The Rumour Thread

5 minutes ago, Dreddships said:

The Kangaroo Archers are stunning. They're simultaneously genius and ridiculous and I spent 5 minutes crylaughing at the fact some poor Aelf gotta line up a shot just to have his big kangaroo jack mate jump 6ft in the air and ruin it.

It looks like it's not hopping, just running like a velociraptor.

Just now, Talas said:

It looks like it's not hopping, just running like a velociraptor.

It has to jump - everywhere.

Give it the fly keyword.

Make it perfect.

On the single rule that slowly but surely every release gives us more and more ridiculous animals for the Lumineth until Tyrion rolls in riding a giant Sloth 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Already seeing lots of hate posts in the Lumineth FB groups with fans crying and getting furious over the designs of these hybrid Kangaroo/Dinosaur creatures.  It's going to be just like the cow pre release all over again lol  Hopefully it won't be as toxic as last time.   

I just adore the high fantasy design direction for these mounts though,  the aelf over the top extravagant feel literally captures what High Elves and Lumineth have always been about.  I hope the other Wind Temple models are like this in nature too.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 minute ago, Envyus said:

I think the Roo riders are the same as the preview mount. The preview one is just the unit champion. 

I dont think so. The armor (on the mount and the rider) are different. Smooth vs. the Elemental temple pattern. And the fur of the mount is more textured on the previewed model. 

5 hours ago, madmac said:

I don't do AT either, but apparently the thing at the start of the new Years preview was a new Titan for it.

Ah yes silly me, how did I forget that recent teaser ??? Thank you for the reminder ! 

To be frank, there are so many Rumor Engines (and trailers) that could be Death-related that I don't see the release being "only" Vampire or "only" Deadlwalkers / Zombie for AOS (new Battletome(s)).

The different styles hint more, IMO, toward a Warhammer Quest-style game with different kind of Death Creatures, just like Silver Tower and Blackstone had a great variety of Tzeentch and Chaos models.  So we could get a dungeon with Vampires, Skeletons, Zombies, Werevolves, keys, etc.

The few Sigmar-y RE we got earlier could also be the Witch / Vampire Hunters warband. 

BTW what @Chikout said is also more than likely : a boxed game with new or refreshed designs can totally hint at a Battletome coming (just like a WHU Soulblight warband). 

1 minute ago, Incineroar87 said:

Already seeing lots of hate posts in the Lumineth FB groups with fans crying and getting furious over the designs of these hybrid Kangaroo/Dinosaur creatures.  It's going to be just like the cow pre release all over again lol  Hopefully it won't be as toxic as last time.   

I just adore the high fantasy design direction for these mounts though,  the aelf over the top extravagant feel literally captures what High Elves and Lumineth have always been about.  I hope the other Wind Temple models are like this in nature too.

I hope Lumineth players don't take this the wrong way, but the memery is what is winning people over, across various forums I have seen a lot of people liking the the mounted kangaroo hybrid archers and this is the thing that is pushing them to consider buying the army. With each temple Lumineth will have something people like and I think that's the direction GW are going with them. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Incineroar87 said:

I mean as a former Dark-elf player from the olden days, is a Kangaroo less sensible than Cold Ones? I am all about exotic cool mounts and I am down for the animistic worship of elements embodied as animal spirits. Also for those that don't like them just kit-bash them with Dawn Riders.

I think my only complaints about Lumineth is his embarrassing attempt at a T-Pose and the fragility of the models... which honestly scares me off of them the most.  

Also I know that Malerion will come and I will want his army more than the others... 

Edited by Neverchosen

25 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

I dont think so. The armor (on the mount and the rider) are different. Smooth vs. the Elemental temple pattern. And the fur of the mount is more textured on the previewed model. 

As I said I think that one is the unit champion. There are at least two roos in that box and they will likely look diffren.t 

So, sounds like it's the Vamps and the Zombies together as a faction.

Darn.  I wanted an all-vampire-all-the-time faction and a faction of zombies by themselves.

As for what you are seeing!:  Vampire Lord has a shield in a bat-wing shape with a dragon on its front, and a honking huge mace.  Vampire has long red hair that is being held aloft by bats to avoid getting in their eyes.  Reads as female to me, I could be wrong.

Also, those Kangaroo riders may just be the best thing ever.  GW continues to impress.

Edited by HiddenElephant
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1