The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Enoby said:

Think it's a bit of a shame they're not a woman - would be nice to have more female generic combat heroes - but ah well.

I’m not convinced they haven’t just made a mistake in the article, tbh. Either way, it clearly works as a male or female seeing as no one is really too sure!

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, rosa said:

I have to say that I didn't like the Lumineth at the beginning. I liked the look though, but the model range was just a tiny bit too limited and so I was not please.

But now: with these it feels just right and the mounted lord looks really awesome.

For me: lumineth: from zero to hero!!!

Nah, can't wait for Gotrek making fun of them in Brian Blessed's booming voice.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

One thing that is disturbing is that in the article they almost exclusively mention new Lumineth miniatures and not really vampires.

hopefully they have a lot more vampire stuff, and other info on the show this weekend! .. At least just a little more info, on how they will fit in to the grand alliance of death and legion of Nagash.

There is still the skeleton, and the axe zombie from the new year video, and the zombie thingy from the halloween picture

Edited by Nasnad

Oh i definitely agree the Vampire looks like a woman, still could be given the turnaround on the article tbh and theyve made corrections when they wussed out on the Non Binary Stormcast before for example.

If anything less emphasis on the Vampire probably means they are getting more attention on Saturday, especially if they are revealing a new army, a new warhammer quest featuring that army and a new underworlds warband adjacent to the army :D

Might be sick to death of them ;)

• Like 7

2 hours ago, NotAWzrd said:

Ulfenkarn does sound suspiciously like Wulfen... 🤔

That's because it is.

Wulf - Wolf

Ulf - ulv (wolf in archaic Swedish and Norwegian)

So here's my theory - Ulfenkarn is Warhamerese for Wolf's Cairn. We get werewolves (ulvar) and Norse/Viking undead. Badabim badabum, thank me later.

Edit: Additional obvious detail I forgot - wolf is in icelandish, the language closest to the language of the Norse, úlfur. So while there's a german link, I think the Norse link is closer considering the draug-like model we saw teased in previous previews.

Edited by Public Universal Duardin
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

I'm actually a big fan of the androgynous nature of that vampire, think that's a really interesting way to go. 

Also not entirely hating the paint-job, I can see what they were aiming for - that almost Sin City style of monochromatic darkness with splash of vibrant colour - but I don't thing it meshes well with the Eavy Metal style, which sometimes does models no favours at all. 

All in all, after a year away from AoS working on 40k stuff, this and the Lumineth have pulled me right back in. Not the biggest fan of the Windrunners, but the Vanari Lord Regent is glorious. And that vampire is crying out to be painted. 

Also also, a city-set urban horror Warhammer Quest pitting a Witch Hunter against zombies/werewolves/necromancers/vampires would see me selling what remains of my kidneys to purchase it. Give me Age Of Sigmar Van Helsing dammit!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Murder Pancake said:

Seeing the mounts in context makes them look much better. Desert tauntauns it is. I am still not a huge fan of them but that mounted lord is fantastic and I am sure I will be able to find a way to add it into my Tzeentch in the future...for reasons.

Misguided and disgusting! 🤮  How about adding some Nurgle daemons if you're at it, traitor? 😡

1 minute ago, CommissarRotke said:

Did anyone suggest that this rumor might mean Endless Spells for Lumineth? Was looking over other articles after the "leaked" article today and realized this pic must be for LRL if the Wind Temple is their next release:

they already got endless spells, have seen some saying that it could be the fox spirit for the  wind temple

1 hour ago, NotAWzrd said:

image.jpeg.7942f746a6a387ff7228f255fe3740db.jpegw1gZNtWMSdPwP0Uc.jpg

The armour panel, foot and shield are in the same position, the shield design, the tassel on the mounts face and fur colour are different though. Looking highly likely to be a dual kit.

also the shield is different it has a different cape almost touching the shield and also the reins havee some kind of pendant/seal in it and those fluffy hair in a bracer are pointing towards the ground not backwards.