The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, CommissarRotke said:

Earth will tear: 1- another magical disaster event like the Necroquake, something that (finally) gives this story arc its namesake. or 2- my galaxy brain wants it to be new duardin; we've got sky and fire, where's the earth dwarves??

I did think Grungni leading a new duardin force form underground as well..🤞

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 5

The next analysis was developed by my companions. Thanks to them!.

First of all, we are in Ghur and Skragrott is near Excelsis. Excelsis have the Spearbof Mallus, a big chunk of the World Before Time that it not only have the property to know the future but Tzeentch knows that with that chunk he could open a portal to Azyr. So Tzeentch is very interested to manipulate Skragrott...

Gate will shatter: The fall of Excelsis and the corruption of the Spear of Mallus.

Earth will tear: it isn't clear, it could be all the big wars that are happening at the same moment.

Sky eats storm: it is described during the Morathi book, when vortex of Varanite were opened in the sky and thousand of Stormcast were trapped.

serpent's tide: it is clearly the alliance between Morathi and Volturnos.

The Changer: All is a Tzeentch plan.

the splitting mirror: Sigvald was trapped in a mirror inside Shadespire and with the reborn the mirror was broken and Sigvald was liberated.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Galaxy Brain moment - we know from Morathi that Death isn't strictly '****** order' in that we see one directly working to free a Stormcast for the purpose of getting word to Sigmar.

This is why the 'earth will rise' - the Gravelords, and Nagash, completing the narrative arc. 

Nagash offers Sigmar a 'bone' - working together against the forces threatening them both, in this case, Destruction and Chaos.

If 3.0 will, like 2.0, offer a major narrative change and new arc, having the end of our Death/Order arc being a nice full conclusion to the strings started way back in 1.0 with Nagash's betrayal to Nagash providing the aid when Sigmar needs it the most?

That's satisfaction baby. That's satisfying conclusions to narratives.

This also explains why any of our 'sky' factions would oppose 'the storm' - if Sigmar is to parley with Nagash, how would Teclis (our friendly Aelven god of endorsing Genocide) sit with that?

Edited by Dreddships
adding a technicality about Teclis
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

The next analysis was developed by my companions. Thanks to them!.

First of all, we are in Ghur and Skragrott is near Excelsis. Excelsis have the Spearbof Mallus, a big chunk of the World Before Time that it not only have the property to know the future but Tzeentch knows that with that chunk he could open a portal to Azyr. So Tzeentch is very interested to manipulate Skragrott...

Gate will shatter: The fall of Excelsis and the corruption of the Spear of Mallus.

Earth will tear: it isn't clear, it could be all the big wars that are happening at the same moment.

Sky eats storm: it is described during the Morathi book, when vortex of Varanite were opened in the sky and thousand of Stormcast were trapped.

serpent's tide: it is clearly the alliance between Morathi and Volturnos.

The Changer: All is a Tzeentch plan.

the splitting mirror: Sigvald was trapped in a mirror inside Shadespire and with the reborn the mirror was broken and Sigvald was liberated.

Could the earth tearing be Beast Grave waking up? 🤔  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

interesting, the new models don't give anything but a Wind vibe too. so it seems like there's 3 options here: Zenith is sky and there's Zenith Temple units yet to be revealed, the Wind Temple is sky while Zenith is stars/light, or "sky" in the prophecy doesn't refer to Lumineth at all...

I don't think there will be any Zenith units revealed. In the Battletome, they seem the most far away from release of the 4 temples, and depicted in a way that we might never Zenith units like with the other 3 temples. Zenith is the world beyond the sky, sky is usually associated with Azyr. The Wind Temple is just about the wind, I think if GW wanted to include the Wind Temple, they'd used that word (or one closer to the meaning of wind), not sky. 

This very likely doesn't have anything to do with the Lumineth. 

Edited by LuminethMage
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

I don't think there will be any Zenith units revealed. In the Battletome, they seem the most far away from release of the 4 temples, and depicted in a way that we might never Zenith units like with the other 3 temples. Zenith is the world beyond the sky, sky is usually associated with Azyr. The Wind Temple is just about the wind, I think if GW wanted to include the Wind Temple, they'd used that word (or one closer to the meaning of wind), not sky. 

This very likely has anything to do with the Lumineth. 

Azyr is associated with all things related to the "heavens",    usually these are  the sky (wind, rain, lightning and storms) , space (suns, moons, stars, comets and other celestial bodies) ,  The mechanisms of reality (Time and space ).  But also esoteric things like  (dreams , fate, prophecy, imagination)

Of course, this has very little to do with what you were talking about. Just wanted to comment on that bit.

Edited by xking

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

3.0 Starter set with Grungni Duardin Vs Skaven!!

Time for a three armies box set!! With three new named characters like Blood Bowl new box:

Belegur (Duardins) vs Quik (Skavens) vs Skirsnak (Gobbos).

Rip wallet

Note: it's a JOKE!! An easter egg for Karak 8peaks, Imho, one of the best conflict zones/city in the entire Warhammer Fantasy. 

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 5

Clearly what needs to happen is a duel box of Dwarves and Aelves in a massive re-creation of the War of the Beard. 

Only this time its the Dwarves who find an ancient Grudge book (likely preserved by some ancient Slaan) and within which find that the reason the Old World fell was because some haughty aelf got a dwarf king to shave; which resulted in a massive war during which the power of the Dwarves was forever shattered. Allowing gobbos and orks to run aoke; for humans to spread over the lands and for Chaos to eventually set root in the hearts of men and destroy the world. 

Clearly its all the Elves fault! The Grudge must be honoured, the Dwarves must rebuild; reunite and storm forth to reclaim their holds and drive back both Chaos AND the Aelf legions that are steadily spreading over the Realms in vast numbers!! THE WAR OF THE BEARD MK2 must begin!! A new starter set featuring fancy aleves in shiny armour and gruff rough buff dwarves ready to deal out a  brutal death in the name of an ancient Grudge!

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Time for a three armies box set!! With three new named characters like Blood Bowl new box:

Belegur (Duardins) vs Quik (Skavens) vs Skirsnak (Gobbos).

Rip wallet

Talk what you want about AoS writing but nothing in current AoS comes even close to the 8-Peaks lore and situation (a.k.a. clusterfuck murderfest). The whole significance of 8 Peaks it's heraldry, the lore and narrative potential of those 3 races interwiened...

(question how TOW capitalized on  that is a different one)

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Overread said:

Clearly what needs to happen is a duel box of Dwarves and Aelves in a massive re-creation of the War of the Beard. 

Only this time its the Dwarves who find an ancient Grudge book (likely preserved by some ancient Slaan) and within which find that the reason the Old World fell was because some haughty aelf got a dwarf king to shave; which resulted in a massive war during which the power of the Dwarves was forever shattered. Allowing gobbos and orks to run aoke; for humans to spread over the lands and for Chaos to eventually set root in the hearts of men and destroy the world. 

Clearly its all the Elves fault! The Grudge must be honoured, the Dwarves must rebuild; reunite and storm forth to reclaim their holds and drive back both Chaos AND the Aelf legions that are steadily spreading over the Realms in vast numbers!! THE WAR OF THE BEARD MK2 must begin!! A new starter set featuring fancy aleves in shiny armour and gruff rough buff dwarves ready to deal out a  brutal death in the name of an ancient Grudge!

After which dwarfs finally realise which deep state was behind all those tectonic shifts which ransacked their empire....

Edited by eciu

5 minutes ago, eciu said:

Talk what you want about AoS writing but nothing in current AoS comes even close to the 8-Peaks lore and situation (a.k.a. clusterfuck murderfest). The whole significance of 8 Peaks it's heraldry, the lore and narrative potential of those 3 races interwiened...

Calm down. Maybe I need to edit first post to make it clar that it's a JOKE because it seems that can offend some people.

Btw, I love 8peaks too.

54 minutes ago, Overread said:

The War of the Beard? I think you mean THE WAR OF VENGEANCE!!!!!

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Calm down. Maybe I need to edit first post to make it clar that it's a JOKE because it seems that can offend some one.

Meh.

On the topic though, making an ongoing battlesite of few factions struggling against each other (and having a good reason to do so) could be good and interesting.

And fact that in this case dwarfs, skaven and goblins are great actors to fight against each other.

Also skaven might be a good candidate for AoS 3.0 "necron style rebranding" (and main antagonist).

15 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

the past couple short stories have taken place after the plot in BR: Morathi though, so my only hesitation with this connection is why would the prophecy include an event that already happened? the way it reads is that these events are either going to happen in semi-tandem or one after the other.

My thoughts on that prophecy:

The gate will shatter!

Probably the gates of Excelsis being brought down by Gordrak, as most people have guessed.

The earth will tear!

This one is mysterious. I think this line, plus the name "Broken Realms" could hint at something happening to the geography of the mortal realms. No idea what it could be, though.

The sky shall eat the storm,

I find this line tricky because both "sky" and "storm" could be references to Sigmar and the Stormcast. If "sky" is the Sigmar, I would guess "storm" is the Waaagh. That would suggest that Gordrak succeeds in bringing down the gates of Excelsis but is eventually pushed back by Sigmar. If "storm" is Sigmar, on the other hand, I have no idea what "sky" could be. Lumineth? Kharadron? Both seem unlikely.

and the serpent’s tide will rise!

The serpent is probably Morathi. The serpent's tide might be a reference to the DoK/Idoneth alliance, as some have pointed out.

The Changer’s riddle is born anew

The Changer is probably Tzeentch, but the reference to being "born anew" made me think it might be Slaanesh.

by the splitting mirror of the Dark Prince!

The "splitting mirror of the Dark Prince" is probably Sigvald, given his backstory. It would make sense if he somehow helps with the rebirth of Slaanesh, if that is what "the Changer's riddle" is referring to in the previous part. If it's about Tzeentch, I have no idea, though.

• Like 1