The Rumour Thread

9 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

Hope you are right.

Please don't feel insulted, but this is an unexpected lack of media literacy. May I suggest to check the source and the context of suspicious AOS news the next time you share it with us? It could prevent some confusion.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Beliman said:

Calm down. Maybe I need to edit first post to make it clar that it's a JOKE because it seems that can offend some people.

Btw, I love 8peaks too.

Why would that offend people?

it would be the perfect starter box.

not just a fun way to start with 2 friends but a whole three🤩.

also it is skaven goblins and real Dwarfs, the most aosy army in the whole system.

ps: this is just wishlisting, nothing I say or mention in this post is currently known by men. And their might be a chance it won’t happen

or will it?? (I’m not certain)

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

Soo still expecting GW to reveal the name of the next Broken realms before Saturday like they said they would in their past Sunday preview? Also that Khagra's Ravagers article hasn't shown up yet either...

It is very likely not going to be the skaven.

Even if it breaks my heart saying that,

But I do have a feeling that we aren’t quit out yet.

like they always say, the skaven, sneak-steal the top spots, when least expected 

Edited by Skreech Verminking

58 minutes ago, Bayul said:

Please don't feel insulted, but this is an unexpected lack of media literacy. May I suggest to check the source and the context of suspicious AOS news the next time you share it with us? It could prevent some confusion.

The image was passed to me by a friend with no source written down. He was really crushed by this message as he is a LoN player. His emotions influenced me as well so maybe I reacted a bit too soon.

Hope no battletomes were burned or Nagash miniatures decapitated as a result. 😉

Edited by Aeryenn

1 hour ago, sandlemad said:

There is another one made by the same dude about KOs and Fly High.

Nothing to take it seriously, just a joke.

25 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

Soo still expecting GW to reveal the name of the next Broken realms before Saturday like they said they would in their past Sunday preview? Also that Khagra's Ravagers article hasn't shown up yet either...

It's not impossible that we get it tomorrow, but I wouldn't be surprised if they choose to roll it in with the Saturday's preview. It's worth bearing in mind that due to leaks, a nice chunk of the AOS previews came out earlier than planned this week, so they might choose to roll the Broken Realms preview into the reveal show to make up for lost time. 

8 minutes ago, novakai said:

i thought they meant it as the new BR fiction story  was releasing this week , which it already has for people who subscribe to it

Just rewatched the preview. It said that Warhammer Community would have "news on the next installment of Broken Realms." I suppose that could just be the story but not great wording as usual from GW if that's what they meant.

Let me preface this over-analysis of the English language by saying that nothing I'm about to posit actually proves anything as far what GW actually meant. We've all been hurt by their words before.

With that out of the way . . .

"News on the next installment" is an expression that implies partial information or some sort of preview will be given, leading to a full reveal later.

While that might apply to the short story given in a broad sense (there was a pretty juicy Tzeentchian prophecy in there) it doesn't necessarily work because the short story is a whole installment that was fully released.

A hint or tease at the next book in the series, on the other hand, would match the verbage perfectly, as we know they would only give us a taste for now and build to the full release later.

That's my long-winded way of saying that I'm tentatively hopeful we'll be learning more about the next Broken Realms book within the next few days.

Edited by OkayestDM
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Why would that offend people?

it would be the perfect starter box.

not just a fun way to start with 2 friends but a whole three🤩.

also it is skaven goblins and real Dwarfs, the most aosy army in the whole system.

ps: this is just wishlisting, nothing I say or mention in this post is currently known by men. And their might be a chance it won’t happen

or will it?? (I’m not certain)

Waaait a second, is it then a topic/theme that this unholy trinity could back up all-together ?o0

<confused Dammaz Kron noises>

3 hours ago, El Antiguo Guardián said:

Everything will be perfect this saturday if they announce Vlad as the new mortarch and BR: Vlad.

Everything will be better than perfect when they announce Primaris Mortarch Malerion Von Carstein star of Broken Psychic Realms of Awakening and of course the new hit game Critters and Keys!

In all honesty I hope for Soulblight Gravelords to be a true reworking of Vampire Counts and all the old families to be represented. Maybe they can function somewhat like Chaos Marks. I would also like the different families to open different alliances between death factions e.g. Strigoi allying with FEC.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

On 1/20/2021 at 12:42 PM, CommissarRotke said:

interesting, the new models don't give anything but a Wind vibe too. so it seems like there's 3 options here: Zenith is sky and there's Zenith Temple units yet to be revealed, the Wind Temple is sky while Zenith is stars/light, or "sky" in the prophecy doesn't refer to Lumineth at all...

This is conjecture on my part.  That said:

I don't think that it is a coincidence that there are four aspects each being very elemental in their nature.  Additionally, each can correspond to the classical 4 elements as in Mountain=Earth, Wind=Air, River=Water and Zenith=...fire?

Let's take a moment to consider the word Zenith in the context of a faction named off the word illumination from the Realm of Light.  Considering those words, I think it's easy to think of Zenith of the Sun or its highest point, often when it is at its brightest.  The sun is also basically a ball of fire IRL.  So in our context it fits very well with the four classic elements which was a classical Greek and Hindi idea both.  Which the Lumineth are at least partly inspired aesthetically.

However, Hysh's light can't just be fire since Aqshy exists.  It also is more interesting to be more of an esoteric positive energy that polarizes well with Ulgu's negative energy since it can be demonstrated that in the Mortal Realms shadow is not simply the absence of light.  So I believe that Zenith is the placeholder for the classic element fire in a universe where light itself is an elemental force of positive energy which also happens to be the fundamental aspect of an entire Mortal Realm in which the very Lumineth are from.  And to be a student of this aspect temple be both the most challenging and most regarded as to literally be at the zenith of understanding.

This has been my Hyshian scholarly dissertation, I thank you for your time.

• Like 15

7 hours ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

They may well do so as a sort of, "Hohohoho, don't forget to tune in for more information on this tomorrow!"

Edited by Clan's Cynic

9 hours ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

Why Khagra article? They are delayed for february

I am only just catching up on the preview pictures this week but wow I love how dynamic the Luminesh models look. I am not keen on the animals they are riding though and wish they were riding horses but I guess they had to go with something different so they weren't an update of the high elf ellyrian reaver. 

Comparing the sculpts though between this and the ellyrian reaver shows how far Games Workshop have come along with their designs. 

I doubt I will start collecting Luminesh as I already have a high elf army from Fantasy and I will wait with great anticipation to see what they do with the high elves when the Old World is brought back. Hopefully the level of quality will be equal to these Lumineth models.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, whispersofblood said:

You understand why they wouldn't and shouldn't care about that right? Not to say that the FAQ shouldn't be out yet, but that's not a very persuasive argument.

They shouldn’t care about people playing their game? Wow. So what they should care about.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Ragest said:

So what they should care about.

Since they are business I would say about people that wait for FAQ before ordering stuff. The longer you wait, more possibility that other intresting things will be bought instead of GW products.

4 minutes ago, Boar said:

Since they are business I would say about people that wait for FAQ before ordering stuff. The longer you wait, more possibility that other intresting things will be bought instead of GW products.

Yes, people afraid to invest money on an army that they don’t know if is going to be playable in a week, or people with a top meta army that don’t find anyone to play or just people wanting to start a new army.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4