The Rumour Thread

I have most of the WH40K armies, most of the AoS armies as well (but I´m mounting and painting them) and all the WHFB ones (and some extra like Fimirs and Nippon), but vampires are my favourite ones, ever, all games and sistems.

So this is AMAZING. I was preparing myself for a new undead army so it´s time for start painting and mounting them for the new battletome. I´m very very excited.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Nostrammo said:

So as far as units are concerned I think we will get these pretty little things back 

Vargheists

I think vargheists needs a redesign, they looks too much like the crypt flayers (i know it's the same kit and vargheist was before FEC existed as an army).

Gimme stone-living gargoyle

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

Yup, and likely some of those who call this ridiculous, probably found the Slaanesh ones great, which have a very similar body shape, and probably will have very similar poses for both mount and rider.

The kangaroo thing is fun for memes, but they obviously not jumping. 

[PIC]

I actually think the resemblance between the two is not random: there's a lot of similarities between LRL and mortal slaanesh going on

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Sance said:

I think vargheists needs a redesign, they looks too much like the crypt flayers (i know it's the same kit and vargheist was before FEC existed as an army).

Gimme stone-living gargoyle

I'd say there is a chance for gargoyles to replace some of the old bat themed models:

2020-12-22.png

Another thing that's pretty crazy: The new leaked Vampire lord does not seem to solve any rumour engines. Really makes you wonder what else could be in store.

1 minute ago, Marcvs said:

I actually think the resemblance between the two is not random: there's a lot of similarities between LRL and mortal slaanesh going on

Definitely. The armor/clothing  is also pretty similar in some places (gems, shoulders for example) then we have the Cathallar and the Shardspeaker having similar magic (at least it looks like that) etc.

Seems to be on purpose. Not sure if Slaanesh is influencing the elves, or eating all the elf souls is influencing Slaanesh : ). 

• Like 2

Just now, LuminethMage said:

Definitely. The armor/clothing  is also pretty similar in some places (gems, shoulders for example) then we have the Cathallar and the Shardspeaker having similar magic (at least it looks like that) etc.

Seems to be on purpose. Not sure if Slaanesh is influencing the elves, or eating all the elf souls is influencing Slaanesh : ). 

I also find it really plausible that GW writers might be setting up a twist where Lumineth are secretly chaos corrupted (or at least shaped in some way by having their souls be consumed by Slaanesh for so long). There are just a lot of parallels between the two that seem to be deliberately set up. People noticed the whole cow theme and the fact that Hysh's geography looks like the chaos insignia pretty much right away. And the hints just seem to keep coming.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

Does make me wonder in what direction they will take Malerion’s forces, as I always thought they would be the dark mirror to the Lumineth considering Hysh and Ulgu’s duality. I do love how interwoven Slaanesh’s influence is though, lore-wise and aesthetically. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, El Syf said:

The arch looks kind of gothic, so I could imagine this being a weird creature of the night.

On the other hand. the grime on the bottom kind of looks like icicles. Some people were already speculating about some of the rumour engines we have seen being Ogors/Beast Claw Raiders. Could that be possible?

15 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I also find it really plausible that GW writers might be setting up a twist where Lumineth are secretly chaos corrupted (or at least shaped in some way by having their souls be consumed by Slaanesh for so long). There are just a lot of parallels between the two that seem to be deliberately set up. People noticed the whole cow theme and the fact that Hysh's geography looks like the chaos insignia pretty much right away. And the hints just seem to keep coming.

I honestly hope that’s not the case. So far, there are other explanations for the things you describe, like Hysh simply looking like it does because the symbol of Hysh itself looks like that (and Hysh is all about symbolism, so that would make sense). The cow thing, I see more as a theme brought forward by people like Tom from Warhammer Weekly who just don’t like them, and are a bit salty about the direction GW has taken with the Lumineth. If you look at the description of the Lumineth in their Battletome and what Phil Kelly said about them in the official vids I don’t think they are corrupted in that way. 

That said, it’s possible that eventually they’ll take the story in that direction. After all, the Lumineth had been within Slaanesh for aeons as you say, and they could always have the Lumineth succumb to some kind of lingering corruption. It’s not like it wouldn’t make any sense at all.  

6 minutes ago, NotAWzrd said:

Does make me wonder in what direction they will take Malerion’s forces, as I always thought they would be the dark mirror to the Lumineth considering Hysh and Ulgu’s duality. I do love how interwoven Slaanesh’s influence is though, lore-wise and aesthetically. 

Right, that’s a good point!  It makes the dynamic a bit different to what was going on in Fantasy. I’m also really looking forward to what they’ll do with Malerion. 

1 hour ago, SorryLizard said:

I hope that any new Vampire faction is not tied into subservience to Nagash. Let Death as a whole alliance become a less monolithic 'and they serve Nagash' thing and let our heroes have more personal agency.

My guess is the sub-factions will have different themes to them. So we might have one which is genuinely loyal to Nagash, one which serves Neferata/Mannfred directly, one which is only loyal to itself and plots to undermine Nagash, etc.

Personally I hope we see Abhorash, or at least a Blood Knight-themed sub-faction tied to him.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

My guess is the sub-factions will have different themes to them. So we might have one which is genuinely loyal to Nagash, one which serves Neferata/Mannfred directly, one which is only loyal to itself and plots to undermine Nagash, etc.

Personally I hope we see Abhorash, or at least a Blood Knight-themed sub-faction tied to him.

If Abhorash could make Blood Knights battleline even better! Although somewhat getting ahead of myself (highly doubt he is coming :() 

45 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

We've discussed this earlier but Hysh being shaped like the symbol for the wind of light is NOT an indication of chaos corruption and people who think the alarith symbolism is evidence of chaos corruption are just lazy, so this just seems like a baseless conspiracy theory. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Agree 100%. We need discourse within the Death grand alliance and warring vampire kingdoms certainly gives us that. 

1 minute ago, LordAlpharius said:

We've discussed this earlier but Hysh being shaped like the symbol for the wind of light is NOT an indication of chaos corruption and people who think the alarith symbolism is evidence of chaos corruption are just lazy, so this just seems like a baseless conspiracy theory. 

I was debating with myself whether or not I should include that in my post. For now I will just say the same thing as last time about it: It's an ambiguity that could turn out to mean something, or could mean nothing ;) 

57 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

Elves/Aelves/Eldar and Slaanesh have always shared similar aesthetic elements so I think this just the continuation of those themes.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Can someone please hype me? I don't know how I feel about the Vampire the longer I look at it X_x

Imagine the vampire manacingly floating in the air or looking on some poor advanturers from a half-collapsed archway.

2 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Pretend he's not awkwardly Standing On Rock(tm)  and imagine more definition on the hair. 

Boom. then he's great (imo).

I think it might be a woman, actually.