The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

And a lot of it is reactionary sniping from AoS players who're still mad over the negativity of 1.0 and are bitter The Old World is a thing. Both sides are as bad as one another.

Who is bitter about TOW? Most people here including me seem optimistic about the project but I could be wrong of course.

3 minutes ago, MitGas said:

He's right though - here everything is praised, while at other sites people are less enthusiastic about things. But well, go on, post confused smileys every time someone has a different opinion to yours. 

If everything was universally praised on this site we would not be having this discussion.

• Like 1

In my local aos wassap group the reception of the Roos is being mostly positive, while almost everyone agrees that the vampire is somewhat bland (but there is still people hyped). I think that id the beauty of this hobby, I love when our different tastes are highlighted

5 minutes ago, Aleser said:

Anyone saw what is Peachy "painting" in that video? I never saw that model before. 

Another stormcast with some big hammer ? The hammer looks like this funny new one from sacrosant. 

(it's really stormcast)

Edited by eciu

4 hours ago, Gotz said:

They take the pics with tele lenses, so perspective gets totally flattened. Once you get the minis in your hands everything makes sense, but most pictures look weird.  

I get the effect from the lenses. Buillding up a product video portfolio as a corona proof part of my business. But yeah could be part of it. 
But I like the photos, not the models, in the same article. 

but if you look at the hair. There is so little contrast there. Maybe someone lifted the shadow too much in post? 
same with the face.

But looking at it again. Maybe it’s more that it’s such a sober design. 

But you’re right. Seeing a model in the flesh can make or break a model. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MitGas said:

He's right though - here everything is praised, while at other sites people are less enthusiastic about things. But well, go on, post confused smileys every time someone has a different opinion to yours. 

I only do the confusion thing when someone posts something I truly don't get, like in much of your vision on female models.

• Confused 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

4 hours ago, GDD said:

Scandinavian here, this was my first thought as well.

Also, a TLDR from this month's White Dwarf:

Hrunspuul the Hound of the Cairns is a Godbeast and the progenitor, or so legends claim, of the Vyrkos Vampires. It's lair is hidden somewhere in Shyish.

THIS. SOUNDS. EPIC. WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME!? WEREWOLF ATTACK DOGS FOR MY SONS!!

Edited by KingBrodd
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

I only do the confusion thing when someone posts something I truly don't get, like in much of your vision on female models.

Suit yourself but it's not terribly hard to understand that some people prefer certain established aesthetics and thus don't agree with certain trends. If you can't understand how someone doesn't like absurdly masculine women (with Chaos Warriors always having been "men's men" visually, an example out of a book isn't exactly a killer argument either) or better said - pushing women into a traditionally male design just for - in terms of this particular design -  IMO a misguided need to be inclusive when they could add more women to Chaos in other spots or create new stuff instead of changing established things (which I also dislike in comics and the like) - then you're not even trying to understand the point of view you're disagreeing with or can't be bothered to. Look at Stormcast designs, where godly-boosted women in huge armor (a similar situation to the Chaos warrior status I'd say) do have their own look. I'd rather have heavily armored women in Chaos in that vein as I prefer men and women to look different and not intermingle (no, that's not bashing the LGBT+ community). 

But whatever, a waste of time to go through this again and not the place - I've seen quite a few people here think hulking females in "pretty male-looking" Chaos armor are cool; might be a generational or regional thing as I know others that agree with me or maybe we're all just old-fashioned. As they say: the customer is king, so whatever sells, it's good - worst thing is that I wouldn't buy something if I don't like it. I'm sure GW can manage. And no, I got no problem with non-sexy female minis: I had a warband of Sisters of Sigmar back in Mordheim, the Sister Superior wasn't exactly a super model in there either (but a very characterful sculpt). And I liked Enoby's argument that she enjoys less "classic beauty" female sculpts... while I disagree in the case of Chaos Warriors, I totally get her point.

• Like 1
  • Confused 7

I love that vampire! If its not a female vamp the androgynous, slender look would be amazing - the beefed up baldies sort of miss the idea of vamps as supernaturally strong and quick. Really looking forward to seeing more on Saturday -there will at least be the Underworlds war band and will the vamps and hunters feature in Critters and Keys?? 

• Like 4

I'm in the camp of the Vampire model is definitely female and the article (which has already been edited apparently?) just featured a mistake. 

Either way, it's a great looking model held down by an oddball paintjob. I've seen a fan edit with adjusted colours and it looks way better. 

The tauntauns look even better as a full unit, especially the matched posing. In saying all that, the new hero is easily the best model they've shown off so far, and fills a hole Lumineth needed to be filled. 

Despite all this good stuff leaking, it just makes me even more excited for the weekend reveals just to see what hasn't been shown off yet! One could almost forget we're getting a massive Slaanesh mortals release in just under a month 🤭

Edited by Jaskier
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, Ragest said:

I don’t get the gender controversy about the Vampire. Who cares? You can either say thats your vamp dude ruler of all zombies or the girl vamp ruler of all zombies.

Female models aren't that common outside some factions (like khaine and sylvaneth), so it is always nice to have more representation.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Dreddships said:

The real question is will we get a new Mortarch and why should it be Vladdy

I do really like Vlad, but I'm wondering if it'd be a good idea to bring more WHFB characters back. Okay maybe I'm hippocritical because I really like Sigvald, but at the same time I think AoS could do with some new named characters with books written about them. While I do love Sigvald, I would prefer a book about Syll'Esske or Glutos than Sigvald just to give more narrative to the new guys.

People would go crazy for Vlad, no doubt, but maybe it'd be better if we had a few new characters instead. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Dreddships said:

The real question in this discourse is why does gender even matter to an immortal bloodsucking fiend.

Am fairly sure they don't really bother about specific pronouns in general.

The real question is will we get a new Mortarch and why should it be Vladdy? 

The real question is why wouldn't it matter? Immortal and bloodsucking has nothing to do with gender as far as I can tell. Certainly in the Old World it mattered to many a vampire.

For this model, I figure it's probably gender neutral (i.e. it can be male or female based on whatever you choose to call it or based on headswaps).

Edit: I may have misinterpreted the quoted post. I think in terms of gender division in warfare, vampires have no reason to do so.

Edited by Deepkin
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Dreddships said:

The real question is will we get a new Mortarch and why should it be Vladdy? 

I think if we do it will either be Abhorash or an AoS OC. The former's been namedropped a few times and is a pretty popular lore figure to say he's never had a model, both in Fantasy and AoS. Whilst it's possible they do just say "Neferata is already their Mortarch" they seem pretty happy with releasing diorama-esq centrepiece characters with new armies and I don't think they'd buck the trend this time.

Personally I hope it's not Vlad. His story felt very tied up in Sylvania and with Isabella and I'm more than happy for that book to have closed with WHFB, plus I don't think we've had any hints as to his being around or Nagash having any plans to bring him back.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Deepkin said:

The real question is why wouldn't it matter? Immortal and bloodsucking has nothing to do with gender as far as I can tell. Certainly in the Old World it mattered to many a vampire.

For this model, I figure it's probably gender neutral (i.e. it can be male or female based on whatever you choose to call it or based on headswaps).

The model looks pretty feminine to me personally but this topic is lava here now, in big part due to my opinion on Chaos Warriors :D. Sorry! I really dig it now that I can make out what it's supposed to be. I do like the more pronounced eyes from someone's sketch in here, as it really helped set the focus on her face. What I especially like is the armor shape though. In a world of many factions wearing armor, they've managed to give a quite distinct look that recalls what came in before ( in Vampire armor) but feels a bit more unique. Looking forward to more from that faction.

Hmm Nagash is kind of insane, but he's likely noticed that Gotrek is back and is running around in his realm and wanting to go fight him and whilst Nagash is insane, he's also got to know that Gotrek has infinitely more powerful plot armour! 

So if you're a many thousands of years old lich who's a bit insane what would you do - bring back one of his former companions of course Ulrika Magdova. As a vampire of course! Though she likely fell during the End Times, Nagash has shown that he's basically capable of bringing back most Vampires from his deep connection to them and memories; or heck perhaps she found a loophole. Regardless, after Felix she'd be the one of the best ways to really unsettle and manipulate Gotrek. Since Felix keeps getting teased as being a Stormcast (potentially), Ulrika is the next best!

• Like 2