fire in a universe where light itself is an elemental force of positive energy which also happens to be the fundamental aspect of an entire Mortal Realm in which the very Lumineth are from.  And to be a student of this aspect temple be both the most challenging and most regarded as to literally be at the zenith of understanding.

This has been my Hyshian scholarly dissertation, I thank you for your time.

It might be conjecture but I have to agree; it doesn't make sense for Zenith to just be ~the sky~ and if it was the sun they'd have called it a Sun Temple. It's got to be something slightly esoteric that isn't simple fire.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

In all honesty I hope for Soulblight Gravelords to be a true reworking of Vampire Counts and all the old families to be represented. Maybe they can function somewhat like Chaos Marks. I would also like the different families to open different alliances between death factions e.g. Strigoi allying with FEC.

Honestly that would be amazing

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Always love new stuff, and I don't collect Lumineth so it's all good, but to have a new book (and the models that go together) focused on LRL less than a year after their initial release does have a feeling of day-1 DLC, also considering the timing for book and models production

8 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I wonder if this means the Vampire stuff will be Broken Realms rather than its own battletome for now. I'd hope not, but this does seem to be Lumineth vs Nagash as a setup.

I think they’ll be their own thing later on. Nighthaunt and Bonereapers have a good chance of appearing in this book though as it mentioned Nagash, Soul Wars and the Necroquake. 

Edited by NotAWzrd

5 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

That's what I thought ! 

Does it means Broken Realms III will be about Alarielle ??

I think it depends on how / when they want to move Slaanesh forward as well as when Gordrakk and Skagrott are going to show up at Exclesis.

I think Gravelords will be a seperate book that comes alongside Broken Realms: Teclis.

Also: just occurred to me whatever the Newborn story is could be resolved actually in the Slaanesh book, rather than in a Broken Realms story...

Edited by mojojojo101

8 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I wonder if this means the Vampire stuff will be Broken Realms rather than its own battletome for now. I'd hope not, but this does seem to be Lumineth vs Nagash as a setup.

I think it'll depend on what exactly the Soulblight release is.

If it's a 'replacement' for Legions of Nagash, I could see it being in Broken Realms.

If it's truly making Soulblight into their own, standalone thing, then I think it'll be a Battletome.

2 minutes ago, mojojojo101 said:

I think it depends on how / when they want to move Slaanesh forward as well as when Gordrakk and Skagrott are going to show up at Exclesis.

Absolutely. Now we know Telicis is taking on Nagash, not (mainly ?) Slaanesh...

Slaanesh gets a Battletome soon, so its story should move forward with it. 

I'm confident Gordrakk and Skargrott will lead the siege of Excelsis with the new Edition (Starter set coming after Broken Realms ?)

3 hours ago, Ragest said:

Yes, people afraid to invest money on an army that they don’t know if is going to be playable in a week, or people with a top meta army that don’t find anyone to play or just people wanting to start a new army.

Wow, drama much? 

1 minute ago, Arzalyn said:

With Morathi broken realms we got events in motion that probably lead to the new Slaanesh battletome. Maybe the same thing will ocour here. Teclis assault affect Nagash, which lead us to the Soulblight Gravelords battletome.

Maybe Broken Realms Slambo will introduce Maleion's Aelves 😎