The Rumour Thread

WARNING

A reminder to all with the new Vampire stuff on the horizon if there are any metal/finecast characters from the Legions of Nagash line that you want then you might want to pick them up now. There is no guarantee that GW will keep any of them when the new models start launching. GW has quite a few vampire lord and such models in that grouping and some are quite classic sculpts. They'll certainly stand the test of time well and translate into the new army, but if you want the sculpts best grab them before its too late. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, OkayestDM said:

Good point!

But isn't Slaanesh also associated with serpents?

Indeed, wait a sec I need to post the entire riddle so all of us can speculate :)

Edit: Here it is

You seek prophecy, wretch? You go to your death!’ he boomed. ‘The gate will shatter! The earth will tear! The sky shall eat the storm, and the serpent’s tide will rise! The Changer’s riddle is born anew by the splitting mirror of the Dark Prince!

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 1

My interpretation:

first off: it seems like the big waagh will fail, since Skargrott apparently goes to his death. The Gate will shatter is in reference to Excelsior. The earth will tear: Sounds like a lot of undead will crawl out of the earth, perhaps fighting against excelsior?

Then the new Air Temple of the LRL will defeat Sigmar‘s reinforcements . All of this Chaos plays into the hands of Morathi (and Idoneth : tide Idoneth, serpent: DoK)

The splitting mirror is the newborn (or Sigvald) and it somehow is beneficial to Tzeentch 

• Like 2

I suspect they might play this one with a straight bat, and not actually attach a gimmick onto the Soulblight Gravelords - especially with the out-there LRL being released around the same time.

Plus, other than dwarves, I feel the natural Vampire player base might be the most traditional out there, so there might not seem like much need to re-invent the wheel. Lots of people just like vampires, and the associated gothic horror tropes.

I mean, playing the Slaves to Darkness release straight down the middle didn't hurt them, so I imagine plastic Blood Knights (etc.) could be received in much the same way.

Then, they can swing for the fences with LRL.

Edited by Kyriakin

6 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

You seek prophecy, wretch? You go to your death!’ he boomed. ‘The gate will shatter! The earth will tear! The sky shall eat the storm, and the serpent’s tide will rise! The Changer’s riddle is born anew by the splitting mirror of the Dark Prince!

I shall commence with the speculation!

"You go to your death!" - Dramatic, but unlikely. Having a tabletop model is the greatest plot armor of all.

"The gate will shatter!" - Excelsis, I presume, but possibly a gate to Azyr?

"The earth will tear!" - Don't have a clear picture on that one. Might just be to justify the Broken Realms title, but perhaps there is more significance to it?

"The sky shall eat the storm," - Storm is almost certainly a reference to Sigmar-related things, but exactly what I cannot say. What factions other than KO have a strong affiliation with the sky? This is the one I find most ambiguous.

"and the serpent's tide will rise!" - My money was on Slaanesh, but @JackStreicher made a good point about DoK. Personally, I'm happy with either!

"The Changer's riddle is born anew by the splintered mirror of the Dark Prince!" - I would dismiss this as a verbal flourish, but it could have ties to either Sigvald or the Newborn, which intrigues me greatly.

I'm looking forward to what other folks are gleaning from this one!

• Like 4

So recent AoS previews have honestly made me want a AoS army, not a large one, but just something small. Ill Be doing Headonites plus the odd model i like 

The Vampires are sadly disappointing. I really wanted vampirates, stupid yeah. but It would have scratched that Vampire Coast itch.  Happy for those that will like it though

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kramer said:

I do agree with it working on the old school, Victorian, baroque, corset bound* vampire look. 

But I found the recent female sculpts to be so refreshing, badass and awesome. 

image.png.e35fd745b76603195aae850d7f1fabde.png

this model was the catalyst into stormcast for me. I actually have three  now. two saved for conversions, one for the joy of painting. 

and that Darkoath war queen 😍

she haunts my dreams since release, and I’m still not sure if they are nightmares or not.  Ordering that one as painting project at some point fo sho  

*vampires don’t need to breathe so it checks out. 

the only thing terrible about this picture is your battery level 😨

• Haha 4

52 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Indeed, wait a sec I need to post the entire riddle so all of us can speculate :)

Wouldn't the Serpent's "tide" now refer to the Idoneth, who joined team Morathi?

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Then the new Air Temple of the LRL will defeat Sigmar‘s reinforcements .

For some reason the Lumineth wind temple is separate from their sky temple, so I'm not sure it's this.
But I don't have any better alternatives myself. I don't know why KO would fight SCE for example.

1 hour ago, JackStreicher said:

Gate will shatter: clearly Excelsis for Gordrakk's ram, it's been built up for at least a year

Earth will tear: 1- another magical disaster event like the Necroquake, something that (finally) gives this story arc its namesake. or 2- my galaxy brain wants it to be new duardin; we've got sky and fire, where's the earth dwarves??

Sky eats storm: Lumineth are hell bent on ending Slaanesh & we know they're working with the Cities from BR fics, so I don't think this is LRL vs SCE. Something is telling me storm as in "storm of Chaos" like the old WHF campaign; Realms are already going bonkers and now Order is infighting? Definitely stormy weather for the Mortal Realms. If it is a LRL reference, the Sky Temple could be a vanguard or assault force for them to enter into the wider Realms conflict ("storm"). Another galaxy brain- it could be KO fighting Tzeentch like the air battle art we've seen before.

serpent's tide: you could say Morathi's got a swelling of support recently after her ascent to semi-godhood ;) I agree it probably refers to the Idoneth-Daughter alliance continuing, as their initial choice to invade Anvilgard spirals into obvious consequences. We haven't heard anything about Seraphon in BR at all for this part to feel like a Sotek reference.

The Changer: unless this is a reference to a Slaaneshi hero that I missed, "change" is clearly Tzeentch, who I think is the only other Chaos God that really benefits from Slaanesh being released. I'm betting Tzeentch both because this is going to take tons of magical energy, and because Hysh had issues with Tzeentch before the LRL got it back.

the splitting mirror: backs up my idea above IMO, mirrors can be used to trap beings/people (Shadespire anyone?) and if shattered will release whatever is trapped. Again, either the breaking or the release itself would carry monumental magical energy that Tzeentch would love.

Edited by CommissarRotke
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, GDD said:

But I don't have any better alternatives myself. I don't know why KO would fight SCE for example.

We don't betray our allies!! How dare you..

Btw... emm... nothing seriously... but... how much aethergold are we talking about?

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

where is this stated? I can't wrap my brain around why GW would separate Wind from Sky...

The temples are: Mountain, River, Wind, and Zenith. Not exactly Sky, but Zenith represents the world above the clouds where there's only light.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Talas said:

The temples are: Mountain, River, Wind, and Zenith. Not exactly Sky, but Zenith represents the world above the clouds where there's only light.

interesting, the new models don't give anything but a Wind vibe too. so it seems like there's 3 options here: Zenith is sky and there's Zenith Temple units yet to be revealed, the Wind Temple is sky while Zenith is stars/light, or "sky" in the prophecy doesn't refer to Lumineth at all...

Edited by CommissarRotke

3 hours ago, Overread said:

WARNING

A reminder to all with the new Vampire stuff on the horizon if there are any metal/finecast characters from the Legions of Nagash line that you want then you might want to pick them up now. There is no guarantee that GW will keep any of them when the new models start launching. GW has quite a few vampire lord and such models in that grouping and some are quite classic sculpts. They'll certainly stand the test of time well and translate into the new army, but if you want the sculpts best grab them before its too late. 

Yep, grab any old metal/resin/plastic models that are likely to be replaced or discontinued. I still regret not getting that Gitmob shaman. I honestly suspected that the metal Madcap shamans would be discontinued and they would rename the Gitmob Shaman to Madcap Shaman (with an appropriate paint job making his cloak and clothes black and purple to match the Gloomspite). That lad is now surprisingly hard to find on eBay (and even harder at a reasonable price), while the metal ones I have are everywhere.

Edited by dirkdragonslayer
More words!