The Rumour Thread

Looks like I'm picking up a couple of new Undworld warbands soon...

Loving the "sensible" (by Warhammer standards) armour and weapons for a duellist with the "Bride of Frankenstein"/Golden Age of Horror era enormous goth hair - very campgothic horror - excellent design choice.

Between her and the new Vampire Lord, they are really leaning into the darkly beautiful Aristocracy of the Night vibe in a way the Von Cartsien's "I'm wearing lace near my neck" never quite could and it is excellent.

• Like 4

Interesting note here - that's not the Silhouette of the Vampire we were teased with a few weeks back with the Wing/Shoulder Spikes.

Which means multiple Vampires, if I'm right.

And going purely on the usual with Underworlds - a new 'Hero' sculpt and alternative sculpts for various other units - I'm calling it's looking increasingly likely for foot non-hero vampires in Gravelords.

This is assuming, however, this is not another Swordmaster or Slaaneshi Spear Mortal situation where the Vampire is purely for flavour for the foreseeable future.

GW has shown that as well as right off the wall awesome new ideas, they've also got a really big classical fantasy lean in AoS. The new Warqueen in the Underworld Warband for Daughters of Khaine also has a very 70-80s front-of-book style classic fantasy pose. It's a really nice blend that lets GW work in the fantastical extreme along with a more solid classic style. 

• Like 3

I feel there is still a good chance for a new WHQ, but I think this latest reveal/leak more or less confirms that we will also see new death models for AOS, regardless of a possible release of WHQ and the almost certain release of a WHU Soulblight warband.  Given the amount of Rumor Engines and reveals that seem Death related, I don't think it will be a small release of just one or few new characters. A new faction (Soulblight) or a major overhaul of LoN seems more likely to me. Also the wording of the reveal of the Vampire Lord:

"It looks like the power of ancient bloodlines is rising in the Mortal Realms ...

Doesn't sound like the introduction of a single model to me, more like a new army. In addition the "birdhouse guy" teaser does give me the feeling of something big coming, and not just a WHU Warband (but yeah just a gut feeling) and then there is also the introduction of new faction keyword ""Soulblight Gravelords

Personally I don't see why there would be to much variety hinted upon for it to be a single Death Faction. I can't think of a reason why a Souldblight Faction could not be Vampire Lords leading an army of the more classic gothic Horror Units, including Deathrattle, Werewolves, Flesh Golems , bats, Zombies, Scarecrows etc. The only thing that doesn't seem to fit in is the vampire hunter (if that is what it is, I think so though)...so still very well possible to see that one and some of the other rumors end up in a new WHQ.

If I have to make a prediction, I think there will be new Soulblight Gravelords Faction as described above, which means probably the end for LoN as most models, including Nagash, already found a place in a different Faction as well

I am not completely sold on the new Vampire model yet, but probably just because of the hair painted to flat and to orange as some already stipulated. Interesting how the Eavy Metal Team , no doubt  1000 times better painters then I am, or ever will be, having more time to paint then I will ever have, still  fail once in while to really sell the model on me, Not seldom a model impresses me much more when I see it in reality, or when painted by others. Could also  be the way the pictures are taken (Telelens) as someone mentioned.

What I do like of the new vampire that it seem to indicate that GW isn't going to do a completely different take on Vampires like they did for Skeletons in OBR. It looks fresh, but close enough to the classic view on vampires at the same time. I am definitely getting hyped for this possible new army.

Edit: was typing while the WHU Vampire was revelealed...Love it...if that's what we can expect for AoS as well...I am 100% on board. 

Edited by Lowki

Okay those two Vampires are great. They share common design elements while being distinct. 

The first one (bat-hair) is apparently designed to be a battlefield commander with a certain volume and presence to him/her, while the lady for WHU has a classic duelist pose, fitting for a small group of models and skirmish battles.

Also the WARCOM article confirms we'll see the rest of the war band Saturday, that the schedule will be postponed for a month, and that ORRUK BONESPLITERZ are next for WHU ! ... So not silent people or spiderfangs (no biggy IMO).

• Like 3

Love that new Vamp! The new designs are fantastic! Love the big hair.. hope they keep this approach across all the vampires . That model is pretty much the Vampire model I have wanted to lead my armies for years... and I had been considering getting rid of my VC army.. I'll definitely be getting these first two just to paint up. 

38 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Underworld's Vampire:

vsrYRrYhju78JAjv.jpg

Sauce.

Glad to see that I at least placed that sabre Rumour Engine correctly into the Underworlds warband. Now I also finally understand the weird colouration of the hand in that picture: Red just looks really dark in black and white. The same strange colour is found on the bone flute, by the way, which could indicate that it is a Soulblight thing after all. But as @NotAWzrd also noted, that might well be Flesh Eater Courts.

I'm really into all the models that are getting revealed, though! I can't wait to see all the ways my predictions were wrong on Saturday 😎

One thing i noted on the Vampire lord was the increased neck protection, which was a nice thought given Vampires really only need to worry about decapitation on the average battlefield and a basic breastplate will stop stakes. The underworlds Vampire has some really bizarre armour choices in comparison, leaving off the basics and wearing some of the more annoying and encumbering bits of armour... Weird.

At least shes not a pirate :P

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I for one am glad that Vampirate meme (a 100% WFB theme) can be put to rest ! 

I'll be happy if Vampire Coast is a playable army in TOW in five years, but given its popularity with Total War, it wouldn't have belonged to AOS :) 

.... Then watch the Warhammer Quest / Board game take place in a sunken pirate ship :P;):D

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I've put together a list of models that I think we could possibly be seeing for Death, trying to take all the rumour engines and other spoilers into account:

Deadwalker hero and zombies:

Reveal hidden contents

Hero:

M8sJrhy.png

Troops:

Ramshackle weapons type

2020-10-27.jpg

2020-11-03.jpg

2020-11-17.jpg

Birdhouse Zombie type

image.png.49a187497f558611d9485c8ba688e9

2020-12-09.jpg

2020-12-10.jpg

Giant bat or gargoyle

Reveal hidden contents

2020-12-22.png

Vampire duellists (might be the Underworlds warband)

Reveal hidden contents

2020-05-19.jpg

2020-09-08.jpg

2020-11-24.jpg

2020-12-21.png

Deathrattle Hero

Reveal hidden contents

billede.png.65aeff0cfb7a68d778a126cd722a

Grant Denasty, the fastest man in Vallachia

Reveal hidden contents

2020-09-15.jpg

Foot Vampire knights

Reveal hidden contents

2020-05-05.jpg

2020-12-08.png

Necromancer vampire

Reveal hidden contents

2020-08-18.jpg

New Deathrattle unit?

Reveal hidden contents

2020-12-17.png

2020-12-23.png
2020-08-04.jpg

Centerpiece diorama?

Reveal hidden contents

2020-05-12.jpg

2020-12-20.png

The Creature of Ulvenkarn

Reveal hidden contents

2020-09-22.jpg

2020-07-28.jpg

2020-12-12.png

Any thoughts?

Prediction or more accurately wishlisting time for undead...

With current info/rumour engines we might be getting:

Gothic vampirates for underwords
Gothic Von Carsteins & accompanying gothic gribblies for Soulblight Gravelords
Flesh eater courts for Warhammer quest.

Now that would be amazing...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Well i'm all on aboard that vampire hype train now, she's amazing !

I'm getting this model regardless of the rest of the army, i want that vampire warband really bad. Speaking of which, how many members in that warband ? Vampires are usally very elite, i'm assuming it's only 3 vampire.

I feel happy for the Bonesplitters players, orruks are really cool

Edited by Sance

• Subscriber
59 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Underworld's Vampire:

vsrYRrYhju78JAjv.jpg

Sauce.

Definitely feeling the paint job on this one a lot more. The armour being broken up by the cloth and the more defined hair really makes it pop.

Also, Bonesplittaz confirmed for coming after Soulblight:

saHhP37.jpg

That pose looks very similar to the Morgok's Krushas, will be interesting to see how they differentiate them. 

60120709004_ENGMorKru02.jpg

3 minutes ago, Sance said:

Well i'm all on aboard that vampire hype train now, she's amazing !

I'm getting this model regardless of the rest of the army, i want that vampire warband really bad. Speaking of which, how many members in that warband ? Vampires are usally very elite, i'm assuming it's only 3 vampire

No idea yet, but I hope it’s three. They should be strong, elite warriors. 

That vampire looks fantastic. Cool pose, cool swords, nice bit of fashionista (I'm gonna say it) vamping with the casual preening her hair with a sabre. 

Did not expect her to have two swords, thought the left hand would have a dagger, but looks great. The armour is a bit weird though. I agree with @Noserenda that it looks like she's half way through disarming, like she's stripped off the cuirass and hasn't got around to the rest yet. It could work though, looks a little like she's miffed about being interrupted by a mortal mid-practice session. The texture contrast between hard edged armour and the fabric of the extravagent opera gloves is great, mind.

There's a bit too much going on in the colour scheme for my tastes. Three different colours for the armour, four different fabric shades, blue gems, grey skin, green-blue-black hair... eh, looks a bit hodge-podge. I think half as many colours would work. Can't wait to see her done in a Blanchitsu style.

• Like 2