The Rumour Thread

Two points about the Undead discussion...:

- Normal skellies aren't going anywhere, as Black Knights are kit-tied to Hexwraiths (which aren't going anywhere)

- If this does end up being the Castlevania army (i.e. skellies, zombies, vampires, etc.), we can probably rule out that Tomb Kings were removed for being "too generic". Thus, maybe the door is still ajar for desert-themed mummies in the future.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Ulfenkarn could be a "German-like language".

Ulfen = Wulfen = Wolf
Karn = Karnevale = Carnival

A new game based in classic and new horror monsters. It could be the new dungeon crawler of GW.

German meanings of the words:
Ulfen means „puking“

Karn means „butter-barrel“ (northern German)

well, I prefer your explanation xD

• Haha 8
  • Confused 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

Welp if they put werewolves into a vampire army, I guess I'll have no choice but to buy a Death box.... Sigmar forgive me.

I get why they'd put the 'monsters' together but with vampires and werewolves usually at odds in most fiction it still feels weird.

Werewolves exist already in the Chaos faction as Skinwolves, although I think they're no longer made and so are legends?

11 minutes ago, Kyriakin said:

- Normal skellies aren't going anywhere, as Black Knights are kit-tied to Hexwraiths (which aren't going anywhere)

- If this does end up being the Castlevania army (i.e. skellies, zombies, vampires, etc.), we can probably rule out that Tomb Kings were removed for being "too generic". Thus, maybe the door is still ajar for desert-themed mummies in the future.

If I recall correctly, in a white dwarf they wanted a common aesthetic for death in AOS, it was the designer talking about Nagash and how he went about making the mortarchs.  Now, this is just my interpretation, Tomb Kings did not fit in that aesthetic they were aiming for which was dark souls/castlevania/gothic, so they weren't carried forward I guess. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Kyriakin said:

I really believe the long and short of it for Tomb Kings is just that they were the second worst selling faction. That and maybe the fact that they had fairly few plastic kits.

People always talk about being too generic and not copyrightable,  but other generic stuff made it into AoS no problem and you can't copyright an aesthetic, in any case.

I for one fully expect Tomb Kings to make their return eventually, especially with their newfound popularity from Total War Warhammer. It might just take another few years.

8 minutes ago, shinros said:

If I recall correctly, in a white dwarf they wanted a common aesthetic for death in AOS, it was the designer talking about Nagash and how he went about making the mortarchs.  Now, this is just my interpretation, Tomb Kings did not fit in that aesthetic they were aiming for which was dark souls/castlevania/gothic, so they weren't carried forward I guess. 

I imagine at that point, OBR had already begun the design process too - and now we have our 'exotic' skeletons through OBR rather than Tomb Kings. 

They died for a good cause if anything - we have our new Settra, even if this one has a David Bowie bulge 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Is it me or does it look a bit... off. Dope model, happy that he hasn’t got a pegleg. 

but the painting seems a bit ‘flat’ and the base quite big for its mass

what disturbs me is the pose on top of the stone which seems to be too small -it gives the impression of the model skateboarding on the stone. Great model for the rest, even "plain" for AoS standards? (in terms of accessorizing I mean, icons, belts, bags and stuff)

The Lumienth wind-riders look interesting, better and weirder for seeing the lot. I like the little fangs they seem to have, like with sika deer or muntjacs or chinese water deer. Once you see the legs though it becomes clear that they're not kangaroos, they're running beasts rather than hopping, not that that'll stop the memes. They're odd! Not that fantastical really, not chimeras, rather like mundane animals from a world a little different to ours. They make me think of Dougal Dixon's 'speculative evolution' illustrations, like they're a sort of rabbit-deer:

image.png.8546d4b91b7c94bbce178a1cb2d6748a.png

Also good to finally see a melee hero for Lumineth! A cat-legged ox-creature is an interesting choice but not a bad one, and the rider looks cool. This whole release is giving me increasing Princess Mononoke or Glorantha feels.

Love the vampire. The slight angle on the Tactical Rock Mk.1 works really well with the stance, might be the first interesting example. They look alert and contemptuous. Perching lightly on a rock like that in full plate is a very vampire sort of thing to do. Armour's great too, I love the boots.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 4