The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Yeah, but precisely : with Ghost ships and normal Death troops on top, so nothing  really similar to the very defined identity of the Vampire Coast in WFB. 

That's why it couldn't come like this to AOS. 

Of couse, I wasn't talking about 1:1. Vampire Coast. 

Btw, without any new death miniatures at that time (Firestorm suplement), the troops that you could use for the Wraithfleet were what we already had (Fantasy troops).

Imo, nothing to take in consideration.

19 minutes ago, mojojojo101 said:

I really hope GW are not going to keep up the pattern of previewing minis 3 or 4 months ahead of when we can actually buy them.

Me too; I think it kills the hype a bit, myself. For example, Slaanesh had a lot of hype at the end of last year and a lot of that has been reduced with the new vampires and time, and if vampires take four months, their hype will be reduced with another new release and time. A lot of this is due to Covid, but I think they'd be better off not announcing new armies before another army gets its release.

2 hours ago, Dreddships said:

And going purely on the usual with Underworlds - a new 'Hero' sculpt and alternative sculpts for various other units - I'm calling it's looking increasingly likely for foot non-hero vampires in Gravelords.

This is assuming, however, this is not another Swordmaster or Slaaneshi Spear Mortal situation where the Vampire is purely for flavour for the foreseeable future.

Or like the kurnothi. And the other one limited to quest like some of those sculpts. 
Still exciting times 😄

SPOILER FOR BR FICTION

-

The riddle at the end of that BR short story is definitely something important, and I'm making the call it's the order of events for BR.

The first line is most certainly Excelsis and the Gate of Azyr. 

-

Earth shifting - ugh... Who knows?

Knowing what we know rn, a cryptic reference to the dead rising eg. Breaking the earth on graves etc.

Could possibly mean we see Gravelords before Lumineth wave 2?

-

Sky eating Storm - Storm is def Sigmar here, can't think of candidates for Sky apart from Kharadron and Lumineth?

If it is as I suspect Lumineth eg. Teclis, makes some sense if we find out Teclis is answering IDK/DoK call to war. The Sky has 'eaten the storm' in the sense it's caused the downfall of Sigmar and his grand order.

-

Serpent's Tide - either an obvious reference to Idoneth or Sotek or something cryptic.

Serpent as Dragon could lead to Tyrion.

Serpent as metaphorical Serpent could lead to Malerion (sly, shadowy, lying).

I'm guessing this will be our grand conclusion, and if so, who the hell knows?

The Serpent was also Slaanesh in Norscan worship, so possible wave 2 Slaanesh for end of BR saga with our 'missing' units?

-

Last line is just Tzeentch claiming the Newborn was all his plan and doing, so usual Tzeetchian all to plan nonsense.

Possibly find out Newborn/Slaanesh plot is the payoff for the Penumbrel Engine Heist? 

Final BR book with Tzeentch being Tzeentch and 'shattering the mirror' eg. the weird trickery that's keeping Slaanesh sealed away? 

-

Anyone with any ability to solve cryptic riddles please help I've no real idea past one line.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, novakai said:

new BR fiction is out is about Skargrott and his gitz

gTaKcfJQAAiilFPY.pdf (warhammer-community.com)

I've made no secret of generally preferring Fantasy lore to AoS', but I do enjoy just how much more disturbing and- well, grimdark the Gloomspite Gitz are by comparison to their Night Goblin equivalents back in the Old World. 

2 hours ago, HollowHills said:

Big hair, big ****** and not too butch. Now that's how you sculpt a female model in warhammer. Glad to see GW still have it after their recent efforts, I.e. stormcast and darkoath .

I do agree with it working on the old school, Victorian, baroque, corset bound* vampire look. 

But I found the recent female sculpts to be so refreshing, badass and awesome. 

image.png.e35fd745b76603195aae850d7f1fabde.png

this model was the catalyst into stormcast for me. I actually have three  now. two saved for conversions, one for the joy of painting. 

and that Darkoath war queen 😍

she haunts my dreams since release, and I’m still not sure if they are nightmares or not.  Ordering that one as painting project at some point fo sho  

*vampires don’t need to breathe so it checks out. 

• Like 14

12 minutes ago, Dreddships said:

SPOILER FOR BR FICTION

-

The riddle at the end of that BR short story is definitely something important, and I'm making the call it's the order of events for BR.

The first line is most certainly Excelsis and the Gate of Azyr. 

-

Earth shifting - ugh... Who knows?

Knowing what we know rn, a cryptic reference to the dead rising eg. Breaking the earth on graves etc.

Could possibly mean we see Gravelords before Lumineth wave 2?

-

Sky eating Storm - Storm is def Sigmar here, can't think of candidates for Sky apart from Kharadron and Lumineth?

If it is as I suspect Lumineth eg. Teclis, makes some sense if we find out Teclis is answering IDK/DoK call to war. The Sky has 'eaten the storm' in the sense it's caused the downfall of Sigmar and his grand order.

-

Serpent's Tide - either an obvious reference to Idoneth or Sotek or something cryptic.

Serpent as Dragon could lead to Tyrion.

Serpent as metaphorical Serpent could lead to Malerion (sly, shadowy, lying).

I'm guessing this will be our grand conclusion, and if so, who the hell knows?

The Serpent was also Slaanesh in Norscan worship, so possible wave 2 Slaanesh for end of BR saga with our 'missing' units?

-

Last line is just Tzeentch claiming the Newborn was all his plan and doing, so usual Tzeetchian all to plan nonsense.

Possibly find out Newborn/Slaanesh plot is the payoff for the Penumbrel Engine Heist? 

Final BR book with Tzeentch being Tzeentch and 'shattering the mirror' eg. the weird trickery that's keeping Slaanesh sealed away? 

-

Anyone with any ability to solve cryptic riddles please help I've no real idea past one line.

I'm trying to understand the riddle but I'm feeling silly right now. I don't know what it tries to say us

6 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I've made no secret of generally preferring Fantasy lore to AoS', but I do enjoy just how much more disturbing and- well, grimdark the Gloomspite Gitz are by comparison to their Night Goblin equivalents back in the Old World. 

Whilst Old World never had a single faction focus that 40K had for a long time in terms of BL writing, there was still a general edge that many of the darker Ork and Goblin forces were more your weekend cartoon villain types. They'd get the odd story bit here and there, but by and large they were a mystery which worked well since they were often the enemy in many stories. 

AoS has been far more bold at having more stories about other factions and I think going forward this is going to make a lot more factions feel deeper than they feel even now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shinros said:

I must...stay...strong...just think of slaanesh mortals....

I know how you feel! It's made all the harder by the fact that the mortals aren't in my hands right now! 

Then again Slaanesh is the god of excess so just think of the pleasure that even more models can bring; who's to say straying from Slaanesh is wrong when its giving you so many more models to build and paint. Indeed one could argue that its the very thing of Slaanesh to be, excessive with factions!

All along we were looking for the Dark Souls influences and missed the Darkest Dungeon influences sneaking up on us.

(If this thread just becames Darkest Dungeon  nerds quoting the Ancestor, well, fine, that will become a failing our descendants will know the tragic extent of...)

• Like 1