The Rumour Thread

The seer making the prophecy sounds like a tzeentchian chaos mage to me. That might be of some importance?

the earth will tear refers to the new vampire force I think, if there is one. 

didn’t Tzeentch aid the elves in some way in capturing Slaanesh? That might have something to do with Tzeentch’s riddle and the ‘borne anew’ 

cool story on all accounts. 

11 minutes ago, elfhead said:

didn’t Tzeentch aid the elves in some way in capturing Slaanesh? That might have something to do with Tzeentch’s riddle and the ‘borne anew’ 

At this point I'm pretty sure Tzeentch just sees something happen and claims it was just as planned, like Velma in Scooby Doo only knowing who it was all along after they'd unmasked the ghost.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

16 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

The next analysis was developed by my companions. Thanks to them!.

First of all, we are in Ghur and Skragrott is near Excelsis. Excelsis have the Spearbof Mallus, a big chunk of the World Before Time that it not only have the property to know the future but Tzeentch knows that with that chunk he could open a portal to Azyr. So Tzeentch is very interested to manipulate Skragrott...

Gate will shatter: The fall of Excelsis and the corruption of the Spear of Mallus.

Earth will tear: it isn't clear, it could be all the big wars that are happening at the same moment.

Sky eats storm: it is described during the Morathi book, when vortex of Varanite were opened in the sky and thousand of Stormcast were trapped.

serpent's tide: it is clearly the alliance between Morathi and Volturnos.

The Changer: All is a Tzeentch plan.

the splitting mirror: Sigvald was trapped in a mirror inside Shadespire and with the reborn the mirror was broken and Sigvald was liberated.

Gate(s) will shatter: Malerion will shatter the gates to everyone's hearts.

Earth will tear: Malerion has claws which are good for tearing...

Sky eats storm: Malerion can fly and likes to eat storms.

serpent's tide: There is a lot of debate of wether Malerion fused with his dragon Seraphon or simply grew wings and still rides the dragon... either way that is clearly the refrence here. 

The Changer: Malerion's model comes with alternate outfits (explaining most of the non Cirtters and Keys rumour engines).

the splitting mirror: Malerion is so good at kung fu that he can karate chop a mirror in half...

So despite all of this evidence these prophecies aren't about Malerion, as none of them mention his sick skateboarding skills.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1
  • Haha 9
  • LOVE IT! 1

So Soulblight replaces Legions of Nagash. That's terrible. I was hoping for Vampires to get shiny new units designed exactly for their faction. Now we probably will get a LoN 2.0 - maybe five new units out of which 3 will be single heroes for Vampires and 20 units recycled from LoN.

Edited by Aeryenn
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

So Soulblight replaces Legions of Nagash. That's terrible. I was hoping for Vampires to get shiny new units designed exactly for their faction. Now we probably will get a LoN 2.0 - maybe five new units out of which 3 will be single heroes for Vampires and 20 units recycled from LoN.

received_146428357172811.webpUnavailable

My question is what will Legions of Nagash loose in the transition? I like seeing ghosts in the range and morghasts. Hopefully if they are not part of the army proper they can still be used as allies. 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

How do we know this? 

3 hours ago, eciu said:

And fact that in this case dwarfs, skaven and goblins are great actors to fight against each other.

100% agree. KOs have a strong link with Skavens (SPOILER: Barak-Zhoff) and Goblins (Grotbag Skuttlers).

Not enough for the same feeling as Karak 8peaks, but you can smell the grudges, the rage and the hate between all three armies.

Btw, I don't think that we need 8peaks 2.0, but I will be happy to read some/more books with the same feeling.

We have Gotrek  that could kill Dankhold Chaos-Troggoth with a Varanite medallion... umm... maybe not xD

Edited by Beliman
Zoff=Zhoff

8 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

the leak is fake, made by someone on reddit

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

My question is what will Legions of Nagash loose in the transition? I like seeing ghosts in the range and morghasts. Hopefully if they are not part of the army proper they can still be used as allies. 

Like you said, Ghosts and Morhasts are certainly gone

Same with Nagash and Arkhan

I'm predicting some old kits going away like the corpse cart and the old wolves, they are plastic kit but it's so bad and don't fit the new clean esthetic of theses vampire models who have been revealed.

Oh I also think necromancer and the base skeletons are gone too and the new zombies will be the horde infantry type. And only Grave guard stays.  (because Gravelords need Graveguards right ? :D). I can also be wrong and the zombies are more elite beefy one like the Draugr we saw in the teaser

Edited by Sance
  • Sad 1

While it's fake, how would people feel if it did replace LoN as the main faction? Assuming we don't get a redo of everything in Death, it would let people run old fashioned vampire counts with skeletons and zombies, while also allowing others to just run vampires in a subfaction.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Enoby said:

While it's fake, how would people feel if it did replace LoN as the main faction? Assuming we don't get a redo of everything in Death, it would let people run old fashioned vampire counts with skeletons and zombies, while also allowing others to just run vampires in a subfaction.

For me it would make the whole Death faction more interesting. And a Vampire army very tempting. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Beliman said:

100% agree. KOs have a strong link with Skavens (SPOILER: Barak-Zoff)

You mean Zhoff ? Where it was pointed as a skaven doing ? 

(also, KO has quite a few fallen Karaks still to reclaim, for example Karak-a-Zaruk or lost City-Forge of Grugni)

Edited by eciu

11 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I think it would be good as long as the vampires have a good amount of vampire units. They definitely need new zombies and maybe skeletons. I think you could go horde with those as more vampire thralls with vampires as leaders, or if they have some more elite units of vampire knights for an elite army?

I think the name Soulblight Gravelords implies it will be mainly Vampires with undead thralls of zombies and skeletons. 

I really hope they flesh it out and it’s not half arsed. 

21 minutes ago, Enoby said:

There is a ton of hype for Vampires, I've been waiting for proper Vamps since I started playing AoS and I know I'm not the only one. If they want to make the new Soulblight Gravelords the new LoN, I would be fine with that, so long as it is a proper book that is thought out and not just minor warscroll updates. Keeping Skeletons and Zombies and Dire Wolves as chaff/minions would be good. However I'd like to see new Blood Knights, Vampire Foot Soldiers, Vampire foot Archers, Gargoyles (although that might be too much like Vargheists) and obviously keep the Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon. Making the Coven Throne and Bloodseeker Palanquin much more useful would be great as well. Basically the ability to run it as a horde army (skeletons, dire wolves, zombies, etc) or an elite army (all vamps) would be what I would want in an "updated LoN book." 

The other thing I want to see is this book obviously be competitive in the meta. I do not think they are going to be crazy spell casters, no should the really. However vampires have always (in my mind) been extremely fast and mobile. So I would like to see Vampire units get abilities like Mist Form in LoN's Soulblight section, where they can retreat and still charge. Also, I think demonstrating their agility they should get easy access to minuses to being hit. Finally, and I think this would go a long ways in the current meta, is to rework the Bat Swarm warscroll. Instead of the bats needing to be close to the enemy for the debuff to hit, I think they should generate the aura around themselves, so any friendly Soulblight Gravelord units wholly within X inches are -1 to be hit with missile weapons or they could do something like if a bat swarm is closer to the enemy than another target, then the bat swarms must be shot at instead or a way to dump wounds onto the bat swarm. This would allow Soulblight to be competitive with all the shooting in AoS. One last thing, there is sooo much Mortal Wounds in AoS, especially with recent armies and Vampires are undead right? So making them have a mortal wound shrug would make sense lore wise and also help make them competitive, Obviously they will have a Deathless Minions shrug like they do in LoN. But maybe make it 6+ against wounds and 5+ against Mortal Wounds? Not really sure.

• LOVE IT! 2

33 minutes ago, Enoby said:

It's definitively what I expect (actually have been expecting for a few months). I think it's the logical place for LoN to go after Nighthaunt and OBR.

41 minutes ago, Enoby said:

At this point I think the only really interesting hook to LoN is Grand Host of Nagash as a way to play Death-soup.

It doesn't even need a book really, or to be even remotely competitive but a way to play Nagash controlling all of his minions together would definitely be thematically cool.

• Like 1

Yeah even if it doesn't technically replace LoN, I fully expect the "gravelords" to include the older vamp units (maybe some with new models) plus deathrattle and/or deadwalkers.  It's definitely going to be the place where Neferata and Mannfred move off to much like Arkhan got merged into OBR.