The Rumour Thread

Just when you think Stormcasts on giant turkeys looked stupid a Lumineth Aelf riding kangaroo enters the party. I think it's really convenient to shoot from a jumping kangaroo. Ideal mount for a profession requiring great precision.

As for the Vampires. Well, he looks gothic to me so maybe my source wasn't right after all BUT look at their name - Gravelords. It might point at their leadership of all the dead creatures that sleep long dead in the grave, so skeletons and zombies.

Edited by Aeryenn
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

Gravelords. It might point at their leadership of all the dead creatures that sleep long dead in the grave, so skeletons and zombies

I would be fine with that, just new zombies please, and blood knights. But more vampire units/troops would also be lovely. And a ranged unit! ..

God I am way to hyped, only setting myself up for disappointment

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Eldarain said:

+++ MOD EDIT +++ No leaked pictures please

That Vampire model and the Gravelords name are such a relief.

As a Legions of Nagash player, I have been low-key worried the faction would just eventually go away or stop receiving updates since OBR was released. I'm glad that this won't likely be the case anytime soon with this announcement. I'm qlso happy that this seems to be exactly what people wanted: Neo Vampire Counts. I for one am happy we are probably getting a full Castlevania army, hopefully with a place for skeletons, zombies and other creatures of the night.

• Like 5

Damn that’s a cool vampire. Gothic via anime, and actually a little understated despite it all. That could more or less fit into a WHFB vampire counts army, which is nice because that was a good style that was never fully explored before the end times rather than just nostalgia. I like this general armoured aesthetic with dragon/bat features while still being a little more low fantasy than e.g. chaos stuff.

Gravelords as a name is... whatever.

The Lumineth dude’s cool too, to my mind more in concept than specifically in execution, but I do enjoy the doubling down on the wild concepts and the giving people conniptions. Looks better than the Alarith and if it’ll stop folks mindlessly repeating “lol cowlords” then great.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, KriticalKhan said:

Based on what we've seen so far, I think GW has a Dark Souls fan working on this faction

See in the context of one dude I would describe that name as real neat-o but as a faction name I’m just happy that it’s not something worse. Soulblight Vitaesuckers or Soulblight Fangmasters or something.

But yeah, aesthetically this has Dark Souls fingerprints all over it, just as the Ossiarch had Wayne Barlowe all over them.

• Thanks 1

Lets not forget the most important thing about the new vampire; they have hair and full armour! Hoping skegs are a part of this army as I have hundreds of the bloody things.

Thank Nagash that Manfreds chrome dome muscle shirt men haven’t arrived, so happy with this.

Abhorash and plastic blood knights and take my money now!

Edited by El Syf
  • Like 2

While definitely looking similar to a kangaroo, they don't seem to have the same method of locomotion. while kangaroos move both legs simultaneously as they hop or move, you can see in the image that this creatures right leg is raised while the left is making contact with the ground. this suggests it quite likely moves more like say a tauntaun from star-wars. 

Suppose it means the riders are less likely to get motion sickness from all the hopping, though it wouldn't surprise if Lumineth were immune to such things haha.

Edited by SilentSentinel
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

That looks sooooooo much better.

yet not sure how I feel about the blood-hair 😅

BTW the Vamp has a blood dragon shield ;)

The LRL are, once again, absolutely not my taste

Reveal hidden contents

Why no Falkor? Instead 

image.jpeg.80accdf7d0260f8242f5120e8277d128.jpeg + image.jpeg.07f688531ed3373de82969c7d399f92f.jpeg

No, it isn't a Blood Dragon emblem, it is the Von Carstein emblem.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, El Syf said:

Lets not forget the most important thing about the new vampire; they have hair and full armour! Thank Nagash that Manfreds chrome dome muscle shirt men haven’t arrived, so happy with this. Abhorash and plastic blood knights and take my money now!

The females were always with hair and less feral looking...I would wait to see a male vampire before saying gj GW

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

No, it isn't a Blood Dragon emblem, it is the Von Carstein emblem.

Von Carstein, you say? I posted this back in November:

On 11/9/2020 at 11:03 AM, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I'm also going to throw out a few predicitons for fun:

Ven Brecht was rescured by one of Mannfred von Carsteins agents and we will see a new Death army over the course of Broken Realms that answers to Mannfred.

Slaanesh will not get a significant range expansion during Broken Realms beyond what they already got, but will at the start of AoS 3.0. The Newborn will be a new god model on par with Nagash and friends.

Cities of Sigmar will not be done away with over the course of Broken Realms. If anything, we will get extra cities.

Orruk Warclans will get a range expansion similar to what DoK got: A new hero and at least one unit. Gorkamorka will not get a model.

Subscribe for more spurious speculation 😎

Just, you know, ignore that huge whiff regarding Slaanesh.

@zamerion  Not really.  DoK have had a release for Warcry and Underworlds recently. That might indicate that GW are doing more work on them.

If GW are re-vamping the Soulblight they might have done work to add them into AoS, Underworlds,  Warcry, etc.  All of those can swap models around.

If we get WHQ undead the same could hold true. It would be a great way to add more hero sculpts, for one thing.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nasnad said:

Still think the axe zombie and witch hunter are for a warhammer quest game - Either that, or a new starter box

That is pretty clearly a vampire hunter, though, with his stake bandolier and all. If that guy is for a Warhammer Quest, there needs to be another vampire coming our way. Can't have a vampire hunter fighting zombies.

Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep

I don’t even understand how you take a picture that close up and yet so blurry haha. It’s almost a skill I’m envious of, perfection in any form is impressive- even imperfection. 

I like the archer on the mount much more than the infantry archers.